Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictommy

Some decent games to be had alright Jim. I'd say Burren need more good fortune in Clonduff to bear a Rostrevor team who will fancy their chances?

thewobbler

Ah, dual players conundrum.

I'll go back to a post I made a few years ago when Liatroim had a handful of players competing to the closing stages of the IFC, IHC, MFC and MHC.

What is it that a fixtures secretary can do in such circumstances?

It's all very well giving off. But the only solution for "burnout" of genuine dual players is to start one code's competitions in May, and wrap it up by the start of August.

johnnycool

Quote from: thewobbler on August 27, 2019, 11:18:03 AM
Ah, dual players conundrum.

I'll go back to a post I made a few years ago when Liatroim had a handful of players competing to the closing stages of the IFC, IHC, MFC and MHC.

What is it that a fixtures secretary can do in such circumstances?

It's all very well giving off. But the only solution for "burnout" of genuine dual players is to start one code's competitions in May, and wrap it up by the start of August.

Liatroim are guaranteed 3 games in the Senior Hurling Championship this year as well starting on Saturday night with a double header in Carryduff.

Good to see them make the step up.

downjim

Any odds on the championship now?? What way did Kilcoo perform last night?? No one is setting the world a light at the minute, Kilcoo massive favs but any other team would be confident of another few wins, Clonduff, Harps and the stone to come through

champion1981

Was in Hughes bookmakers last night and a burren man put 5k on the point to win championship  ,a proud burren man he is 2,

maldini

Targetman

Quote from: downjim on August 27, 2019, 11:43:38 AM
Any odds on the championship now?? What way did Kilcoo perform last night?? No one is setting the world a light at the minute, Kilcoo massive favs but any other team would be confident of another few wins, Clonduff, Harps and the stone to come through
I wasn't overly impressed with Kilcoo last night, if Mooney had of been available for Rostrevor it could have been different, at the minute I'd say Kilcoo are the best of a fairly average lot

terrifictommy

Ballyholland and Longstone - not so sure about that. I'd be on Bredagh and Loughinisland on previous rounds. Rostrevor could cause an upset too.

Akinfenwa

All very close to call ties in the SFC. You wouldn't be surprised to hear either team win in all the ties. Although I'd edge towards Clonduff, Loughinisland, Bredagh and Burren, but as I say all tight matches.

champion1981

Targetman 100% agree with you on mooney, but magpies could say same about ryan johnstone, Aidan  brannigan, ceilum Doherty, Aaron morgan ,darragh o Hanlon  big greenan and mcgreevy,,burren need to up their game big time to beat the reds, loughinisland, clonduff,reds,breadth all to advance to next round

upandwin

Completely wide open this year based on what I've seen. Think an outsider could sneak it, Loughinisland or Mayobridge possibly. Loughinisland should've beaten the bridge but there's more to come from the sky blues. Anyone know if Kilcoo are getting some of their missing players back soon? CPN were very impressive against Clonduff but very poor against Ballyholland so never know which Warrenpoint will show up-think they've the best team on paper but not hungry enough for me. Burren will grind out a couple of results and get beaten by the Magpies in another rematch in the final...

Predictions for the coming weeks-

Stone to beat Bredagh by 4
Island to beat Harps by 5
Burren to beat Reds by 6
Clonduff to beat Ford by 4

CPN v Burren
Mayobridge v Stone
Kilcoo v Clonduff
Carryduff v Longstone

terrifictommy

There's a few tipping Longstone, I just can't see them matching Bredaghs pace. Experience may be the difference though. I'm still going Bredagh, Burren, Clonduff, Loughinisland.

Is that quarter final listing accurate, as in that's who each winner will play?

elk

Loughinisland 16/1 & CPN @ 10/1 are the value bets

SamFever

Quote from: upandwin on August 28, 2019, 02:41:42 PM
Completely wide open this year based on what I've seen. Think an outsider could sneak it, Loughinisland or Mayobridge possibly. Loughinisland should've beaten the bridge but there's more to come from the sky blues. Anyone know if Kilcoo are getting some of their missing players back soon? CPN were very impressive against Clonduff but very poor against Ballyholland so never know which Warrenpoint will show up-think they've the best team on paper but not hungry enough for me. Burren will grind out a couple of results and get beaten by the Magpies in another rematch in the final...

Predictions for the coming weeks-

Stone to beat Bredagh by 4
Island to beat Harps by 5
Burren to beat Reds by 6
Clonduff to beat Ford by 4

CPN v Burren
Mayobridge v Stone
Kilcoo v Clonduff
Carryduff v Longstone

When are these fixtures on?

DuffGael

The 1/4 finals draw hasn't taken place yet.