Time for U2 to shuffle off before the corpse smells?

Started by Shamrock Shore, March 10, 2014, 03:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Bingo on November 28, 2015, 10:18:39 AM
Absolute brilliant show last night in Dublin.

............. Enda Kenny sat 3 rows in front.
"government approved rock and roll"
BH

Puckoon

Joshua Tree 30 year tour kicks off in May. Must admit to not having been the hugest fan in my youth - but over the last couple years I have really enjoyed the U2 albums from all decades. I am sure plenty on here have seen them live - good show? Hoping to nab some pre-sale tickets for the show at Levi's Stadium. Mumford and Sons opening for them.

snoopdog

Quote from: Puckoon on January 09, 2017, 05:15:45 PM
Joshua Tree 30 year tour kicks off in May. Must admit to not having been the hugest fan in my youth - but over the last couple years I have really enjoyed the U2 albums from all decades. I am sure plenty on here have seen them live - good show? Hoping to nab some pre-sale tickets for the show at Levi's Stadium. Mumford and Sons opening for them.
Seen them many times. Good gig apart from the ego preaching his political bs

Mayo4Sam

Excellent gigs, saw them in Boston and Dublin last year and they were awesome
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Eamonnca1

Not sure if I understand all the hatred. Successful band that keeps on going and produces great shows, by all accounts. Uses their profile to highlight good causes too. Sounds like a case of good old begrudgery.

DrinkingHarp

The Joshua Tree Tour was the first U2 concert I went to and have missed only 2 tours since.

The concert was in Murfreesboro TN and the opening act was The Bodeans and a special guest appearance of Naomi Judd with Bono on stage.

I also believe this is their best record next to Rattle and Hum or War. Will enjoy seeing this tour in the summer.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

5 Sams

Looking forward to hearing my all time favourite U2 song live for the first time ever...Red Hill Mining Town...this will be enormous...and at HQ as well....only time I'll be there supporting anyone this year I suppose :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
The Aristocrat Years

Gmac

Mumford and son are the supporting act in the USA looking forward to May 17 in Levi stadium .
Saw them in 2015 in San Jose and they were excellent

5 Sams

Quote from: Gmac on January 14, 2017, 01:43:40 AM
Mumford and son are the supporting act in the USA looking forward to May 17 in Levi stadium .

Noel Gallagher is support in Dublin...lookin forward to that as well...Oasis were shite...him on his own  ;D ;D ;D
The Aristocrat Years

StGallsGAA

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on January 09, 2017, 09:44:40 PM

The Joshua Tree Tour was the first U2 concert I went to and have missed only 2 tours since.

The concert was in Murfreesboro TN and the opening act was The Bodeans and a special guest appearance of Naomi Judd with Bono on stage.

I also believe this is their best record next to Rattle and Hum or War. Will enjoy seeing this tour in the summer.

Rattle and Hum better than The Joshua Tree?  You have been drinking Harp!

Puckoon

Quote from: Gmac on January 14, 2017, 01:43:40 AM

Did you get tickets yet? Mumford and Sons are only supporting the first 3 shows (Vancouver, Seattle, SF) after that it's the Lumineers or one Replublic in the states.

Presale was a disaster. Got tickets, but not the ones I wanted and I can't re-sell them
Or transfer them. Credit card pick up only.

gallsman

Rattle and Hum is definitely better than Joshua Tree. It has the creme of the JT and then adds to it, especially Desire, Silver and Gold and that version of Pride.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 14, 2017, 02:14:04 AM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on January 09, 2017, 09:44:40 PM

Rattle and Hum better than The Joshua Tree?  You have been drinking Harp!

Yes and No
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Dougal Maguire

Jaysus fair play to that Bono. He hasn't changed a bit in the 30 years since The Joshua Tree was released. The man hadn't a grey hair in his head.
Careful now