Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

On the Arsenal thread now lookin a bite.

Mods will act in about 2mths time so until then we may put up with it....yawn

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Bronco on October 05, 2020, 10:25:24 PM
Is this the kind of unprovoked abuse which is tolerated round these parts?

Very unbecoming behaviour from a referee imo.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 05, 2020, 10:18:17 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 05, 2020, 09:29:21 PM
What the fcuk is wrong with yis? Multiple posts on different threads all with one purpose and yis still engage him  :o

A fuckwit of the highest order. Straight out of hoganstand!

Why do you think people are talking about you?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Best of luck to Chris Smalling, a decent servant over the years. Sometimes threatened to be a very good player   :)

Bronco

Expressing my opinion is not looking a bite. Feel free to ignore it.

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on October 05, 2020, 10:28:49 PM
On the Arsenal thread now lookin a bite.

Mods will act in about 2mths time so until then we may put up with it....yawn

OgraAnDun

Pogba gets a hammering in the press for his attitude, being a "cancer" inside Utd etc but all reports or interviews from players, insiders etc always state that he's a positive influence in the dressing room. His agent and family are definitely a pain in the arse in the media. I think there's definitely an undercurrent of unconscious racism in how the British press treat Pogba (and Sterling).

BennyCake

Quote from: Boycey on October 05, 2020, 10:31:36 PM
Best of luck to Chris Smalling, a decent servant over the years. Sometimes threatened to be a very good player   :)

I must have went for a piss and missed that.

Cunny Funt

Decent pro a good move for him.  Few if any of Ole targets delivered. Pure PR to not confirm the Cavani deal until the last hour of the deadline.

Everton, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea all had much better transfer windows leaving Uniteds task to finish top 4 more difficult.

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 05, 2020, 11:18:22 PM

Decent pro a good move for him.  Few if any of Ole targets delivered. Pure PR to not confirm the Cavani deal until the last hour of the deadline.

Everton, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea all had much better transfer windows leaving Uniteds task to finish top 4 more difficult.

Despite the £90million or whatever bids, did the club ever really have any intention of spending that sort of money on Sancho or anyone else this window?

As a few talking heads have pointed out recently, serious transfer discussions rarely involve rejected bids these days. Clubs employ negotiators who chat behind the scenes and don't waste time offering money unless there's a very strong chance of acceptance.

United seems to have had a summer of rejection - can their transfer negotiators really have been that inept, or was it all just spin to keep supporters onside for as long as possible?
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Boycey

Quote from: BennyCake on October 05, 2020, 11:12:12 PM

Ur hardly a reliable barometer, with ur "he's shite" mantra  :)

NAG1

There doesnt seem to have been any serious attempt to sign a CB. So that obv means that either Ole is happy with what he has currently and told to make it work, or that the club are happy with what is there and he was told no.

The Cavanni one reminds me a bit of the Zlatan deal, bit of a gamble but if it pays off every one looks so clever pretty much like the Zlatan one and if it doesn't they hold their hands up and say he was on a free.

BennyCake

Quote from: Boycey on October 06, 2020, 06:23:47 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 05, 2020, 11:12:12 PM

Ur hardly a reliable barometer, with ur "he's shite" mantra  :)

I didn't say "he's shite", did I? ;)

(Except when I just said it above).

Maroon Manc

Another disappointing summer, thats the 3rd summer transfer window in a row where Woodward hasn't delivered. I can remember leading up to summer 2018 and all the reports were United were going to spend £200m and we ended up with Fred and Dalot.

On the face of it signing Van Der Beek, Cavani & Telles for £50m is excellent business and if United had managed to Dembele in on loan I'd have been happy enough with it in the circumstances, can understand too leaving Telles to the last minute as they've got him on the cheap.

Dortmund wanted too much money for Sancho and earlier on in the summer I thought just pay it but United can't keep paying over the odds for every player so there's logic too not paying what they wanted but not having replacement lined up on loan earlier isn't good enough.

United were always up against it at the start of the season given the lack of pre season and ideally needed signings early but prepared to cut them some slack given who Ole's main target and how that dictated anyone else United were in for. 

Arsenal & Spurs have spent a lot more than I expected, both clubs have bigger financial problems than United but have done well this summer and both will fancy their chances of finishing above United.

Sunday was not good enough but United aren't that bad, every single player looks miles off the pace; Its not just a few of them its the lot of them; I've no idea whether Ole is good enough but after last season he deserves a chance to prove himself but can see why he's under huge pressure given Poch is available. Its going to be a huge month when they get back from international duty.

mouview

Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 06, 2020, 09:38:17 AM
Another disappointing summer, thats the 3rd summer transfer window in a row where Woodward hasn't delivered. I can remember leading up to summer 2018 and all the reports were United were going to spend £200m and we ended up with Fred and Dalot.

On the face of it signing Van Der Beek, Cavani & Telles for £50m is excellent business and if United had managed to Dembele in on loan I'd have been happy enough with it in the circumstances, can understand too leaving Telles to the last minute as they've got him on the cheap.

Dortmund wanted too much money for Sancho and earlier on in the summer I thought just pay it but United can't keep paying over the odds for every player so there's logic too not paying what they wanted but not having replacement lined up on loan earlier isn't good enough.

United were always up against it at the start of the season given the lack of pre season and ideally needed signings early but prepared to cut them some slack given who Ole's main target and how that dictated anyone else United were in for. 

Arsenal & Spurs have spent a lot more than I expected, both clubs have bigger financial problems than United but have done well this summer and both will fancy their chances of finishing above United.

Sunday was not good enough but United aren't that bad, every single player looks miles off the pace; Its not just a few of them its the lot of them; I've no idea whether Ole is good enough but after last season he deserves a chance to prove himself but can see why he's under huge pressure given Poch is available. Its going to be a huge month when they get back from international duty.

Think MU dodged a bullet in not signing Dembele. Should never ever sign an injured or injury-prone player. Remember Falcao and Hargreaves to an extent?
OGS is not good enough, has no track record of success as a manager in top flight football, and his team aren't playing for him. He won nothing last season and got real lucky Leicester fell off the bike in the run-in to pip them to third place. I said it at the time and often since, that fluke win over PSG with one of the worst VAR peno decisions (and that's saying something) was a hugely costly Pyrrhic victory for MU. The entertainment value of seeing Rio making a tit of himself was worth it though!

Maroon Manc

Quote from: mouview on October 06, 2020, 10:36:19 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on October 06, 2020, 09:38:17 AM

Think MU dodged a bullet in not signing Dembele. Should never ever sign an injured or injury-prone player. Remember Falcao and Hargreaves to an extent?
OGS is not good enough, has no track record of success as a manager in top flight football, and his team aren't playing for him. He won nothing last season and got real lucky Leicester fell off the bike in the run-in to pip them to third place. I said it at the time and often since, that fluke win over PSG with one of the worst VAR peno decisions (and that's saying something) was a hugely costly Pyrrhic victory for MU. The entertainment value of seeing Rio making a tit of himself was worth it though!

signing Dembele on loan was a chance worth taking, United will be back in for Sancho next summer.

The players played for Ole last season, think United obtained more points than anyone else from Feb on conceding only 7 goals in the process. There's mitigating factors currently, lets see where United are by mid November.

NAG1

It's the perfect storm that Ole would have wanted to avoid. Coming back late players all over the show in terms of their pre-seasons. The players don't look fit or more so they dont look match sharp.

I'm prepared to give Ole time (although I don't think the Poch rumours are going away any time soon) as he has shown enough for me when he had the players at it, excited to see when Bruno gets back to form and has VDB beside him I think that could be a serious partnership. Also to have the presence of Cavanni should help in games when Tony goes missing and ease the pressure on Rashford and Greenwood.

I don't think there is any other way to go with this squad of players and that is attack attack attack.