The Photograph Thread - Own Works Only! [900 pixels longest side]

Started by Syferus, January 28, 2013, 01:53:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 05, 2013, 11:01:12 AM
The evolution of this board reflects the slow emasculation of men that has been happening for the last 30 years, I recall threads about cooking, man bangs and now a love in about photography, no wonder the Arabs see us as fair game for picking off!  Oh for the days of pints of stout, 2am fry ups and a good auld session of dog kicking before bating/being bate by the wife! :P
You're dead right, but I don't recall that one (thankfully).

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: Hardy on April 05, 2013, 05:23:35 PM
The evolution of this board reflects the slow emasculation of men that has been happening for the last 30 years, I recall threads about cooking, man bangs and now a love in about photography, no wonder the Arabs see us as fair game for picking off!  Oh for the days of pints of stout, 2am fry ups and a good auld session of dog kicking before bating/being bate by the wife! :P
One of the soccer topics maybe!

muppet

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=14983.0

Then there was the Male Grooming thread. The amazing amount of 'lads' that use moisturiser. I tried it and hated it, then I added brandy and could just about force it down.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

Quote from: muppet on April 05, 2013, 06:17:35 PM

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=14983.0

Then there was the Male Grooming thread. The amazing amount of 'lads' that use moisturiser. I tried it and hated it, then I added brandy and could just about force it down.
Forgot about that thread!

Disturbingly there are 4 among our number using hair straighteners. Must be Dubs or McCooeys.

Fluffy Che

Cheers Syf...

Just a bit more info, I am currently using a Kodak EasyShare DX6490 Digital Camera, is this what you would term a bridging camera?

I think its a great camera, but can be slow to react at times and doesnt offer the greatest variety in terms of manual settings etc.

Have looked at some results online from the Kodak and they look fine to me, though less variety in the manual dept. may be a problem if you were shooting in low light or motion shots. Having said that some of my own fave shots have been captured on auto..  there can be a bit of snobbery and a lot of wankery about technical settings etc. I always go with the captured image and if it's good then who cares what your settings are?
I think the Kodak is def bridge territory and if you're happy with the results then that's good enough!
Midnight to Six..

laoislad

A tool who uses a man bag,or worse one of those man scarfs, is hardly the same as someone who is into Photography.
Photography is a skill. 
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gortnaleck

Hey Syferus,  I played with Tom  Corcoran out in San Fran for a few years

Syferus

Quote from: gortnaleck on April 06, 2013, 02:13:27 AM
Hey Syferus,  I played with Tom  Corcoran out in San Fran for a few years

I assume it's a different Thomas Corcoran? This lad's still in secondary school.

ziggy90

Quote from: laoislad on April 05, 2013, 08:28:59 PM

A tool who uses a man bag,or worse one of those man scarfs, is hardly the same as someone who is into Photography.
Photography is a skill

Mostly employed by people who use man bag's or horror of horrror's a man scarf. :P
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Syferus

Fluffy Che

Midnight to Six..

Tony Baloney

I know the Nikon D3100 has been out a few years but it is very attractively priced at less than £300 in Curry's Anyone think it is worth a punt as an entry point into DSLR photography? Decent reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00403MA4M

Orior

Acton Lake, outside Poyntzpass at 6am last Saturday morning, taken with an iPhone.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Syferus

It's amazing how good phone cameras have become, compacts really are starting to feel the squeeze now. Great stuff, Orior.

I had an ould walk down the meadow now that the Leaving Cert weather is upon us:

Puckoon

I like that picture there Syferus. Thanks for sharing that one.