Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I followed him. Jesus that poor man had a terrible time of it. I didn't know him personally but came across very well especially with what he was facing. RIP. Reading someone saying they'd been diagnosed terminal and then seeing their thoughts was eye opening and awfully sad.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Sportacus on October 05, 2020, 11:24:18 PM
Quote from: Bronco on October 05, 2020, 11:06:56 PM
Dry your eyes.

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on October 05, 2020, 08:54:21 PM
So the u12 team looking forward to their championship Final don't get playing it b cos adults can't behave ! Blanket bans are lazy and punish the Innocent
Bronco why do you give out about "unprovoked abuse" on the Man Utd thread and then engage in unprovoked abuse on this thread?
A soccer mam i should have known. The GAA was right to call a halt with the scenes. Then They should have asked all boards what chmapionships they had left to play and then make a decision - this was knee jerk and lazy

paddyjohn

Some very bitter and angry people on this board... jeez lads would ye ever settle and relax

Sportacus

County has announced a two week circuit breaker from training.  Why would you train on under these circumstances with the games shut down. The previous announcement was basically see you all next year.

Belfast GAA man

not sure if you know but kids up to u10 train all year except July & December regardless of games - if its only 2 weeks fair ennough but We seem to be going harder at this than Croke who say the games are paused only

Sportacus

Personally I'm not a believer in training in Oct / Nov.  Everyone needs a break. 

maxpower

Can I ask those who support the cessation of all activities - why?

I understand Covid is on the rise, but to date there has been no linkage between outdoor participation in sport to the transmission of the virus.  Ergo cancelling sport will have no beneficial impact on the reduction of the spread!

Stopping youth sport will have a significant detrimental impact on the physical, social & emotional well being of our children.  Make no mistake, the season is over, for many children GAA would be the only structured physical activity they would get at this time of the year.

In my mind this was purely a PR move to counter the negative publicity generated recently.  Everyone knew the problem was the celebrations not the sport but out with the bath water went baby and all.

What happens next????

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: maxpower on October 07, 2020, 02:52:30 PM

I understand Covid is on the rise, but to date there has been no linkage between outdoor participation in sport to the transmission of the virus.  Ergo cancelling sport will have no beneficial impact on the reduction of the spread!

Stopping youth sport will have a significant detrimental impact on the physical, social & emotional well being of our children.  Make no mistake, the season is over, for many children GAA would be the only structured physical activity they would get at this time of the year.

In my mind this was purely a PR move to counter the negative publicity generated recently.  Everyone knew the problem was the celebrations not the sport but out with the bath water went baby and all.
Are you saying Steven Nolan is the NEw fixtures runai? ;D

Christmas Lights

Quote from: maxpower on October 07, 2020, 02:52:30 PM

You changed your name without consulting me?

downjim

Are GAA social clubs closing in the city?
Does anyone know the law around this please?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: downjim on October 09, 2020, 10:22:50 AM
Are GAA social clubs closing in the city?
Does anyone know the law around this please?

Ours is closed, some never opened and there might be the odd one still open, whether there is an actual law I'm not sure as if you are meeting the requirements of what the Gov is asking you should be ok..

But a directive has come from Croke Park asking all clubs to cease as a place that serves drink!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

downjim

I am in no way advocating opening of bars but surely if bars are opened in the 6 counties they can be opened up. WOuld the GAA sanction a club if they opened this weeks in the 6 counties?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: downjim on October 09, 2020, 11:11:02 AM
I am in no way advocating opening of bars but surely if bars are opened in the 6 counties they can be opened up. WOuld the GAA sanction a club if they opened this weeks in the 6 counties?

Not sure, but given that's its a directive from headquarters, I think they'll expect us to close
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BrendanAntrim

Our match v Wicklow is being streamed next Saturday on GAAGO

bannside

This is a huge game, not a given by any stretch but very winnable if we can produce anywhere near our best. If we can get over the line in Wicklow I can't see Waterford denying us promotion. 4 great additions to the squad can only help competition for places too!