Tyrone v Roscommon Croke Park 14/15th July

Started by omagh_gael, July 07, 2018, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: hardstation on July 09, 2018, 12:34:11 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 09, 2018, 12:30:09 PM
Mickey is probably searching Facebook for our players' wives and girlfriends names as we speak.
https://m.facebook.com/roscommon.mart/?locale2=en_GB

Have at it. I know McStay and McHale are consulting Flann O'Brien and De Selby for an insight into the complex Tyrone mindset and are deliberating if a clue to their defensive mindset is to be found in De Selby's theory of reality as "a succession of static experiences each infinitely brief". If we can get beyond that, we can win.

Maroon Manc

Good to see the Rossies beat Armagh and make the super 8's. A loss here isn't the end of the world for either team as there's a decent chance that Roscommon, Tyrone & Donegal will win one game each given the way the fixtures gave worked out.

I'd like to think Roscommon's forwards have learnt from the Galway game but then again Tyrone will have learnt from Galway's first half horror show. I expect Tyrone to win but it won't be a shock if they don't. I just don't know where this Tyrone team are at.

RedHand88

Mickey is probably searching Facebook for our players' wives and girlfriends names as we speak.

Mickey is a devout Catholic and a fantastic ambassador to the game.

Syferus

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 09, 2018, 01:25:18 PM

He can be as devout as he likes but no one outside of Tyrone buys his sanctimony when he's sending out cynical and dirty teams who essentially revolutionised sledging as much as they did defensive tactics. Sport isn't a special case where rules of decency are not applied or can be ignored.

If Mickey really cared about what was right he would have stopped his players acting like playground bullies on the field a decade and a half ago.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Syferus on July 09, 2018, 01:29:57 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 09, 2018, 01:25:18 PM

He can be as devout as he likes but no one outside of Tyrone buys his sanctimony when he's sending out cynical and dirty teams who essentially revolutionised sledging as much as they did defensive tactics. Sport isn't a special case where rules of decency are not applied or can be ignored.

If Mickey really cared about what was right he would have stopped his players acting like playground bullies on the field a decade and a half ago.

Lol, Was thinking it wouldn't take long. I just hope the sane Roscommon supporters don't start making up untrue allegations and broadcasting their (OK maybe just one) opinions as if they were fact again. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 09, 2018, 12:51:03 PM
Good to see the Rossies beat Armagh and make the super 8's. A loss here isn't the end of the world for either team as there's a decent chance that Roscommon, Tyrone & Donegal will win one game each given the way the fixtures gave worked out.

I'd like to think Roscommon's forwards have learnt from the Galway game but then again Tyrone will have learnt from Galway's first half horror show. I expect Tyrone to win but it won't be a shock if they don't. I just don't know where this Tyrone team are at.
Let's be honest the only horror show in that game was Roscommon shooting or should i say shot selection in the 2nd half. Was nothing horror about Galway's 1st half, Roscommon just played the better football in that half and deserved their lead. 

Kurtz

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 09, 2018, 02:25:15 PM

Let's be honest the only horror show in that game was Roscommon shooting or should i say shot selection in the 2nd half. Was nothing horror about Galway's 1st half, Roscommon just played the better football in that half and deserved their lead.

Roscommon shot selection was truly awful for Galway game
They are in bonus territory now. can go out on Sat, enjoy the game hopefully win

trueblue1234

Quote from: Kurtz on July 09, 2018, 03:44:04 PM

They are in bonus territory now. can go out on Sat, enjoy the game hopefully win

Do you think so? I would have said the opposite for both teams. Both last years provincial winners, who lost out this year. I think a bad performance in the S8 will show clear regression. 

Syferus

Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 09, 2018, 03:51:57 PM

Do you think so? I would have said the opposite for both teams. Both last years provincial winners, who lost out this year. I think a bad performance in the S8 will show clear regression.

A take so bad it needs to be quoted. Tyrone have already regressed from last year, btw.

seafoid

Quote from: weareros on July 09, 2018, 12:43:35 PM
Quote from: hardstation on July 09, 2018, 12:34:11 PM
https://m.facebook.com/roscommon.mart/?locale2=en_GB

Have at it. I know McStay and McHale are consulting Flann O'Brien and De Selby for an insight into the complex Tyrone mindset and are deliberating if a clue to their defensive mindset is to be found in De Selby's theory of reality as "a succession of static experiences each infinitely brief". If we can get beyond that, we can win.
Another relevant De selby quote is that "a journey is a hallucination".

trueblue1234

Quote from: Syferus on July 09, 2018, 04:08:49 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 09, 2018, 03:51:57 PM

A take so bad it needs to be quoted. Tyrone have already regressed from last year, btw.

Great reasoning and explanation as always Syferus. You're posts are always full of sh!te facts

Jayop

Jesus this thread is painful to read. How about wising up with the BS and just talk about the game?

Jayop

Was watching the videos from TTM there after the Cork game and the lads, Skeet, Meyler and O'Neill we're all talking well about that game, what they wanted to got from it and the Super 8. All three were all well versed on not looking past the Rossies and full of compliments for their forwards, especially O'Neill. The interviewer a few times tried to get them to talk about Dublin in Omagh and none of them bit and kept to the scipt that it's all about this game.

In fairness, this is without a doubt the biggest games for both of these teams in this group as you'd imagine it's the pne game that both teams have earmarked as the most winnable.

oliverkelly

I would fancy Donegal in the Hyde as the most winnable. Might be way off but thats my opinion before a ball in thrown in