Tyrone v Roscommon Croke Park 14/15th July

Started by omagh_gael, July 07, 2018, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on July 09, 2018, 07:19:08 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on July 09, 2018, 07:02:34 PM
I have been ignored asking the same question and accused of grandstanding when highlighting the respect Tyrone football  is held in by most Rossies, ( Mickie Harte and the rosary beads  and pro"life" campaign are excluded from this respect I feel in most houses )

You're being ignored because you're just doing your usual trick of pretending like I'm somehow representing anyone but myself, ironically these two posts here by you are much more in keeping with the self-appointed spokesperson for Roscommon that you've attempted to portray me as. Daft.

I'm clarifying your  opinions dont represent me. What you represent fact is personal opinion and nothing more, at times it has a really solid basis and at times it's groundless, but your inability to answer a simple question like why is this a "grudge match" when you championed  it as such  is baffling....

ONeill

Wud Percy be a common name in Roscommon?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jayop

Quote from: ONeill on July 09, 2018, 09:42:39 PM

About as common as Flann in Tyrone :)

RedHand88

Quote from: Syferus on July 09, 2018, 08:25:22 PM
Quote from: Aughafad on July 09, 2018, 08:19:23 PM
Are/where Armagh a better team this year or last year?

Tyrone absolutely beat them out the gate in 2017 with Jamie Clarke whereas Roscommon needed a last minute goal to put gloss on their victory this year.

Roscommon led for more than the last 50 minutes of the match you're trying to use as a prop there.

Tyrone were 1-6 to 0-0 up after 15mins and never looked back. Armagh star man Jamie Clarke took it that bad he left the country! Stop trying to compare that with your tight game against them last week.

weareros

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 09, 2018, 11:00:35 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 09, 2018, 08:25:22 PM
Quote from: Aughafad on July 09, 2018, 08:19:23 PM
Are/where Armagh a better team this year or last year?

Tyrone absolutely beat them out the gate in 2017 with Jamie Clarke whereas Roscommon needed a last minute goal to put gloss on their victory this year.

Roscommon led for more than the last 50 minutes of the match you're trying to use as a prop there.
[w/quote]

Tyrone were 1-6 to 0-0 up after 15mins and never looked back. Armagh star man Jamie Clarke took it that bad he left the country! Stop trying to compare that with your tight game against them last week.

Last year means nothing: Roscommon hammered Galway, Galway hammered Donegal, Tyrone hammered Armagh, Mayo hammered Roscommon, Dublin hammered Tyrone... things change, not worth drawing conclusions.

Syferus

omaghjoe

Beating Roscommon is a must...

No errant playing in the super 8s if you cant beat the team that is happy just to be there.

seafoid

Under the old system there were only 2 matches after the quarter final stage. There was also a nice gap between matches.  It didn't matter if you lost early in Ulster.
This year the schedule is compacted with less time for recovery.
This may be an issue for Tyrone in the last 5 minutes. The Rossies are hoors for scenting blood.

https://youtu.be/lTvUT6rjDjQ

Maroon Manc

Well done to our resident wum, he's managed to turn this into a grudge match all on his own.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 10, 2018, 09:37:10 AM
Well done to our resident wum, he's managed to turn this into a grudge match all on his own.

Has he? Maybe a grudge match between him and other Rossies by the looks of it.
That was never a square ball!!

oliverkelly

To be honest i dont understand half the shite going on here between us and Tyrone fans. Watching the game against Armagh last weekend there was a group of Tyrone gentlemen beside us and you couldnt meet nicer(And that wasnt just because they were shouting for us). And i have never had a problem with any Tyrone fan at any game we have faced them before either Senior or underage. For some reason it seems this website brings out the worst in both

Lar Naparka

Quote from: oliverkelly on July 10, 2018, 10:40:10 AM
To be honest i dont undertsnad have the shite going on here between us and Tyrone fans. Watching the game against Armagh last weekend there was a group of Tyrone gentlemen beside us and you couldnt meet nicer(And that wasnt just because they were shouting for us). And i have never had a problem with any Tyrone fan at any game we have faced them before either Senior or underage. For some reason it seems this website brings out the worst in both
The reason is obvious. One of your own is hell bent on causing trouble wherever he/she/it goes and this thread is no exception.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on July 09, 2018, 09:42:39 PM
I'd say there are more in Tyrone in fairness
I was looking at newsletter.Co.UK and I couldn't find the GAA section.

BennyHarp

To be honest i dont understand half the shite going on here between us and Tyrone fans. Watching the game against Armagh last weekend there was a group of Tyrone gentlemen beside us and you couldnt meet nicer(And that wasnt just because they were shouting for us). And i have never had a problem with any Tyrone fan at any game we have faced them before either Senior or underage. For some reason it seems this website brings out the worst in both

Like I've said umpteen times - I know of no Tyrone fan who has a grudge with Roscommon. That's why I was surprised that it was labelled "the grudge match of the year". Still waiting for the explanation on that one.
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 10, 2018, 11:10:40 AM

Like I've said umpteen times - I know of no Tyrone fan who has a grudge with Roscommon. That's why I was surprised that it was labelled "the grudge match of the year". Still waiting for the explanation on that one.

You'll be waiting a a long time so.