Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belfast GAA man

Ok loads of good players, loads of paid managers Moran/Madden/McNultys loads of semi finals and 2 finals, thought it was 3, and stil nothing to show...........

Calm Down

Christ on a bike I have just seen that Kickhams v GNM will not go ahead on Sunday, which means by the time Kickhams play their quarter final almost 2 months will have passed since their last game, this shows how much of a joke/shambles the group stages have been this year

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Calm Down on September 30, 2021, 08:45:14 AM
Christ on a bike I have just seen that Kickhams v GNM will not go ahead on Sunday, which means by the time Kickhams play their quarter final almost 2 months will have passed since their last game, this shows how much of a joke/shambles the group stages have been this year

Calm down ;), I'm sure Creggan will be playing top notch teams throughout the province as other clubs have been doing.

There plenty of last day wins required in all competitions this weekend
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

Whys it not going ahead?

Dunsilly King

I don't know but I'll take a guess and say GNM aren't respecting the competition. as I say a guess.

Calm Down

Maybe the case MR2, however i think Rossa or St John's will benefit more from their competitive games as opposed to half hearted friendlies

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2021, 08:51:31 AM

Calm down ;), I'm sure Creggan will be playing top notch teams throughout the province as other clubs have been doing.

EOC1923

Quote from: Calm Down on September 30, 2021, 09:28:15 AM
Maybe the case MR2, however i think Rossa or St John's will benefit more from their competitive games as opposed to half hearted friendlies

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2021, 08:51:31 AM

The teams in 3 team groups were at a disadvantage IMO. The whole league system championship is not working, its way too dragged out. Should of instead played another round of league games with county players playing, then had a straight knockout championship.

themac_23

Quote from: Dunsilly King on September 30, 2021, 09:18:20 AM
I don't know but I'll take a guess and say GNM aren't respecting the competition. as I say a guess.

Theres other clubs who are already out who could prob take a trimming this week but will still field, hate clubs not fielding in general never mind in championship. Back to straight knock out next year please, GNM worked their balls off to get to play SFC, any experience should be used

ck

GNM are a terrific dual club at all levels. Really impressive as they do things the right way with little resource. Disappointing to hear that they are refusing to field, if that is in fact the case.
The group games are fine IMO just far too dragged out. I disagree with straight knock out, this will not help Antrim football or club footballers to stick around for one game.
A backdoor system like they have in Down is a good one. Bottom line Antrim Co. Board need to review this year and conclude that it has not been fair on anyone and a shake up is needed.

Belfast GAA man

just reading Irish NewS there and 2 good matches tomorow
St Johns / Cargin - if cargin rest players and st ohns throw everything at it it could be close
Aghag / Endas - winner in loser out - tight match and i hope those city boys dont try and rough up Aghag or we will never hear the end of it!
real championship matches at last

bannside

And what will Rossa do? Will they field at full strength and aim for a QF place, or settle for no injuries and a proper crack at Dunloy in the hurling final?

Mind you Moneyglass wont be a pushover in any event, especially at home with a few players back!

Casements and Ahoghill another tasty one, the loser can pack up till January.

EOC1923

With the lack of games cant see Cargin resting anybody

Hoof Hearted

I think rossa will rest dual men
Johnnies played no hurlers against Moneyglass last day out
Both teams weighing up best options of silverware I imagine
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

breakingball

Well rossa won't win the football so may aswell throw everything at the hurling final, though Dunloy might fancy winning the intermediate football too

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: breakingball on October 03, 2021, 09:34:13 AM
Well rossa won't win the football so may aswell throw everything at the hurling final, though Dunloy might fancy winning the intermediate football too

Hurling no.1 in Dunloy I think everyone can agree on that
Football a distant second and will be a bonus if they wn
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012