The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Celebrate this victory for what is, a huge stand alone achievement, the begrudgers can store up the bile in the hope they can regurgitate it in Autumn 23

Itchy

Quote from: bennydorano on July 16, 2022, 10:31:39 AM
Celebrate this victory for what is, a huge stand alone achievement, the begrudgers can store up the bile in the hope they can regurgitate it in Autumn 23

What's happening in Aug 23? I'll never be able to store my bile that long.

Gael80

Quote from: Itchy on July 16, 2022, 10:14:15 AM
Quote from: Gael80 on July 16, 2022, 10:10:32 AM
Quote from: Helix. on July 16, 2022, 10:00:44 AM
Peaking a year early again but a great win!

Winning a series in New Zealand is an achievement in itself, fair play to them. I wouldn't get carried away though in terms of the WC, you could clearly see NZ ability in that second half, they peak in WC years and will put that type of performance in for 80 minutes when it really counts.

Wouldn't get carried away,!! this is Irish Rugby man. Already been declared the greatest 1st half of rugby by any irish rugby team all over social media. Never learn.

I'd like nothing more than Ireland to maintain this and have a great World Cup. But I have learnt, I've got myself excited on the chances of an Irish team going into every WC, since 2007, on the back of a media/social media frenzy 😄

Today is a great achievement but in reality we'll likely struggle again when every test nation is in peak condition, I won't get fooled by the media again but hopefully this time they'll surprise us 🙂

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on July 16, 2022, 10:30:00 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2022, 10:16:12 AM
Some begrudging c***ts on here... enjoy the f**king win ya gurning pricks...

Have no interest in irish rugby and find it mostly an irrelevance.  However it does amuse me to check in here to see the hype and how desperate some are to cling to some "historic" win which means absolutely zero in terms of winning of silverware. Its very funny.

And Cavan shit the bed at Croke, been a good year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Hoof Hearted

Need to wrap sexton in cotton wool for a year
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

snoopdog

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2022, 10:43:01 AM

Have no interest in irish rugby and find it mostly an irrelevance.  However it does amuse me to check in here to see the hype and how desperate some are to cling to some "historic" win which means absolutely zero in terms of winning of silverware. Its very funny.

They did and no doubt Ireland rugby will do the same again when it matters. Listen, I know being from Antrim you are desperate to cling to these big wins but look at history, it's repeating again.

RedHand88

I would equate it with United celebrating winning the Bangkok Challenge Cup or whatever it was called. We all know it will mean nothing when the real football starts.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on July 16, 2022, 10:52:55 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 16, 2022, 10:43:01 AM

They did and no doubt Ireland rugby will do the same again when it matters. Listen, I know being from Antrim you are desperate to cling to these big wins but look at history, it's repeating again.

We'd a great win at Croker this year, whereas Cavan shit their pants
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hound

Super win and fantastic to win the test series. Some phenomenal performances, Sam Cane was distraught.

If we keep everyone fit, and play to the best of our ability, we've still only have a 50% chance (at best) of winning the World Cup quarter-final - given the draw. And no injuries come the World Cup would be unlikely! So we should just enjoy this win and see what comes.

Anyone who calls test rugby series or test cricket series "friendlies" just don't understand the sports. But congrats for coming on a thread you know nothing about and highlighting your absolute ignorance!

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 16, 2022, 10:55:29 AM
I would equate it with United celebrating winning the Bangkok Challenge Cup or whatever it was called. We all know it will mean nothing when the real football starts.

if soccer was only played in 10 countries, this would be a good analogy

RedHand88

Quote from: Hound on July 16, 2022, 10:59:50 AM
Super win and fantastic to win the test series. Some phenomenal performances, Sam Cane was distraught.

If we keep everyone fit, and play to the best of our ability, we've still only have a 50% chance (at best) of winning the World Cup quarter-final - given the draw. And no injuries come the World Cup would be unlikely! So we should just enjoy this win and see what comes.

Anyone who calls test rugby series or test cricket series "friendlies" just don't understand the sports. But congrats for coming on a thread you know nothing about and highlighting your absolute ignorance!

I hear this over and over and over again yet I've never heard any rugby fan explain the difference.
Ireland beating Scotland in the Nations League was a bigger achievement. At least it was a competitive game.

seafoid

It's like Riscommom winning the league. Sher it's only the league. NZ are trína chéile. They need Michael Bond.

Milltown Row2

Suppose it's like winning the FA cup and hiring a bus to parade it