Derry v Cavan

Started by HiMucker, July 15, 2013, 09:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king of leon

Armagh have a decent forward line I would have thought. Monaghan not too bad on paper either.
[/quote]

Take Jamie Clarke out is Armaghs really that good. Monaghans is distinctly average IMO.

Derry have a very solid forward line with some excellent long range score takers..

tierworker blue

Quote from: J OGorman on July 15, 2013, 02:36:33 PM
Quote from: tierworker blue on July 15, 2013, 10:52:23 AM
Any word on what time the game is at yet lads? (Trying to figure out sneaking off and back to a stag in Carrick on Shannon for the match!)

5pm throw in

Cheers

Wildweasel74

Going to miss this one, had hoped 2 of the qualifiers would been on a sunday, away to bruce springsteen, damn u bruce!!

Westside

Very tough draw for Cavan, Derry will be the best team we have played this year. We're a much improved side for sure but Derry are a few levels above us. That said for the first time in years when facing into a tough game I know our lads won't roll over and allow Derry to tickle our bellies. If we give a decent showing I think we can be happy with our years work, but i'm comfortable in the knowledge that the team will believe they can beat Derry and will give it everything.

babarino

I'd expect Derry to win this one, provided no Cavan wides are given as points  ;)

mylestheslasher

Quote from: babarino on July 15, 2013, 07:04:55 PM
I'd expect Derry to win this one, provided no Cavan wides are given as points  ;)

You'd be better off wondering how to keep within 10 points of Donegal ::)

babarino

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 15, 2013, 07:38:27 PM

As the slogan says Myles, "Nothing beats being there."

I'm sure yis thought the same after winning your last Ulster title against Derry, after the wide 'point'. How much were you beaten by Kerry in the next game?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: babarino on July 15, 2013, 07:48:15 PM

I'm sure yis thought the same after winning your last Ulster title against Derry, after the wide 'point'. How much were you beaten by Kerry in the next game?

Do you really want to talk GAA history with a Cavan man?

Wildweasel74

No Myles you not old enough to discuss that , maybe with your grand father or sthing, hes sure to remember!

babarino

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 15, 2013, 07:53:41 PM

Methinks Cavan's Championship 2013 will be consigned to history in the bogside.

jodyb

Quote from: babarino on July 16, 2013, 12:16:41 AM

Perhaps not, if the rumours about PJ Mc Closkey are true. Massive loss at midfield. The difference he's made since coming back is incredible. Hope for the lads sake its not true.

tbrick18

Havent heard anything about PJ but if he's out it's a massive loss for us and the pendulum will swing well and truly towards cavan.
Derry are no great team by any means so I dont really see how anyone can be confident of a Derry win.
We are a young and improving side, but we're not good enough to be able to expect to beat anyone.
What I will say is that we are at full strength, and play the way we did against Down then we should win.

AQMP

I might be in the minority here but I've a sneaking suspicion that Cavan could shade this.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: AQMP on July 16, 2013, 09:20:12 AM
I might be in the minority here but I've a sneaking suspicion that Cavan could shade this.

+1

mylestheslasher

Quote from: babarino on July 16, 2013, 12:16:41 AM

Perhaps, it will still have been a good year for us if it is.