Mayweather v Mc Gregor

Started by Targetman, June 14, 2017, 11:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Anyone taking that s**t serious needs to take a long hard look at themselves. Phoney war of words to generate hype for a fight costing $100 on ppv.

Harold Disgracey

nrico2006

Quote from: screenexile on July 11, 2017, 11:40:19 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 11, 2017, 11:27:21 PM
That was one of the most embarrassing, cringe worthy things I've ever seen. It was also in no way surprising.

Floyd somehow got the best line in about taxing his ass.

The whole thing is ridiculous and McGregor looked the more rattled with the Mr Tapout remark... that's enough to do me until the fight I think!
Really? Mayweatger cant slag anymore. Did they not turn off McGregors Mic?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

smelmoth

Quote from: OgraAnDun on July 12, 2017, 12:03:38 AM
Quote from: screenexile on July 11, 2017, 11:40:19 PM
Quote from: gallsman on July 11, 2017, 11:27:21 PM
That was one of the most embarrassing, cringe worthy things I've ever seen. It was also in no way surprising.

Floyd somehow got the best line in about taxing his ass.

The whole thing is ridiculous and McGregor looked the more rattled with the Mr Tapout remark... that's enough to do me until the fight I think!

No doubt there will be a thoroughly spontaneous and definitely not prearranged controversy in the next press conference to arouse interest, because tonight's won't sell many PPVs.

2 pantomime artistes with a penchant for the gym.

If the sporting event stands on its own 2 feet then why is this guff even necessary?

seafoid

It is a circus

"I am honoured to be here, to give you this spectacle," McGregor said. "His little legs, his little core, his little head, I am going to knock him out inside four rounds, mark my words.

You will wave that white flag. You are going out on your face or your back. Which way do you want to go? All you need to do is show up and I will do the rest. Said Mayweather
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

naka

Joke
But hopefully the guys who spend their dough watching it enjoy it

ONeill

That was a bit of a laugh. Thought Mayweather was going to wipe his arse with the flag.

Pity McGregor didn't throw that money into the crowd.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

McGregor a little more prepared for the format this time round.  ;D Still a pile of nonsense but at least it was entertaining nonsense.
That was never a square ball!!

magpie seanie

I've no time for or interest in MMA but I can't help but admire what McGregor has done. Fair fucks to him for talking his way into this fight and whether people believe it's a joke or a certainty you can be guaranteed he'll train and prepare as hard as possible. He's not just there to take the money.....he badly wants to win and will give a genuine effort. He probably doesn't have a prayer.

Mayweather is a detestable piece of shit. A vulgar woman beating tax defaulter. People are buying into this fight in the hope than McGregor can somehow, miraculously land one of those explosive lefts on this guys and spark him out.

magpie seanie

Regarding Sonia O'Sullivan - the comments running her down are laughable but not surprising given the source. It amuses me at times that some people do not appreciate what a great she was. At her peak, she absolutely dominated women's middle distance running. She had some huge misfortune at Olympic games, illness and the obviously doped up Chinese who were never seen before or after. She still came back and won a silver in Sydney (second to another athlete with question marks over her). Not only is the by far the greatest Irish athlete of all time she's truly a great of her sport. To suggest otherwise is barstool analysis which is par for the course with that poster.

Incidentally. I saw last night that Sonia's 15 year old daughter is Australian U17 champion and she ran 2:11 for 800m in Santry last night. Apparently they are back living in Cobh and she will be representing Ireland.

johnneycool

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 13, 2017, 08:38:54 AM
I've no time for or interest in MMA but I can't help but admire what McGregor has done. Fair f**ks to him for talking his way into this fight and whether people believe it's a joke or a certainty you can be guaranteed he'll train and prepare as hard as possible. He's not just there to take the money.....he badly wants to win and will give a genuine effort. He probably doesn't have a prayer.

Mayweather is a detestable piece of shit. A vulgar woman beating tax defaulter. People are buying into this fight in the hope than McGregor can somehow, miraculously land one of those explosive lefts on this guys and spark him out.

McGregor is doing his best to wind the entire Mayweather camp up, presumably to get Jnr to come out swinging. Can't see Mayweather being foolish enough for that, but you never know.

A bit of a circus and light entertainment, but McGregor would need to be careful if he keeps with the dance for me boy line as its bordering racism.

Syferus

"I make money"

"You owe money"

First TKO goes to McGregor..

LCohen

Quote from: johnneycool on July 13, 2017, 01:36:22 PM
I've no time for or interest in MMA but I can't help but admire what McGregor has done. Fair f**ks to him for talking his way into this fight and whether people believe it's a joke or a certainty you can be guaranteed he'll train and prepare as hard as possible. He's not just there to take the money.....he badly wants to win and will give a genuine effort. He probably doesn't have a prayer.

McGregor is doing his best to wind the entire Mayweather camp up, presumably to get Jnr to come out swinging. Can't see Mayweather being foolish enough for that, but you never know.

A bit of a circus and light entertainment, but McGregor would need to be careful if he keeps with the dance for me boy line as its bordering racism.

Didn't think there was any winding up done there. Don't think either of said anything that they wouldn't have said at the earlier script meetings and dress rehearsal

JoG2

Quote from: johnneycool on July 13, 2017, 01:36:22 PM

[/b]

Wtf? Did you see the first press conference?  I suppose a man can find offence if he looks hard enough

ONeill

I've a feeling the London show will be a handlin. I'd say it'll be rough talk.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.