TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: dclane on July 08, 2017, 12:17:04 PM
GLOW is shite.

:D the spirit of Barry Norman lives on

Taylor, Power be a decent show for a couple? Mind back in the day the wife lasting 3 mins of Deadwood

JimStynes

Anyone watched El Chapo yet? Might give it a go here.

bennydorano

The latest installment of Fargo was very good, took it a while to get going. David Thewlis stole the show.

Tony Baloney

Finished Ozark last week and in the end I don't think it lived up to the promise of the earlier episodes. On the hunt for a new boxset. Started watching The Night Of until the missus said halfway through episode 1 that this is very like a show we watched on BBC years ago. Google confirmed it so it's now binned.

Main Street

The Night of is a superior production than the BBC effort and nothing you might remember from the BBC show will interfere with your enjoyment of the HBO one

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 04, 2017, 09:30:58 PM
Finished Ozark last week and in the end I don't think it lived up to the promise of the earlier episodes. On the hunt for a new boxset. Started watching The Night Of until the missus said halfway through episode 1 that this is very like a show we watched on BBC years ago. Google confirmed it so it's now binned.
I really enjoyed ozark.
Like breaking bad meets fargo.
Maybe not that original, but well executed.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

maggie

Thought Riviera was a ball of dung. Esp the ending.

bennydorano

Quote from: bennydorano on November 02, 2015, 02:30:17 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on October 30, 2015, 04:57:05 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on October 30, 2015, 03:08:49 PM
Downloaded the Boxset of 1992 from Sky Arts, an Italian Political Corruption drama, 3 (from 10) Episodes in and it's a very good show so far with plenty of potential.

Yep, good show - very cynical, quite sad.
Finished already, loved it. Start of a Trilogy apparently. Italian drama (backed by Sky £££) must be the next big thing. Gomarra Series 2 due in the Spring as well.

I've been on the look out for Romanzo Criminale for a while, Sky have had the Series 2 Boxset available for an age but no sign of Series 1.
1993 has started on Sky Arts

Main Street

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 04, 2017, 10:14:11 PM
I really enjoyed ozark.
Like breaking bad meets fargo.
Maybe not that original, but well executed.
I thought it was more, Justified meets Green Acres.

Tony Baloney

New Ray Donovan on Sky Atlantic on Wednesday.

5 Sams

Just finished it myself...thought it was brilliant from start to finish...Buddy's a legend.
The Aristocrat Years

JimStynes

Started Vikings and really enjoying it. On season 2 already. Finding it hard to remember all the characters names though.

bennydorano

Off work this week and giving Deadwood the treatment, dunno why I never bothered with it.S1 very good.

gallsman

Quote from: bennydorano on August 14, 2017, 11:09:40 PM
Off work this week and giving Deadwood the treatment, dunno why I never bothered with it.S1 very good.

Brilliant show. Up there with the Wire and Sopranos for me.

nrico2006

Quote from: JimStynes on August 14, 2017, 10:21:41 PM
Started Vikings and really enjoying it. On season 2 already. Finding it hard to remember all the characters names though.

Watched it 6 months ago, gets better as it goes on too.  Names are a nightmare alright. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'