Las Vegas

Started by new devil, October 09, 2007, 05:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

This topic has been closed for a bit but im sure i will get the necessary help im after....heading to vegas now in a few weeks with the wife,neither of us have ever been,wondering what would people recommend we see or do...is it best to book tickets in advance for shows? the grand canyon helicopter ride? Or just ask at reception for help with it all. Any particular tour operator for package i should go for regards the helicopter tour,seems to be endless options online

feel free to shoot out other ideas...restaurants,bars,attractions,golf courses  :P :-* if she would let me,would prefer to have a rough idea of what we are going to do each day

Taylor

Quote from: bigfrank on April 25, 2019, 04:03:24 PM
This topic has been closed for a bit but im sure i will get the necessary help im after....heading to vegas now in a few weeks with the wife,neither of us have ever been,wondering what would people recommend we see or do...is it best to book tickets in advance for shows? the grand canyon helicopter ride? Or just ask at reception for help with it all. Any particular tour operator for package i should go for regards the helicopter tour,seems to be endless options online

feel free to shoot out other ideas...restaurants,bars,attractions,golf courses  :P :-* if she would let me,would prefer to have a rough idea of what we are going to do each day

How long are you going for Frank?

TabClear

First problem......

bigfrank

Ohhhh i heard you loud and clear Tabclear,she will have jetlag for few days so il gamble then lol. Im there for 4/5 nights and then head on to cancun,i will likely need help and advice for it too but thats for another topic..

on google here now just searching the very obvious 'things to do in vegas',i dont think il be bored thats for sure.

Rois

Topgolf driving range can be fun even for a non-golfer - drinks at your booth etc.  I think there's also a floor with a pool.  It's at the back of MGM at the airport end of the strip.

There's a golf course out the back of the Wynn hotel - we had a really nice lunch out on the terrace (it's a dressed-up kind of place but it was lovely). 

The Hoover Dam is really boring so don't make a separate trip out of it. 

laoislad

Hoover Dam is a must imo. Loved it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

bigfrank

Im actually staying in the MGM and seen that topgolf facility on hotel website so hopefully get up to it. Also seen the Shadow Creek Golf Course in Las Vegas where tiger played phil for a million bucks online...just a cool $500 to play it if your staying in the MGM with limo transfer...anyone wanna caddy?? ::)

Rois

Quote from: laoislad on April 25, 2019, 04:57:52 PM
I must have missed something.  We stopped because we were driving past, but if I'd gone out of my way to see it, I'd have been disappointed.  Glen Canyon dam in Az much better for seeing a dam up close. 

Gmac

In Vegas right now 95 degrees today will be very hot in a few weeks ,at Mandalay Bay great for kids with all the pools

laoislad

Quote from: Rois on April 25, 2019, 05:25:54 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 25, 2019, 04:57:52 PM
I must have missed something.  We stopped because we were driving past, but if I'd gone out of my way to see it, I'd have been disappointed.  Glen Canyon dam in Az much better for seeing a dam up close.
I'm the type who could spend all day watching Extreme Engineering or How it's Made,plus I found it fascinating to see how they generate the Electricity.I thought the generator room was pretty fecking sexy to be honest!  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Rois

Said to Mr Rois this eve about it, and he did say that it would probably be more interesting for people who liked engineering. We were not those people.

Gmac, how are you enjoying MB? I admit to being disappointed by the pool because when we got there in a day 1 it was early eve and there were empty plastic glasses and bottles littered through the Lazy River. Hopefully better experience for you.

I've been there 3 times now and my favourite hotel was Trump  :-[

Gmac

It's very busy but clean more families here than single people ,the main thing in Vegas is bring a fat wallet and be prepared to spend/lose it all.

Taylor

4/5 days will go in a flash.
Few things are must do in my opinion having been there 6 times.

Shooting guns on a range
You could fly to the canyon/rim (I know it isnt the proper one) in a half day trip or if you dont want to do a half day you can fly over the strip at night.
See the Bellagio fountains
See the volcano show at the Mirage
Do the rides on top of the stratosphere
Take in a show - loads of options

Aristo 60

Quote from: Rois on April 25, 2019, 09:01:10 PM
Said to Mr Rois this eve about it, and he did say that it would probably be more interesting for people who liked engineering. We were not those people.

Gmac, how are you enjoying MB? I admit to being disappointed by the pool because when we got there in a day 1 it was early eve and there were empty plastic glasses and bottles littered through the Lazy River. Hopefully better experience for you.

I've been there 3 times now and my favourite hotel was Trump  :-[

Mr Rois has gone up in the world since I've known him but I suppose that could be said of us all  ;D

Aristo 60

ps - Excalibur all the day!