Dublin

Started by ashman, April 24, 2016, 05:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

Quote from: Rossfan on May 19, 2016, 03:11:54 PM
2003, 2005 and 2008 are not 3 years in a row ;)

Nor were they all finals

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 19, 2016, 02:53:53 PM
You're mixing up two things. The hypothesis was that Kerry value the All Irelands they have won less than one they would have won v Tyrone (or Dublin). I do not believe that to be the case, because as I've said, all they care about is celtic crosses in their arse pocket. They don't give a shite who they beat in a final, as long as they are the ones winning it.

*However* I do agree that the problems they had with Tyrone did get under their skin, no doubt about it, and the same with the current lads and Dublin. But beating them (Tyrone or Dublin) anywhere would go a long way to relieving that, it doesn't have to be an All Ireland.
Tyrone really got on their tits as the euphoria that followed a qualifier win over them recently enough showed. Gooch lost more finals than he won. Kerry are not the power they were.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

ashman

Quote from: seafoid on May 19, 2016, 09:11:27 PM
You're mixing up two things. The hypothesis was that Kerry value the All Irelands they have won less than one they would have won v Tyrone (or Dublin). I do not believe that to be the case, because as I've said, all they care about is celtic crosses in their arse pocket. They don't give a shite who they beat in a final, as long as they are the ones winning it.

*However* I do agree that the problems they had with Tyrone did get under their skin, no doubt about it, and the same with the current lads and Dublin. But beating them (Tyrone or Dublin) anywhere would go a long way to relieving that, it doesn't have to be an All Ireland.
Tyrone really got on their tits as the euphoria that followed a qualifier win over them recently enough showed. Gooch lost more finals than he won. Kerry are not the power they were.

The GAA All Ireland's are 130 years old and Kerry have won 37.  That is approx a 28% percent win rate .  Since say the millennium kerry have won 6 all Ireland from 16 which is 37% . In the last 7 years it in 2 which is 28 %.  These stats show kerry as being broadly the same over the the history of the GAA.

Your comments highlighting Gooch"s record in finals confirm your unrelenting commitment to being the sites foremost w**ker.

Dinny Breen

How did a thread about Dublin, titled Dublin, get hi-jacked by Tyronies?
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 20, 2016, 01:20:46 PM
How did a thread about Dublin, titled Dublin, get hi-jacked by Tyronies?

Did you hear Tyrone won a few AIs, Dinny?

Fuzzman

I think Canalman started the Tyrone talk
Tyrone and recently Dublin really grates with them

I don't even think Kerry would beat Dublin if they played it in Killarney now, that's how far ahead Dublin are of them.
It would be an amazing game though on a warm summer's day.

seafoid

Quote from: ashman on May 20, 2016, 02:28:54 AM

The GAA All Ireland's are 130 years old and Kerry have won 37.  That is approx a 28% percent win rate .  Since say the millennium kerry have won 6 all Ireland from 16 which is 37% . In the last 7 years it in 2 which is 28 %.  These stats show kerry as being broadly the same over the the history of the GAA.

Your comments highlighting Gooch"s record in finals confirm your unrelenting commitment to being the sites foremost w**ker.

The stats by decade show that this team has a lower strike rate than even the 60s Kerry team who won 2 out of 5 .
4 of the last few all Irelands were won beating Mayo and Cork. Since 2000 Kerry have played in 11 finals and only beaten 2 teams who have a better than 30% record in all Ireland finals. 

In previous eras they could beat anybody

ashman

Quote from: seafoid on May 20, 2016, 10:18:20 PM

The stats by decade show that this team has a lower strike rate than even the 60s Kerry team who won 2 out of 5 .
4 of the last few all Irelands were won beating Mayo and Cork. Since 2000 Kerry have played in 11 finals and only beaten 2 teams who have a better than 30% record in all Ireland finals. 

Not so

in the forties Cavan beat them and they came back and won AIs
In the sixties galway and down but they came back
In the seventies Dublin and came back and won more
In the eighties and early nineties cork and they came back
In the noughties Tyrone (3) and armagh (1) but they came back and won AIs .

The current dublin dominance could well be permanent as every metric is now loaded in Dublin's favour but even if this is the case I suspect it will probably be kerry leading the chase .

seafoid

Quote from: ashman on May 21, 2016, 01:09:52 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 20, 2016, 10:18:20 PM

Not so

in the forties Cavan beat them and they came back and won AIs
In the sixties galway and down but they came back
In the seventies Dublin and came back and won more
In the eighties and early nineties cork and they came back
In the noughties Tyrone (3) and armagh (1) but they came back and won AIs .

The current dublin dominance could well be permanent as every metric is now loaded in Dublin's favour but even if this is the case I suspect it will probably be kerry leading the chase .
The Dubs will fade out like they always do.
But Kerry didn't beat Tyrone or Dublin in 4 finals and that is unusual imo

Maybe the minor generation will be different.
I wonder have the qualifiers had an influence.
Or it could be the Ulster thing with the end of the troubles.

Armagh and Tyrone won 3 all Irelands off them
Down never had a problem beating them in all Irelands either

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: ashman on April 24, 2016, 05:17:08 PM
In 2011 and 2013 they All Ireland marginally.

The last 2 years they are on a different planet physically to all teams .

Is the sport of inter county football sustainable if this continues .  Many will say it is a phase but I am certain it is not as the dice is totally loaded in their favour :

- financial power
-  population
-  rural depopulation and urban growth
-  ultra modern infrastructure.
-   A pile of super clubs.
-   Massive GAA funds pumped in .

Attendances will drop this year and it is really hard to drum up any enthusiasm for the summer ahead.

Any views??

Dublin Minors were hammered by Meath on Saturday and are out of the Leinster Champiionship. The second year in a row Dublin have not even reached a Leinster Final at this grade. Dublin's abysmal minor record of 1 All Ireland in 30 odd years looks like extending further. Not exactly the form of a County who are going to ruin Gaelic Football for everyone by winning every All Ireland for the next 20 years?

Then again maybe Dublin are losing these matches on purpose to shut up "screaming Marys" like yourself.