FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 05, 2019, 01:18:19 PM
Aaron Connolly scored for Brighton a while ago. He's very direct, will likely be in next Ireland Senior Squad.

Spurs in free fall.
Second was a beauty. He should be immediately called up for the Georgia/Switz games. U21s actually have a 3 or 4 other strikers with loads of potential too, so no harm to take him out of that squad. But senior team has to take priority

Ed Ricketts

If Connolly is moved up he has to be given significant gametime. That's the only scenario in which depriving the U21s of his services can be justified. They have a pretty much unprecedented shot at qualifying for a tournament, with the crunch match against Italy up next. It would be such a pity weaken the U21s chances only so that Connolly gets 5 or 10 minutes of chasing long balls at the end of a senior match.

Four goals from Irish lads in the PL today. Been a while since that happened I'd say.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

GalwayBayBoy

Connolly's goals were almost as good as his hybrid Galway/English/Dutch accent.

BennyCake

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 05, 2019, 05:41:28 PM

Eh? Is he David Connolly's son?

laoislad

Just watched the highlights on YouTube. His second goal is a cracker.
Some good talent coming through.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: BennyCake on October 05, 2019, 06:03:19 PM

No he's from Galway but he's picked up a definite English twang.

Itchy

Good day for Ireland in premier league. 4 scorers, good lot of game time for our players and declan rice gives away a penalty and eventually loses to crystal palace.

lurganblue

Connolly brought into the squad then. That's one thing, another is actually playing him.

Boycey

I'm thrilled that Declan Rice lost  ::)

Listening to Newstalk a while this afternoon they were talking about Connolly like he was the second coming, Jaysis we love to load the pressure on...

Itchy

Quote from: lurganblue on October 05, 2019, 09:11:02 PM
Connolly brought into the squad then. That's one thing, another is actually playing him.

Its weak management in my opinion. I assume he has watched Connolly more than any of us. He scores two goals and that forces a total u turn on his original call.

BennyCake

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 05, 2019, 06:53:59 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on October 05, 2019, 06:03:19 PM

No he's from Galway but he's picked up a definite English twang.

Reminded me of this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jYXWzP-GuUc

macdanger2

Quote from: Itchy on October 05, 2019, 10:50:10 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on October 05, 2019, 09:11:02 PM

Its weak management in my opinion. I assume he has watched Connolly more than any of us. He scores two goals and that forces a total u turn on his original call.

It's also on the back of ronan Curtis getting injured tbf. If he's going to be playing first team club in the next few months, it's no harm having him around the squad for these couple of games

rodney trotter

McGoldrick is injured too. Connolly will be a big loss for the U21s. They  are playing Italy on Thursday. They have never qualified for the European u21 championship before, but started this campaign well

Capt Pat

I thought Mick MacArthy might have called up James MacArthy who started for Crystal Palace after coming back after injury yesterday.