Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 14, 2018, 10:47:33 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on June 14, 2018, 04:32:32 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on June 14, 2018, 02:19:58 PM
Martial is not good enough to start for united - even on his best days, which I struggle to recall many of - he is not better than decent at the level United want to compete at. Solid squad player if he would apply himself but he won't because he drops his head at every obstacle. Good riddance and a perfect make weight in any deal for Bale would make sense though can't see Madrid being that soft.

Rashford is not a pile better except that his attitude is generally spot on. If he wasn't a local lad i'm not sure there'd be anything near as much support for him. At this stage of his development he is a back up striker / left sided attacker for any team challenging for a title. Hopefully by the time he's 25 he will be capable of leading the attack but i'm not convinced.

This time last year how did you rate Mo Salah?

Tell me who United should get to replace Martial and/or Rashford?

I already did in the post you replied to. Not sure why you think i'm advocating getting rid of Rashford - just that sulky French "give the ball away at every turn" merchant

This is a very weird take on Martial.

DuffleKing

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 14, 2018, 08:54:07 AM
Completely disagree that he lacks the drive/will to win. He was publicly criticised by his manager and responded admirably only to be sidelined for no reason.

Pretty much everything I predicted (and was told I was mad) when Mourinho was appointed is coming to pass. Rashford very unhappy too and contemplating leaving (club preparing a big deal to try and keep him as they're also doing with Martial). DeGea - doesn't look good on that front either. It's depressing but predictable......people don't want to play for this dinosaur. Just a shame some united fans cannot see it.

My earnest hope was that he'd be sacked before he did irreparable damage like losing Martial and Rashford. A big summer ahead. I just hope United can hold on to them over the summer so they're still there when Jose gets sacked in October/November.

Where do you get this stuff from?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/david-de-gea-manchester-united-14790069

magpie seanie

Quote from: DuffleKing on June 15, 2018, 05:26:26 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on June 14, 2018, 08:54:07 AM
Completely disagree that he lacks the drive/will to win. He was publicly criticised by his manager and responded admirably only to be sidelined for no reason.

Pretty much everything I predicted (and was told I was mad) when Mourinho was appointed is coming to pass. Rashford very unhappy too and contemplating leaving (club preparing a big deal to try and keep him as they're also doing with Martial). DeGea - doesn't look good on that front either. It's depressing but predictable......people don't want to play for this dinosaur. Just a shame some united fans cannot see it.

My earnest hope was that he'd be sacked before he did irreparable damage like losing Martial and Rashford. A big summer ahead. I just hope United can hold on to them over the summer so they're still there when Jose gets sacked in October/November.

Where do you get this stuff from?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/david-de-gea-manchester-united-14790069

Did you read the article? DeGea left his options open when asked a direct question. Rashford has expressed his dissatisfaction on numberous occasions. United's response is to give them more money to stay which I hope works. But if you think all is rosy in the camp you're more deluded than most.

DuffleKing

Post up a link there to where Rashford has expressed his dissatisfaction...

Maroon Manc

De Gea will only leave for Real Madrid and looks like their in for the Brazilian keeper.

magpie seanie

Hound

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 18, 2018, 11:01:48 AM
De Gea will only leave for Real Madrid and looks like their in for the Brazilian keeper.
His howler came in the absolute perfect match from a ManU perspective.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Hound on June 18, 2018, 01:50:59 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 18, 2018, 11:01:48 AM
His howler came in the absolute perfect match from a ManU perspective.

Sure did

Dinny Breen

if De Gea has any ambition he should leave for a bigger club.
#newbridgeornowhere

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 18, 2018, 02:59:13 PM

Know you're only fishing but there aren't many "bigger" by any measure. If you said something about "in contention for the major prizes" it might resonate more.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 18, 2018, 03:10:08 PM

Know you're only fishing but there aren't many "bigger" by any measure. If you said something about "in contention for the major prizes" it might resonate more.

Tongue in cheek of course but United these days are only big commercially, they are not UCL or EPL contenders, 5 years since EPL and 10 years since UCL.
#newbridgeornowhere

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 18, 2018, 03:18:21 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on June 18, 2018, 03:10:08 PM

Tongue in cheek of course but United these days are only big commercially, they are not UCL or EPL contenders, 5 years since EPL and 10 years since UCL.

Did you not hear though....it's all going to come together next season.  ;D

Rawhide

For the first time since Ferguson left, Utd are in a position to genuinely see themselves as serious premiership contenders, thanks to the leadership and ambition of Jose.
cccc is a true supporter lol

DuffleKing

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 18, 2018, 12:21:20 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on June 17, 2018, 06:58:50 AM

Post up a link there to where Rashford has expressed his dissatisfaction...

Quotehttps://metro.co.uk/2018/05/13/manchester-united-board-forced-into-action-after-marcus-rashford-tells-teammates-hes-unhappy-7541350/

You were a bit rude so an apology would be in order.

Sure that's a clickbate article with not substance whatsoever. Apparently he told his cousin's friend's hamster.  ::)

mrdeeds

Quote from: Rawhide on June 18, 2018, 04:10:42 PM
For the first time since Ferguson left, Utd are in a position to genuinely see themselves as serious premiership contenders, thanks to the leadership and ambition of Jose.

That sounds like a quote from 1984.