China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Some head doc on the radio was saying most of the people in ICU are under 70
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

Have you a link Milly??

What's the big deal with someone under 20 heading to hospital with covid related symptoms??

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 18, 2021, 10:08:43 PM
Have you a link Milly??

What's the big deal with someone under 20 heading to hospital with covid related symptoms??

Was on radio five live, around 5.30 or just before. I'm sure it'll be on some playback miffy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on February 18, 2021, 03:46:38 PM
Could ye  ot  all just act like adults for another  6 ir 8 weeks?

It seems our 2 resident virologists got it wrong again
https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/health/37-children-under-the-age-of-12-hospitalised-with-covid-over-past-fortnight-40106003.html

Could you try and act like an adult for one day in your life?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 18, 2021, 07:48:03 PM

Average age of those in ICU in the UK was 59 in the first big wave last year, and about 60 during this wave.

ICU beds are given to those who are likely to benefit most - typically younger patients. The vast majority of these individuals survive. However, the pressures on the system, along with various pragmatic considerations, mean a lot of the over-80s dying from Covid never see the inside of an ICU unit.

Younger Covid survivors that end up in ICU do not contribute to the death stats, but it is the resources channelled into saving the lives of these people that have the hospitals bunged to the stage that the health service no longer functions. This point is usually ignored by those whose viewpoint seems to be informed exclusively by death stats.

It's also important to note that many of these hospital bunging survivors are from groups that will not be offered a vaccine for many months yet - a reason for patience.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

Angelo

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on February 18, 2021, 10:32:47 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 18, 2021, 07:48:03 PM

Average age of those in ICU in the UK was 59 in the first big wave last year, and about 60 during this wave.

ICU beds are given to those who are likely to benefit most - typically younger patients. The vast majority of these individuals survive. However, the pressures on the system, along with various pragmatic considerations, mean a lot of the over-80s dying from Covid never see the inside of an ICU unit.

Younger Covid survivors that end up in ICU do not contribute to the death stats, but it is the resources channelled into saving the lives of these people that have the hospitals bunged to the stage that the health service no longer functions. This point is usually ignored by those whose viewpoint seems to be informed exclusively by death stats.

It's also important to note that many of these hospital bunging survivors are from groups that will not be offered a vaccine for many months yet - a reason for patience.

In reference to the over 80s, maybe someone will have an answer on this.

What % of nursing home patients ever make it to ICU before they die? I'm not just talking about Covid here, I'm talking about any ailment.

Milltown Row2

Well you said they'll be dead before the years out. So don't bother sending them

seafoid

https://mobile.twitter.com/justeconomics/status/1356591260648300545

Most Covid cases are in younger age groups while most death is in old people, having been infected mainly by younger people. This should have been called out by NPHET and govt a long time ago.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IrishDataViz/status/1355799228501651459
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Smurfy123

Milly what's your thoughts on the extended lockdown?

Strange classes to bring back

Making it up as they go along?

2 house holds with 10 or less can meet up from March 8 but 2 households with 4 can't meet up for a game of golf?

I can meet 9 others from another house and walk the golf course but can't meet 3 others and play?

themac_23

Quote from: seafoid on February 19, 2021, 07:13:43 AM

Most Covid cases are in younger age groups while most death is in old people, having been infected mainly by younger people. This should have been called out by NPHET and govt a long time ago.

Just a question, how can this be proven? Especially given that a high number of older people who got the virus was in either a care home or hospital? I'm not defending the actions of younger people who a lot of the time have had W reckless actions but the line I've highlighted seems very much a case of blame young people to deflect from other areas

Angelo

Quote from: themac_23 on February 19, 2021, 07:48:13 AM
Quote from: seafoid on February 19, 2021, 07:13:43 AM

Just a question, how can this be proven? Especially given that a high number of older people who got the virus was in either a care home or hospital? I'm not defending the actions of younger people who a lot of the time have had W reckless actions but the line I've highlighted seems very much a case of blame young people to deflect from other areas

Seafood talking through his arse as usual.

dublin7

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 19, 2021, 07:41:35 AM

2 house holds with 10 or less can meet up from March 8 but 2 households with 4 can't meet up for a game of golf?

I can meet 9 others from another house and walk the golf course but can't meet 3 others and play?

It's not so much the kids going back to school, but the mass movement around it. With the more contagious UK variant the government are trying to be careful not opening up too quickly given the Covid disaster that was Christmas.

The same applies to Golf, GAA etc. Each on their own could be considered ok, but opening a load of little things can lead to big issues

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 19, 2021, 07:41:35 AM

For starters you don't know 9 people so that hasn't any effect on you anyways

Making it up from the start, not one poster will say any different

Why open up when we have people getting infected at the rate we have and hospital admissions still high and ICU units being filled? lets get single digit figures and more people vaccinated..

JoG2

Milltown's Milly Millhouse!  :D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on February 19, 2021, 09:41:05 AM
Milltown's Milly Millhouse!  :D

I'm scundered for him to be fair