The Christmas Thread

Started by Square Ball, October 15, 2007, 01:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Yes its here and it isnt even Holloween yet!!  :(

Was in Tescos and Home base this morning and they are both putting up their Christmas decorations, Dunnes and a few others have the selection boxs out already.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

The Real Laoislad

Square Ball delete this thread now please it's toooooooooooooooooooooooooo early
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

I can hear Wizzard in the distance, the sound of sleigh bells, and only 70 days to go!!!!!

The Real Laoislad

The thing i hate most about Christmas is that every year i get that same dreaded question of "Well are ye gonna get engaged for Christmas"
I reckon i'll hear it at least 500 times before Christmas...then it will be asked about New Years  :(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 15, 2007, 02:10:17 PM
The thing i hate most about Christmas is that every year i get that same dreaded question of "Well are ye gonna get engaged for Christmas"
I reckon i'll hear it at least 500 times before Christmas...then it will be asked about New Years  :(
Just do it ,get engaged for Christmas but only for  the Christmas Week :)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Bensars

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 15, 2007, 02:10:17 PM

LaoisLad thenext one , once you get engaged will be " It wont be long now". If you had a pound for every time you hear it , it will pay for the wedding itself.

Then once youre married it becomes " well , any babies yet ?"

Square Ball

An engagement is for life, not just for Christmas 

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

full back

stpauls

i have had it worse, i am engaged to be married next year, and last week we were at her brother's wedding. but nearly every person kept saying 'your next, your next'. it got to the point were i felt like putting a sign round my head with 'Yes, I know' on it just to get them to leave me alone!!

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Bensars

Quote from: stpauls on October 15, 2007, 02:33:25 PM
i have had it worse, i am engaged to be married next year, and last week we were at her brother's wedding. but nearly every person kept saying 'your next, your next'. it got to the point were i felt like putting a sign round my head with 'Yes, I know' on it just to get them to leave me alone!!

You should have brought yer dog to ward them off !!

stpauls

very good bensars, very funny!! but i have been told i actually look like jerzy dudek!!

Puckoon

Theres questions for everything, it goes in order:
1. Well when are you going to make an honest woman of that girl?
2. Congratulations, have you set a date yet?
3. Ack, sure its not long now - are you nervous yet? (which you're not, but you feel like you should be cos everyone keeps asking you)
4. Ack sure you both look lovely - great day, the band was fantastic - thinking of babies soon?
5. Well - do you know if its a boy or a girl? Its a girl? Ack really? Did you find out? Ack I wouldnt have found out myself, I like a bit of a surprise! >:(

6. Wheres the wife - I havnt seen her about in a great while now. ::) ;)

PS - Delete this thread.

Square Ball

Right

by popular demand, and the fact that its now a engagement/wedding up a duff thread I will lock it later on, and re start it closer to the date