Conan Grugan
Declan McClure
Niall Sludden
Ronan O'Neill
Conal McCann
Darren McCurry
Peter Harte
Cathal McShane

Really thought Coney had done  enough to get the nod......

Near certain he looked to be limping in final stages of the game v Derry

deadman

Any ideas on who will be in the number 16 jersey? Left blank in the team sheet, Benny Gallen on Sigerson duties with UU

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

southtyronegael

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: deadman on January 18, 2019, 03:51:20 PM
Any ideas on who will be in the number 16 jersey? Left blank in the team sheet, Benny Gallen on Sigerson duties with UU
Peter Donnelly

Therealdonald

Eastie

Another one for mickey, successful season then?  ;)  Armagh starting the handbags, usual old shit. Though Tiarnan McCann and Sludden were class, don't think McCann gets enough credit, although for Conall his days may be numbered, as so for his mate Salt Bae O'Neill. You have to wonder if McCrory was from somewhere else, and did McCurry deserve man of the match?

omagh_gael

Yeah, you'd have to imagine that Conal and Ronan O'Neill's places on the panel are under major threat. Especially the latter. He's played in all McKenna cup games and from memory I can think of one score from play.

Sludden and Tiarnan were very impressive last night although McCurry's free taking was very assured and they really were the winning of the game.

Good to see him and Petey in good form regarding free kicks. Still a bit dodgy from frees on the left side. Happy to see Morgan hitting that tricky one last night. Imo, he should be hitting all 50/50 frees from between 35-45 metres on the left side.

inroundthesquare

Is Mickey making a cut then this week for the league? Just throwing out a list of potential candidates for the chop:
Matthew Murnaghan
Liam Rafferty
Aidy McCrory
Ben McDonnell
Ryan Gray
Ruairi Sludden
Ciaran McLaughlin
Darragh Canavan
Ronan O'Neill
Michael Cassidy
Conall McCann

I'd imagine from the newcomers/returnees this year - Kennedy, Grugan, Gallen, Coney and McCurry will all keep their place.

From the above list - Murnaghan and Gray will be gone more than likely (still under 20s), Sludden maybe too, O'Neill as well, hard to know about the Errigal lads - personally I would keep Canavan and get rid of McDonnell & McCrory.
Rafferty has done enough to stay, not convinced by McLaughlin as county level, Conall McCann & Cassidy will stay too I think.

In hiding

Quote from: inroundthesquare on January 20, 2019, 02:01:26 PM
Is Mickey making a cut then this week for the league? Just throwing out a list of potential candidates for the chop:
Matthew Murnaghan
Liam Rafferty
Aidy McCrory
Ben McDonnell
Ryan Gray
Ruairi Sludden
Ciaran McLaughlin
Darragh Canavan
Ronan O'Neill
Michael Cassidy
Conall McCann

I'd imagine from the newcomers/returnees this year - Kennedy, Grugan, Gallen, Coney and McCurry will all keep their place.

From the above list - Murnaghan and Gray will be gone more than likely (still under 20s), Sludden maybe too, O'Neill as well, hard to know about the Errigal lads - personally I would keep Canavan and get rid of McDonnell & McCrory.
Rafferty has done enough to stay, not convinced by McLaughlin as county level, Conall McCann & Cassidy will stay too I think.

I don't think either Mc Donnell or Mc Laughlin will be cut, Both have the raw materials to be good county footballers.

GaelTheGael

Quote from: In hiding on January 20, 2019, 02:11:07 PM
Matthew Murnaghan
Liam Rafferty
Aidy McCrory
Ben McDonnell
Ryan Gray
Ruairi Sludden
Ciaran McLaughlin
Darragh Canavan
Ronan O'Neill
Michael Cassidy
Conall McCann

I don't think either Mc Donnell or Mc Laughlin will be cut, Both have the raw materials to be good county footballers.
Ronan McHugh and Brendan Burns prime candidate to be let go with both having long term injuries.

Eastie

Quote from: GaelTheGael on January 20, 2019, 02:24:58 PM
Quote from: In hiding on January 20, 2019, 02:11:07 PM
Matthew Murnaghan
Liam Rafferty
Aidy McCrory
Ben McDonnell
Ryan Gray
Ruairi Sludden
Ciaran McLaughlin
Darragh Canavan
Ronan O'Neill
Michael Cassidy
Conall McCann

Ronan McHugh and Brendan Burns prime candidate to be let go with both having long term injuries.
A few men will be disappointed anyway. I would think the under 20s should drop down but I think Harte would like to keep Canavan, Gray doesn't have 20s to fall back on. Throughout I thought Rafferty, Cassidy and Sludden tried hard, Co Grugan is another man that impressed me, better than McClure.

Carmen Stateside

Why would Rafferty get the chop? Personally thought he was one of the better performers over the course of Mc Kenna cup

Carmen Stateside

Matthew Murnaghan
Liam Rafferty
Aidy McCrory
Ben McDonnell
Ryan Gray
Ruairi Sludden
Ciaran McLaughlin
Darragh Canavan
Ronan O'Neill
Michael Cassidy
Conall McCann

Sorry misread this.

Under Lights

Any word of the final league panel?