The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 10, 2019, 12:14:07 PM
Absolute joke of a decision to allow that goal.

Yep.

I would question why they allowed three Burnley players to crowd Allisson, even if they hadn't fouled him.

J70

Much better. City-style goal with nice wide play to give Firmino a tap-in.

And helped just a little by Burnley keeper and defender getting in each other's way!

JoG2

Liverpool need an on fire Firmino in the run in. Seems up for it today. Super player

laoislad

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on March 10, 2019, 12:14:07 PM
Absolute joke of a decision to allow that goal.
Sure apparently  Liverpool get all the decisions.....
Great comeback anyways. Think we may need another goal to be sure
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Nervy minute or so at the end. Good response after that early burnley goal which was a diabolical decision

Capt Pat

Just saw the first city goal on motd2. What was the ref thinking? There was no decision to be made. That could end up costing Liverpool the title.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 10, 2019, 11:28:17 PM
Just saw the first city goal on motd2. What was the ref thinking? There was no decision to be made. That could end up costing Liverpool the title.

City won 3-1. No goal given that's still a 2-1 win
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Good win yesterday to keep in touch with City. Fabinho continues to impress. Hope TAA just has a niggle as we will need him against BM. Should really have scored about six or seven, Burnley were all over the shop at the back. Salah had a good assist yesterday and very busy but very few things going right for him at the minute in terms of his touch, passing and finishing. I think he was looking a penalty just before the Mane 1st goal. I may be being unfair if he just went over in the (fair) tackle, but it looked a bit theatrical. 

Carmen Stateside

Comfortable enough win which was needed with a big game wednesday.  Agree about Fabinho, he's been excellent since the turn of the year.  Lallana also had a good game despite my thoughts about him beforehand.  Provided energy which the others seem to feed off.
Having watched most of the top six over the weekend, the gulf between the top 2 and the rest is massive.

laoislad

City may have went on to win anyway,  but they may not have either.That goal changed the game completely,  City's second goal was a direct result of the first been given as Watford were still all over the place from it.
Been a bad week for officials giving goals and penalties that shouldn't have been. The first Burnley goal was another joke of a goal yesterday.

TabClear

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2019/03/11/sean-dyche-has-cheek-to-be-angry-with-referee-after-liverpool-loss/

While Dyche might be suffering from selective amnesia he has a point on the Firmino "handball". I thought that at the time (I was actually raging at Firmino because I thought there was an opportunity to break)!  ;D Ref definitely had not blown when Bobby caught the ball.

J70

Quote from: TabClear on March 11, 2019, 07:47:02 AM
Good win yesterday to keep in touch with City. Fabinho continues to impress. Hope TAA just has a niggle as we will need him against BM. Should really have scored about six or seven, Burnley were all over the shop at the back. Salah had a good assist yesterday and very busy but very few things going right for him at the minute in terms of his touch, passing and finishing. I think he was looking a penalty just before the Mane 1st goal. I may be being unfair if he just went over in the (fair) tackle, but it looked a bit theatrical.

You're being unfair. It was a good tackle and not a penalty, but the defender cleaned Salah out of it in the follow through.

The one for Firmino's second goal would have been interesting if Firmino hadn't scored from the loose ball. Didn't look too clean to me in terms of getting the ball.

But thankfully it didn't matter.

I thought Salah had a good game overall.

David McKeown

Quote from: laoislad on March 11, 2019, 08:03:06 AM
City may have went on to win anyway,  but they may not have either.That goal changed the game completely,  City's second goal was a direct result of the first been given as Watford were still all over the place from it.
Been a bad week for officials giving goals and penalties that shouldn't have been. The first Burnley goal was another joke of a goal yesterday.

Apart from the fact that it was the correct decision based on the current stupid interpretation of the rules. Sterling doesn't interfere with play (as defined in the rules) until the defender deliberately plays the ball. At that stage the deliberate playing of the ball renders Sterling offside. Don't get me wrong I 100% agree it should be offside all day long I just think by the rules the referee was correct.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

laoislad

Quote from: David McKeown on March 11, 2019, 11:51:53 AM
Quote from: laoislad on March 11, 2019, 08:03:06 AM

Apart from the fact that it was the correct decision based on the current stupid interpretation of the rules. Sterling doesn't interfere with play (as defined in the rules) until the defender deliberately plays the ball. At that stage the deliberate playing of the ball renders Sterling offside. Don't get me wrong I 100% agree it should be offside all day long I just think by the rules the referee was correct.
Funny then how former referees have said it was offside. Pep admitted it was offside. Sterling himself has said he got lucky, the MoTD panel all agree it was offside and the wrong call was made.
You know better though.

Boycey

Pep didn't say it was offside? He said he didn't know that  some refs say it is some say and some say not. Mark Halsey who has been in the papers about it obviously has an agenda as he's trying to keep himself in the public eye and the MOTD panel are as qualified as the rest of us  :).

There does seem to be confusion un what is considered as being 'active' countless times I've seen defenders play balls that they don't have because they  can't take the chance of letting it go and the lino not putting his flag up and more often than not the striker is then allowed play on. 

Just to clarify, for me definitely offside but it seems it's not cut and dried.