Author Topic: Down Club Hurling & Football  (Read 3857522 times)

outinfront

• An Bhréadach Abú
    • View Profile
Re: Down Club Hurling & Football
« Reply #28650 on: September 15, 2017, 09:32:00 AM »
Was the JFC semi final last night?

DownFanatic

• Floreat Dunum
    • View Profile
« Reply #28651 on: September 15, 2017, 09:35:37 AM »
Was the JFC semi final last night?

Dundrum 0-12 Kilclief 0-09

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #28652 on: September 16, 2017, 07:09:56 PM »
The Down Senior Championship is now turning into a snoozefeast with Kilcoo just cruising into the final  last without getting out of first gear.Burren also into the final which was pretty predictable.This two are ahead of the rest with Clonduff and Mayobridge the only other teams that showed a bit of pedigree this year.Crap teams playing each other makes for tight games but the results in the 2 semi finals shows how poor them teams are.I expect Kilcoo to win the final but to be pushed all the way.Burren have improved from last year but will it be evough.

Leftmidfield

• View Profile
« Reply #28653 on: September 16, 2017, 07:58:10 PM »
The Down Senior Championship is now turning into a snoozefeast with Kilcoo just cruising into the final  last without getting out of first gear.Burren also into the final which was pretty predictable.This two are ahead of the rest with Clonduff and Mayobridge the only other teams that showed a bit of pedigree this year.Crap teams playing each other makes for tight games but the results in the 2 semi finals shows how poor them teams are.I expect Kilcoo to win the final but to be pushed all the way.Burren have improved from last year but will it be evough.
I agree. Burren and Kilcoo streets ahead. The likes of CPN who are currently 2nd in the league are in a false position

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #28654 on: September 16, 2017, 08:09:58 PM »
CPN Ballyholland Downpatrick Castlewellan Bryansford all good league teams but have not shown anything in championship football this past 15 years.Im maybe a bit harsh on Downpatrick who are only back in division 1 this year.Clonduff can normally mix it with the big teams and Mayobridge are never far away

whitegoodman

• View Profile
« Reply #28655 on: September 16, 2017, 09:06:16 PM »

I would say Burren have regressed significantly in the last 2 - 3 years and wouldn't give them a prayer in the final.  Says a lot about the standard of club football in down.

Smurfy123

• View Profile
« Reply #28656 on: September 16, 2017, 09:11:59 PM »
In what way whitegoodman?
Look at the players they have?
McGovern x2
Toner x2
O Hare
McArdle
McKernan
Murdock x2
Rooney
Trainor
McKay
Add in a few of them young lads unsure of names
On paper quality all over that

whitegoodman

• View Profile
« Reply #28657 on: September 16, 2017, 09:30:27 PM »
All of them lads have been around each of the last 4 years when they have come well short against Kilcoo.

They haven't had to play well to reach the final and I havent been impressed with them all year.

downjim

• View Profile
« Reply #28658 on: September 18, 2017, 08:05:47 PM »
The only real championship game was Burren v Bridge in QF. The rest have been shite and a rip off for paying fans.