Hogan Cup Final 2011 - St Colmans College, Newry (Down) v St Jarlaths, Tuam, (Ga

Started by Brick Tamlin, April 06, 2011, 04:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brick Tamlin

Lets not go there again, its a Down school but has been a nursery for some excellent Armagh & Down footballers through the years. No hijacking the thread or going off topic. Lets not have any Armagh-Down arguments in here.

If Colmans dont play to their potential they will lose i think, they need to play consistently and when they have their purple patch they will need to make it count.

Hallowed_Hands

Pauld relax... I really should know better and I really do. Nothing like a touch of controversy and argument in the lead up to a big game  ;)
Quote from: PAULD123 on April 07, 2011, 08:47:50 AM
Quote from: Hallowed_Hands on April 06, 2011, 11:59:40 PM
...Just in case they need any extra motivation; Have a look-see at what young Mr. Mooney has to say about the rest of the challengers to their title! http://vimeo.com/21165985

There is nothing wrong with what he says, it is said moments after coming through victorious over a tough opponent. It is clearly said as a mark of respect to Dungannon and not a slight on St Jarlath's, who he didn't even know they would be facing. It is obviously an issue of praise to Dungannon where he is effectively saying that they are so good it is hard to imagine anyone being better, he is just giving Dungannon credit. Caolan was in a moment of victory and had that natural feeling of invincibility that comes with winning against such a good team as Dungannon.

You are taking it totally out of context and you really should know better. If he had made the comments this week then fair enough, but I am sure this week he would be saying that he recognises that it will be a tough test and they will need to be at their best to win.

Pauld relax... I really should know better and I really do. Nothing like a touch of controversy and argument in the lead up to a big game  ;)

PAULD123

PAULD123

Quote from: Hallowed_Hands on April 07, 2011, 11:08:19 AM
Quote from: PAULD123 on April 07, 2011, 08:47:50 AM
Quote from: Hallowed_Hands on April 06, 2011, 11:59:40 PM
...Just in case they need any extra motivation; Have a look-see at what young Mr. Mooney has to say about the rest of the challengers to their title! http://vimeo.com/21165985

You are taking it totally out of context and you really should know better. If he had made the comments this week then fair enough, but I am sure this week he would be saying that he recognises that it will be a tough test and they will need to be at their best to win.

Good enough, I like a bit of a wind up myself, just have a look at some of the Armagh forums.

Donegal Danny

Does anyone remember the 1993 Hogan Cup Final between these two colleges? Played in Longford, i was at it because there was a couple of lads from Letterkenny playing for Jarlaths. It was the first time i saw Michael Donnellan and Padraic Joyce playing. Donnellan got a great goal after half time to put Jarlaths 4 up but a wonder goal from Diarmuid Marsden late on won it for Colmans. A lad called Mark Rowland i think was captain and MOTM for Colman's.

armaghniac

QuoteViolet Hill
46 Armagh Road
Newry
Co. Down
BT35 6PP
Northern Ireland

so the postal address is the thing then is it?

are yous claiming this one too?

St Joseph's High School - Crossmaglen
77 Dundalk Road,
Crossmaglen,
Newry,
Co. Down
BT35 9HP

If a place is in a county then it shouldn't matter where the post office is!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

snoopdog

Quote from: armaghniac on April 07, 2011, 12:22:33 PM
QuoteViolet Hill
46 Armagh Road
Newry
Co. Down
BT35 6PP
Northern Ireland

so the postal address is the thing then is it?

are yous claiming this one too?

St Joseph's High School - Crossmaglen
77 Dundalk Road,
Crossmaglen,
Newry,
Co. Down
BT35 9HP

If a place is in a county then it shouldn't matter where the post office is!

No success of your own and your still trying to hang on to Downs coattails.
St Colmans is a Co Down school, do a quick look at the history of the college.
Red and Black through and Through.

On the above nah you can keep crossmaglen.

spuds

Since the border weaves in and out up them parts would m/any students from 26 be in school in St Colemans and m/any from black north be in Dundalk schools etc ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

The Worker

can you change the title of this thread to reflect the geographical county of st colmans please?

Brick Tamlin

Ah would yiz f**k away aff.

In 1993 Mark Rowland was the captain and MOTM in the final, was from Antrim as far as i know.

Donegal Danny

Don't think Mark Roland was from Antrim,  big Ronan Hamill was full back and he was from Antrim. Jesus i have some memory and i wasn't even supporting Colmans. What about Des French from Whitecross another man on the Colmans team. James Byrne from Lurgan another on that team.

Down Follower

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 07, 2011, 01:44:33 PM
Ah would yiz f**k away aff.

In 1993 Mark Rowland was the captain and MOTM in the final, was from Antrim as far as i know.

Mark Rowland was from Rostrevor, Co. Down and formed an all Rostrevor half back line which included Finbar Caulfield and Gary Farrell.  All 3 went on to represent Down at senior level although Finbar Caulflield was the one who played most and longest for the County out of the 3.

Mark played for Rostrevor up to 1999 i believe and won the Down Senior Championship with them in 1998.

Brick Tamlin

NP 76

PAULD123

Mark Rowland probably could have played a lot more for Down but he had bad injuries. He had lost of skill and looked a real prospect.