Derry V Carlow

Started by tonesfirstandlast, June 14, 2010, 10:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Derry could be in bother. Carlow going better coming up to the half.

dubai2000

is game on any radio stations??

offtheground

Just heard correction on rte rad 1, P Brad not on bench..
Skinner got the Derry goal btw

EDIT.. more confusion! Des Cahill just answered a texter asking if Bradley was on bench saying he was.....

omagh_gael

Carmen Stateside

Ledger seems to be a handful.

Carmen Stateside

Derry seem to be home and dry now.  Better second half.

Carmen Stateside

Holy shit spoke to soon!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Estimator

Ulster League Champions 2009

Bogball XV

It was never game on, no matter what it might have sounded like on the radio, I never felt that there was the slightest danger of an upset, the whole game was played at a fairly lackadasical pace, anytime carlow got a bit closer, derry pushed on.  Won't have told us anything imo, we'll have to up our game massively if we're to make an impression this year, i don't know that we're capable of doing that, but if we draw anyone but Cork next time round we can progress to the next stage.

stevecw

Overall it was a poor game in the end. Carlow actually surprised me, they played with a lot of heart and gave it loads in 1st half. No matter what any Derry person here says, Carlow should have been ahead at half time. In 1st 10 mins cut the Derry backs open but blasted 2 shots wide when 1 on 1 with keeper. Ok we scored the 3rd chance, but in 1st half Carlow were probably better team.

Derry copped on in 2nd as we expected, and idiots on Carlow management left 2 obvious weak links on for 2nd half even tho everyone I spoke to at ht could see where the problem was. Within 10 mins Eoin Bradley scored a goal and 2 pts off one of the obvious weak links who we all cud see at ht. The other guy cost us 2 frees, and suddenly we the game was gone.

Daniel St Ledger who destroyed the full back line in 1st half, got the goal then which brought it back to 3 pts with a few mins to go, but then as always we got lads sent off. 1st one was fair enough, 2nd yellow and it put Derry 4 pts up and finally in comfort zone.
Last minute JJ Smith, went for Doherty and deserved his stright red. The guy has cost us a lot this year, thats his 3rd red card...the other 2 cost us at vital times in close league games. I see he has put Doherty out for 6 to 8 weeks.

stevecw

For any of the Derry people who weren't at the game. There is decent enough highlights here...downside is you have to listen to Luke Dempsey talking over most of it!!

http://www.carlow-nationalist.ie/Media/MediaPlayer/TabId/389/VideoId/1725/Highlights-From-The-Derry-V-Carlow-Game.aspx

lynchbhoy

thanks steve
actually a nicely done piece that rte could take note of !

didnt mind Dempseys voiceover at all.