A United Ireland. Opening up the discussion.

Started by winghalfback, May 27, 2015, 03:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on January 29, 2021, 11:37:29 AM
I wonder if our 2 geniuses could
1 - give us an outline of their perfect public health service
2 - the steps to achieve this
3 - their expertise and knowledge of reforming large public service bodies.

I had cancer some years ago. Had an operation and follow up treatments etc all done free of charge (apart from public hospital over night €75) in a public Hospital in the 26 Counties. No delays.

Another relation had suspicions, went to GP, was seen in a public Hospital 10 days later as a public patient and the cancer was sorted out.
By the way the cheapest Private Hospital Insurance cover is around €730 per adult.

Universal healthcare, not the FFG where proper healthcare is only an entitlement to the well off.

The arrogance of your last line tells us a lot.

By the way the cheapest Private Hospital Insurance cover is around €730 per adult.

What does the cheapest line of healthcare entitle you to? For someone on the breadline, raising kids, trying to get a home, paying extortionate rent, paying a mortgage, bills - trying to provide the basics for their families - to keep them fed and put a roof over their heads - €730 a year is not possible - for the cheapest form of private healthcare.

It's the arrogance of that line which tells you of how you view people less well off than you.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

seafoid

The Government seems to be playing a long game. Paying for Erasmus for NI students post Brexit is about soft power and changing the perception of the South among young Unionists.
The demographics in the North show that the unionist majority is at older ages only. Timing is the most important aspect because it has to be done properly. There is no point in doing it now.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

five points

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 11:37:03 AM
[
Once again, you are talking in hypotheticals - not facts.

SF have been very vocal about the need for healthcare reform in the 26 and a move to implementing a health care system much more like the NHS.

Everytime we have a narrative about the incompetence and sleaze of FFG you deflect onto some unknown hypothetical about SF - it's utterly bizarre.

The utter irony of you complaining about hypotheticals. SF have never once mentioned that public service redundancies are on the cards if healthcare reform here is to become a reality.

I am as angry as you are about FF & FG incompetence and sleaze. But SF is an embedded part of the same rotten cartel.

Rossfan

Lidl bringing all their stuff for 6 Cos outlets through the 26.
Amazon opening a Dublin depot for Irish orders.
If the 6 Cos Executive was any use they'd be getting all sorts of  online outfits and the rest to open a facility in the North as they have unfettered access to the EU and GB.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: five points on January 29, 2021, 12:06:42 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 11:37:03 AM
[
Once again, you are talking in hypotheticals - not facts.

SF have been very vocal about the need for healthcare reform in the 26 and a move to implementing a health care system much more like the NHS.

Everytime we have a narrative about the incompetence and sleaze of FFG you deflect onto some unknown hypothetical about SF - it's utterly bizarre.

The utter irony of you complaining about hypotheticals. SF have never once mentioned that public service redundancies are on the cards if healthcare reform here is to become a reality.

I am as angry as you are about FF & FG incompetence and sleaze. But SF is an embedded part of the same rotten cartel.

Once again you are focusing on things you don't know.

SF have never once had power, you do not know what they would or would not do. They have been very critical of the health service in the 26, they have been very clear that they plan to abolish the two tier health service favoured by FFG and they have been very clear on wanting to shift to a universal healthcare system. They should be judged when they have actual power to do so. It's going to come but you seem to be determined to have FFG remain in power due to prejudiced ideas you have based on no logics.

What you are saying here just defies any semblance of intelligence.

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on January 29, 2021, 12:09:12 PM

If the 6 Cos Executive was any use they'd be getting all sorts of  online outfits and the rest to open a facility in the North as they have unfettered access to the EU and GB.

Another free stater utterly ignorant on the powers and scope of the executive.

Jeepers Creepers

five points

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 12:13:10 PM

Give over. You were crying here on Monday or Tuesday about someone calling you a cretin. Now you're at the same yourself. If you can't manage to debate respectfully, I'm out.

Your choice.

Angelo

Quote from: five points on January 29, 2021, 12:23:20 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 12:13:10 PM

Give over. You were crying here on Monday or Tuesday about someone calling you a cretin. Now you're at the same yourself. If you can't manage to debate respectfully, I'm out.

Your choice.

I play the ball, not the man. I'm not insulting you.

I'm calling out the absolute nonsense of what you're saying.

You are defending FFG incompetence and corruption by accusing an opposition party of being responsible. It's utterly, utterly absurd and has no logical basis whatsoever. You can't blame FFG policies on an opposition party who have no role in enacting those policies. It's idiotic.

five points

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 12:36:58 PM

You are defending FFG incompetence and corruption by accusing an opposition party of being responsible. It's utterly, utterly absurd and has no logical basis whatsoever. You can't blame FFG policies on an opposition party who have no role in enacting those policies. It's idiotic.

No, you're lying.

This is what I said.

QuoteI am as angry as you are about FF & FG incompetence and sleaze. But SF is an embedded part of the same rotten cartel.

I have not defended FF or FG anywhere here. (And give up on the "FFG" nonsense. There's no such entity.)

It's your choice whether or not we continue debating. But if you continue both lying and making inflammatory comments, I'm out.

Angelo

Quote from: five points on January 29, 2021, 12:43:06 PM

No, you're lying.

This is what I said.

QuoteI am as angry as you are about FF & FG incompetence and sleaze. But SF is an embedded part of the same rotten cartel.

I have not defended FF or FG anywhere here. (And give up on the "FFG" nonsense. There's no such entity.)

It's your choice whether or not we continue debating. But if you continue both lying and making inflammatory comments, I'm out.

You have defended them as you choose to put the blame of their policies on a party who have never been in power. It's an idiotic line. How can you blame the health service failings on a party who has never been in power. A few pages back you tried to blame the bank bailout on a party who had 4 TDs out of 166. Again utterly idiotic.

Do you mind telling us who you vote for so? As you seem to lay the blame of every FFG govt catastrophe at the door of a party who have never been in govt.

There is a FFG entity, one that is very cosily agreeing on all policy of late.

five points

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 12:46:01 PM

No, you're lying.

This is what I said.

You have defended them as you choose to put the blame of their policies on a party who have never been in power. It's an idiotic line. How can you blame the health service failings on a party who has never been in power. A few pages back you tried to blame the bank bailout on a party who had 4 TDs out of 166. Again utterly idiotic.

Do you mind telling us who you vote for so? As you seem to lay the blame of every FFG govt catastrophe at the door of a party who have never been in govt.

I'll answer your questions whenever you stop being aggressive and confrontational. Until then, I'm out.

Angelo

Quote from: five points on January 29, 2021, 12:51:35 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 12:46:01 PM

No, you're lying.

This is what I said.

I'll answer your questions whenever you stop being aggressive and confrontational. Until then, I'm out.

You've had chances to answer those questions and you haven't liked been challenged on the nonsense you've put forward so do as you please.

five points

Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 12:54:27 PM
You've had chances to answer those questions and you haven't liked been challenged on the nonsense you've put forward so do as you please.

That I will.

Note, I won't be going down the road of either insulting you or being aggressive or confrontational to you.

Angelo

Quote from: five points on January 29, 2021, 12:57:19 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 29, 2021, 12:54:27 PM

That I will.

Note, I won't be going down the road of either insulting you or being aggressive or confrontational to you.

I haven't insulted you at all.

You have taken offence to me calling your nonsense and the complete lack of logic to what you've posted and thrown a little bit of strop so do as you please.