A United Ireland. Opening up the discussion.

Started by winghalfback, May 27, 2015, 03:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

I don't see any evidence to the contrary that this letter is not representative of the predominant view in the South.Where is the whisper never mind the clamour for a United Ireland, the letters to the papers demanding it,or even one Southern based political commentator calling for it? Instead NI comes under the Dublin Govt's "Foreign Affairs" Dept.If the southern populace and government were one tenth as exercised about uniting Ireland as they are about Brexit, that would be something.

Rossfan

Until Nationalists in the North come out and vote in large numbers for Nationalist parties a UI won't be on any agenda.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: Rois on July 24, 2016, 08:17:36 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 24, 2016, 08:07:43 PM
Huge difference between "favouring" something in a vox pop,as opposed to considering all the implications then going to a polling station to cast a vote
Have you not just posted a link to a tweet of a picture of one person's letter to a newspaper? Doesn't carry much constitutional weight either, does it?

MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on July 24, 2016, 08:46:43 PM
Until Nationalists in the North come out and vote in large numbers for Nationalist parties a UI won't be on any agenda.
Until.nationalists stop watching unionist filth such as strictly come dancing and the great British bake off it is hard to see anything changing.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

T Fearon

Are these shows not watched in the South too? When ever Im down there I can never access BBC NI its always BBC London.

screenexile

Quote from: seafoid on July 25, 2016, 08:12:06 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 24, 2016, 08:46:43 PM
Until.nationalists stop watching unionist filth such as strictly come dancing and the great British bake off it is hard to see anything changing.

What??

T Fearon

I see there is a 2hour programme on RTE1 tonight celebrating Her Majesty's 90 years.Bound to be a ratings winner

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on July 25, 2016, 02:46:35 AM
Huge difference between "favouring" something in a vox pop,as opposed to considering all the implications then going to a polling station to cast a vote
Have you not just posted a link to a tweet of a picture of one person's letter to a newspaper? Doesn't carry much constitutional weight either, does it?

That's a strike, not a home run. (If I understood the point you were making :) )

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on July 25, 2016, 11:10:49 AM
I see there is a 2hour programme on RTE1 tonight celebrating Her Majesty's 90 years.Bound to be a ratings winner
Unionis southsiders . The kilmacud clubhouse is surrounded by them
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 25, 2016, 11:13:05 AM

That's a strike, not a home run. (If I understood the point you were making :) )

It gets worse.....

I just looked up what BAMF meant.
MWWSI 2017

omaghjoe

Quote from: muppet on July 25, 2016, 05:42:31 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 25, 2016, 11:13:05 AM

It gets worse.....

I just looked up what BAMF meant.
AZ am I missing something with baseball?... How can you tell from that GIF whether its a stike or hit?
Americans seem to be able to tell no problem, but the only way I can tell is if the camera remains on the batter its a stirke (or ball) or if the camera pans out to where the ball is then its a hit

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

JPGJOHNNYG

Applesisapples

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on July 28, 2016, 09:52:31 AM
Its official Northern Ireland is more Irish than British and er so is Scotland according to the Sun

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1514370/study-show-most-of-us-are-only-37-british-unless-you-come-from-one-part-of-the-country/
Just to be pedantic the original Brits were actually Celtic and cousins of the Irish, pushed of their lands by the Angles, saxons and Jutes amongst others.