Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ose 14

not a make or break year for tyrone but a make or break year for harte. mcguiness is gone can he get past donegal if not time to go end of.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Mikhailov on December 29, 2014, 03:17:38 PM
What's the story with Conan Grugan & Ciaran McGinley for 2015 season. Reportedly both have pulled out for personal reasons making them unavailable - can anyone shed any light on this please. Both lads will be missed in an very important year ahead - it is a big make or break year for Tyrone !!!

McGinley working in England as far as I'm aware. No word why Grugan has walked away. Thought it was a big year for this year in terms of development - felt if he was ever going to that now was the time to make the break through. Has appeared to me to lack a we bit of hunger when I've saw him play which I felt was holding him back but he has plenty of talent and still relatively young.

Good game this Sunday to get the season up and running.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Redhand Santa on December 29, 2014, 09:10:14 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on December 29, 2014, 03:17:38 PM
What's the story with Conan Grugan & Ciaran McGinley for 2015 season. Reportedly both have pulled out for personal reasons making them unavailable - can anyone shed any light on this please. Both lads will be missed in an very important year ahead - it is a big make or break year for Tyrone !!!

McGinley working in England as far as I'm aware. No word why Grugan has walked away. Thought it was a big year for this year in terms of development - felt if he was ever going to that now was the time to make the break through. Has appeared to me to lack a we bit of hunger when I've saw him play which I felt was holding him back but he has plenty of talent and still relatively young.

Grugan no big loss in my opinion.

Good game this Sunday to get the season up and running.

rrhf

Quote from: ose 14 on December 29, 2014, 09:05:04 PM
not a make or break year for tyrone but a make or break year for harte. mcguiness is gone can he get past donegal if not time to go end of.
let's take it game by game.

Norf Tyrone

Do they announce the line ups for the McKenna Cup in advance or is it on the day?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tyrone Gaa

See Peter Canavan has got himself involved with the Under 21 set up.  Is he positioning himself for the senior post next year when Micky's term comes to an end?
Living the dream!!!

tyroneboi

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 02, 2015, 02:44:18 PM
Do they announce the line ups for the McKenna Cup in advance or is it on the day?

I think they normally do name the team in advance for McKenna Cup - maybe just with new years they havent done so for this match. Are you waiting patiently to hear if Cathal McShane will be starting?

tyroneman

Still no word on why Grugan pulled out? This could have been a huge year for him.

tyroneboi

1 – Niall Morgan – Éadan na dTorc

2 – Aidan McCrory – Aireagal Chiaráin

3 – Ronan McNamee – Achadh Uí Aráin

4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mhór

5 – Tiernan McCann – Coill an Chlochair

6 – Ryan McKenna – Eaglais

7 – Peter Harte – Aireagal Chiaráin

8 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh

9 – Padraig McNulty – Dún Geanainn

10 – PJ Lavery – Cluain Eo

11 – Kyle Coney – Ard Bó

12 – Peter Hughes – Eiscreach

13 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc

14 – Sean Cavanagh – An Mhaigh (c)

15 – Shea McGuigan – Ard Bó

longballin

Mc Carron starts on Sunday. I have a few reservations about this.

tyroneman

Think the future for Sean is FF. Won his POY from there in 08 and with his pace dropping a little he would extend his playing time by another few years.

Would have preferred a more experimental panel / line up. Beating Armagh at this stage of the year is neither here nor there. Nice if it happens, no biggie if not. Finding new players us far more important.

Is Dan mcNulty injured?

EastTyrone

Quote from: tyroneman on January 02, 2015, 06:19:06 PM
Still no word on why Grugan pulled out? This could have been a huge year for him.

I have been told that has taken the year out to improve his own conditioning and bulk up.
Although im sure he could of done this while on the panel.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: tyroneman on January 02, 2015, 07:15:39 PM
Think the future for Sean is FF. Won his POY from there in 08 and with his pace dropping a little he would extend his playing time by another few years.

Would have preferred a more experimental panel / line up. Beating Armagh at this stage of the year is neither here nor there. Nice if it happens, no biggie if not. Finding new players us far more important.

Is Dan mcNulty injured?

It might not be overly experimental in terms of new players but the majority of the team are not yet established successful county players. A lot of new players have been brought in during recent years and now is the time for them to step up. The likes of mcnamme got his place last year but still needs games at the level to continue to improve.

I'm also glad to see cavanagh up to full forward. We have really lacked ball winners in the forward line in recent years and cavanagh and mattie d are 2 players who could improve this from last year. Looking forward to seeing how mcnulty goes in midfield. Tyrone really need options there.

BennyHarp

Hopefully Padraig McNulty gets a run of games and gets a chance to get to grips with county football. It's a big step up for him but he has all the required attributes to be a big success. My fear is he'll have one mediocre game and never been seen again.
That was never a square ball!!

LeoMc

Quote from: EastTyrone on January 02, 2015, 07:17:31 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on January 02, 2015, 06:19:06 PM

I have been told that has taken the year out to improve his own conditioning and bulk up.
Although im sure he could of done this while on the panel.
He could bulk up on the panel but wouldn't be guaranteed as much game time as he will get with Omagh so that could be a factor if his focus is on development.