Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on April 15, 2018, 05:48:56 PM
Fair to say we all hope this works for Belfast/Antrim
However £200k a year with £60k going to the overall manager leaves £140k a year. No doubt pitch hire and equipment will be required. This doesn't leave a lot for coaches does it?
While this is welcome it feels a bit like a Croke showing they are doing something as much as anything

Did Paul Donnelly of St Pauls get this Regeneration managerial role?

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: johnnycool on July 13, 2018, 02:04:45 PM
However £200k a year with £60k going to the overall manager leaves £140k a year. No doubt pitch hire and equipment will be required. This doesn't leave a lot for coaches does it?
While this is welcome it feels a bit like a Croke showing they are doing something as much as anything

Yes indeed and good initial article in Irish News and has a really good CV.
I remember when Gaelfast was announced there was talk of a gauntlet being thrown down to the clubs and I'm glad he put that right in the article that there were no gauntlets to be thrown down to anyone but rather the clubs are to be supported. Looking forward to more of his plan in tomorrow's edition - Adh Mor Paul

johnnycool

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on July 13, 2018, 03:50:59 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on July 13, 2018, 02:04:45 PM

Yes indeed and good initial article in Irish News and has a really good CV.
I remember when Gaelfast was announced there was talk of a gauntlet being thrown down to the clubs and I'm glad he put that right in the article that there were no gauntlets to be thrown down to anyone but rather the clubs are to be supported. Looking forward to more of his plan in tomorrow's edition - Adh Mor Paul

Good to see, nice lad.

Belfast GAA man

anyone else get cross when driving by Casement? Any word of a timeline for starting work? I fear not

While residents have rights what about the kids who are missing out on playing their games in a quality setting? Should we mobilise kids from each club to peacefully protest outside casement highlighting their right to play is being hampered and then up to Stormont to protest to the Civil servants up there?

The loss of Casement is not just about a county ground but a ground in which lots of kids matches have been played over the years

>:( >:( >:(

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: hardstation on July 22, 2018, 08:49:24 AM
If it is a fruitless protest you want, you might consider having it at the door of those responsible for the clusterfuck. Market St, Armagh.
Just accept casement is going nowhere then?

Belfast GAA man

having watched Monaghan Tyrone I'm very envious of those counties and would love to be in croke one day cheering on the saffrons

Anyone any reasons to hope we will be? any greenshoots out there to get excited about?

Casement dormant / Gaelfast not yet started are both a decade away from from bearing fruit ::)

Gold

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 12, 2018, 08:35:28 PM
having watched Monaghan Tyrone I'm very envious of those counties and would love to be in croke one day cheering on the saffrons

Anyone any reasons to hope we will be? any greenshoots out there to get excited about?

Casement dormant / Gaelfast not yet started are both a decade away from from bearing fruit ::)

Totally agree. We accept nothingness.
Not enough people care or support our County
I was at croker yesterday and am sick of looking on like an outsider...laughed at and pitied

Antrim, Waterford, Leitrim and Kilkenny are the only counties not to have played a championship match in Croker since the Qualifiers began. That statistic is a disgrace for us

So much hate and disrespect between our clubs...we need to unite or accept nothingness forever. Why should any man from any other county be fitter/faster/stronger/more skilful. Why not us?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Spike

We in Antrim think like amateurs, appoint managers like amateurs, train like amateurs, invest like amateurs, play tactics like amateurs and have the mental strength of amateurs.

Despite that it is supposed to be an amateur sport, every other county with a modicum of success/progress, treats the county setup as if its a professional sport.

We are behind the curve

Belfast GAA man

I believe the Saffron vision county board have upped the professional levels especially with the business forum but we have been so far behind for so long that we need lots of initiatives and support. I know of 2 Belfast clubs who can't get any Stormont or Croke Park funds to assist with 2nd pitches. Surely Croke Park needs to contribute to clubs with plans to develop facilities which will utimatley be owned by the GAA anyway?

We need stormont support and Croke support way and above Gaelfast £200k a year! Still a free state attitude in Croke towards the North imo with lip service the order of the day

johnnycool

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on August 13, 2018, 05:57:16 PM
I believe the Saffron vision county board have upped the professional levels especially with the business forum but we have been so far behind for so long that we need lots of initiatives and support. I know of 2 Belfast clubs who can't get any Stormont or Croke Park funds to assist with 2nd pitches. Surely Croke Park needs to contribute to clubs with plans to develop facilities which will utimatley be owned by the GAA anyway?

We need stormont support and Croke support way and above Gaelfast £200k a year! Still a free state attitude in Croke towards the North imo with lip service the order of the day

You'll not get a brass farthing out of Croke Park or the Ulster Council in Armagh for large projects like that. Trust me we've tried.
You'll get a few bob towards spiking a pitch, end off.

Saffronista

Casement Park looking like it will never happen, for curiosity how much would it be worth on the property market?

Take the money and find some ground and build our own stadium!

Spike

Cant see the local politicos letting that happen - an eyesore is one thing, losing it altogether is another!

Belfast GAA man

When do we cut our losses on Casement and look to build a new county ground? Our county teams are struggling enough without being perpetual nomads too

paddyjohn

Where do we put our new county ground? If only we had somewhere near major roads that could double as county pitch and training facility!

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea