Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: hardstation on December 17, 2008, 10:00:31 PM
Cargin News:

Just in: Crozier.

Heard today JC Devlin is to manage Aldergrove this year.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

NAG

Now theres a meeting of minds  :D

culchie11

Any other managerial appointments?!?!?

heard from a very good source Paul McIvor, Brians son, is taking creggan next year!
i thought crozier just had to be confirmed at cargin, but i see they have ad in Irish news today!
is downey going another year with portglenone!
wee james will be with galls, st johns & st brigids probably be the same!
our management team from last year dont look like going again!! :-\

bannside you any jobs in pipeline?

what does everyone think about underage league being pushed to go all county?!?
me personally, i think the south west leagues work really well, if its not broke dont fix it!!
dont know how the south antrim leagues work, heard they struggle!!
i just think to play all county at underage, with travelling etc it will end up with loads of fixtures not being played!!
plus the fact all the teams in the south west have their own pitches is a big factor in my opinion for south west to remain in place!!!

NAG

Pushing the SW and NA clubs into all county leagues at underage is trying to put a bandaid on the scar of underage development in Belfast.

They are attempting to drag belfast up by using the good structures and facilities which the SW and NA have developed (while the belfast clubs sat on their asses and were happy to remain as social clubs rather than GAA clubs) but in fact what they will only acheive is dragging the SW and NA down. If they want to do something to develop the Belfast structures they need to look deeper than this quick fix and get to the root of the problem and sort it out root and branch.

Let the successful boards continue to develop twinned with revamping belfast and getting their clubs to an acceptable standard they we can look at all county leagues because then they will be worth it and not just an exercise in futility.

bannside

JC a great scoop for Aldergrove. Nag, the best total football and disciplined football Cargin ever played was under JC.

St Brigids def not the same - Conor Mc Sherry away to home town Coalisland.

What about yourselves, Culchie?

culchie11

Quote from: bannside on December 24, 2008, 01:47:40 AM
JC a great scoop for Aldergrove. Nag, the best total football and disciplined football Cargin ever played was under JC.

St Brigids def not the same - Conor Mc Sherry away to home town Coalisland.

What about yourselves, Culchie?

no appointment yet bannside, last years management team arent running again!!!
open for nominations!!!

hightower

culchy11 talk of brian white taking ports as late as yesterday a/noon

culchie11

Quote from: hightower on December 24, 2008, 10:08:49 AM
culchy11 talk of brian white taking ports as late as yesterday a/noon

where you hear that?
a cracker!!!
:D :D

littleoak

what u guys know of an odran o kane think he took antrim minors for a spell anyone know anything about him? :-\

hightower

going as a two man team, him and delargy

pebble-dasher

whitey and delargy has to be a wind up!  would be some management team but.

saffron sam2

I would genuinely think that the Ports would be much better off with Delargey on his own. Whitey seems to have lost things a bit after a disappointing spell with Rossa and two big hitters has rarely worked in the past (Carr & Kane at Down, McRory & McKenna at Tyrone and Coleman & McGuckin in Derry to name but three examples of failed managerial teams)
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

lynchbhoy

Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 29, 2008, 11:06:15 PM
I would genuinely think that the Ports would be much better off with Delargey on his own. Whitey seems to have lost things a bit after a disappointing spell with Rossa and two big hitters has rarely worked in the past (Carr & Kane at Down, McRory & McKenna at Tyrone and Coleman & McGuckin in Derry to name but three examples of failed managerial teams)
the two brians at armagh did feck all too

I'd agree, co-management doesnt work (have first hand exp of this and its frustrating)
Delargy would be better off using his own talent rather than pitching in with someone
imo

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: saffron sam2 on December 29, 2008, 11:06:15 PM

Art and eugene won an Ulster championship  as did the two Brians...now lads that is not faulure.

stiffler

Anyone any ideas on how the team is going to line out on sunday?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009