Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Booked into the Raddison Blu out near Rosses Point. Hoping to celebrate a victory then on to Clones on Sunday morning to cheer on our minors.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Hectic on June 06, 2017, 02:31:01 PM
Quote from: The Gs Man on June 06, 2017, 01:31:56 PM
Very pleasantly surprised to see our U12s match review (against Cargin Friday night) appear on the new Saffron Gael website.  Pity about the result, but more of this sort of thing!!!

Somebody has raised the donation button on the page a few days back.  From what I see of this site so far it is well worth donating to, the coverage is extensive and for me would be a better stop than going out and buying papers.  Also the reality is to go out and get this level of coverage would come at a certain cost be it fuel, equipment or simply time.  Certainly it has started off well and I am not surprised given the amount of photographs I have seen in recent years on Facebook from said photographer it is clear there is a real genuine love of the game as opposed to a business venture driving the whole thing on.  Keep up the good work.

its a great job and one that i think will only help to promote our games in antrim. Social media is massive for the younger ones involved in the game and they thrive on seeing match reports and pictures from their games.

I do all the stuff on our social media and webpage and will be sending stuff to curly for his site as well. I make the match day posters as well for the club and the county camogie teams when i can get time so as i say, anything i can do to promote the games im happy to help.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Quote from: Hectic on June 06, 2017, 02:31:01 PM
Somebody has raised the donation button on the page a few days back.  From what I see of this site so far it is well worth donating to, the coverage is extensive and for me would be a better stop than going out and buying papers.  Also the reality is to go out and get this level of coverage would come at a certain cost be it fuel, equipment or simply time.  Certainly it has started off well and I am not surprised given the amount of photographs I have seen in recent years on Facebook from said photographer it is clear there is a real genuine love of the game as opposed to a business venture driving the whole thing on.  Keep up the good work.

+1
Serious love and passion for our games from the men involved. Its a no brainer for any GAA man or women to support them and their efforts which benefits us all.   
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

paddyjohn

country bumpkin

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on June 08, 2017, 11:50:50 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on June 08, 2017, 09:50:39 AM
http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=271321

Not only an issue in Antrim the lack of food..  ;)

Sad times indeed......

Not even a customary pint afterwards!!

To be fair I did the clubs annual Pat Sheehan tournament (which was a great success, as usual) and the club do a barbaque which at the break i received a double cheese burger with fried onions!!! was flipping torture though for about an hour before hand as the smell of the burgers was gorgeous.. So well done the the club, free food and 2 pints in the pump!!

Now if there wasnt food I'd have went to the shop and bought some!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 08, 2017, 12:02:55 PM

Sad times indeed......

To be fair I did the clubs annual Pat Sheehan tournament (which was a great success, as usual) and the club do a barbaque which at the break i received a double cheese burger with fried onions!!! was flipping torture though for about an hour before hand as the smell of the burgers was gorgeous.. So well done the the club, free food and 2 pints in the pump!!

Could you not of done something with the rain though? I was soaked to the skin!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on June 08, 2017, 12:21:44 PM

Sad times indeed......

Could you not of done something with the rain though? I was soaked to the skin!!

We started at 10am (or just after) the rain and I mean buckets of it with hailstones came on the final 3 minutes of the final!!! It was awful....up to that point the sun was blazing and my head was burnt off me!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 08, 2017, 12:47:11 PM

Sad times indeed......

We started at 10am (or just after) the rain and I mean buckets of it with hailstones came on the final 3 minutes of the final!!! It was awful....up to that point the sun was blazing and my head was burnt off me!

I wasn't prepared for it anyway!

johnneycool

Sad times indeed......

Our youngsters had a great day out, one of the better tournaments about.

paddyjohn

Quote from: johnneycool on June 08, 2017, 01:05:47 PM

Sad times indeed......

Yeah same here.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnneycool on June 08, 2017, 01:05:47 PM

Sad times indeed......

Yous normally do well at it, Cushendall lads were a step up this year from most years, I cant remember them doing as well at that age group

tiempo

Anyone know when the prelim/first round of club football championship scheduled for?