?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Glenman93

Quote from: toby47 on July 23, 2018, 11:51:41 AM
Any reports on any of yesterday's games?

Read my last post Toby!!!

tonesfirstandlast

I hear smiler McCann was acting the hard man again for  Newbridge on Sunday again.
Somethings never change.

Keyser soze

The last 8 League games have been scheduled  over the next 4 week period... 22nd July to 24th Aug, and no you have not misread that it says EIGHT games in 4 weeks. Club players are being treated like tramps by their own county board ...half the league crammed into 4 weeks of the season.

Josey Wales

Expect nothing else.  Barker and Co dont have a notion.

toby47

Zero games in 11 weeks (6th May - 22nd July) , now 8 games in 4 weeks.

I wonder will the same format be used next year? I know its the case every year but I think especially this year reserves have got very little football. Barely any of the regional fixtures were fulfilled and looking at tonight 5 out of the 8 reserve fixtures in the senior league have been conceded. It's a massive struggle to play 2 games on a week night.

Waataboutyee

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on July 24, 2018, 11:52:09 AM
I hear smiler McCann was acting the hard man again for  Newbridge on Sunday again.
Somethings never change.
Cant believe that. Totally out of character for Smiler.

BackInTheGame

Quote from: toby47 on July 25, 2018, 01:34:35 PM
Zero games in 11 weeks (6th May - 22nd July) , now 8 games in 4 weeks.

I wonder will the same format be used next year? I know its the case every year but I think especially this year reserves have got very little football. Barely any of the regional fixtures were fulfilled and looking at tonight 5 out of the 8 reserve fixtures in the senior league have been conceded. It's a massive struggle to play 2 games on a week night.
I actually think the break was/is a good idea, but this cramming of fixtures isn't. I guess someone smarter than me will need to come up with an alternative.

lenny

Quote from: Josey Wales on July 25, 2018, 01:19:47 PM

Clubs wanted their county players for all matches so what do you expect. This is the only solution and as far as I'm concerned Barker and co have been excellent. If clubs were prepared to play starred games without county players as in other counties this wouldn't be an issue. You can't have it both ways.

shawshank

I agree, currently it's either this or starred. But you can have it both ways if Croke Park would get their finger out and get a national fixture plan to accommodate club and county in equal measure. For all their suggestion, I don't see this happening any time soon, as the super 8s money racket will dictate the time line on development of this calendar

Real Talk

Quote from: lenny on July 25, 2018, 06:30:50 PM

Clubs wanted their county players for all matches so what do you expect. This is the only solution and as far as I’m concerned Barker and co have been excellent. If clubs were prepared to play starred games without county players as in other counties this wouldn’t be an issue. You can’t have it both ways.

That is correct but there are problems with mid-week games : 1 -- It is very difficult for the away team to get their players available for long distance game e.g. Desertmartin v Slaughtmanus or Steelstown v Lissan and 2 -- Impossible, as has been already said, to full-fill a Reserve game in mid week when the teams are located a long way apart. 

But this is a trial year and hopefully the system can be "tweeked" to address these issues

Croke Park would need to come to "grips" with the real problems of addressing Player Welfare and spend less time placating the Kildares and Dublins of the "nearly professional" Gaelic Football's elite

doiregael93

I'm only hearing tonight about two members of the screen panel having a bust up at one of their team mates wedding?

No prizes for guessing who was stuck in the middle  :-X

They're some mess this year. Between that, a certain forward messaging the manager at the start of the year telling him he didn't want to play for them because it's a sinking ship and them welcoming him back a few weeks later and then changing managers mid way through the season, it's been a pretty disruptive year for them!

Keyser soze

Clubs wanted their county players for all matches so what do you expect. This is the only solution and as far as I'm concerned Barker and co have been excellent. If clubs were prepared to play starred games without county players as in other counties this wouldn't be an issue. You can't have it both ways.

Arse licker.

Not sure if this should be one word or two though.

Waataboutyee

Chrissy calls for new management to get the road after bottom of table Greenlough park the bus and get a draw!

RedandBlacks

Quote from: Real Talk on July 25, 2018, 07:38:36 PM

That is correct but there are problems with mid-week games : 1 -- It is very difficult for the away team to get their players available for long distance game e.g. Desertmartin v Slaughtmanus or Steelstown v Lissan and 2 -- Impossible, as has been already said, to full-fill a Reserve game in mid week when the teams are located a long way apart. 

But this is a trial year and hopefully the system can be "tweeked" to address these issues

Croke Park would need to come to "grips" with the real problems of addressing Player Welfare and spend less time placating the Kildares and Dublins of the "nearly professional" Gaelic Football's elite

The system definitely needs improvement. Lissan played Faughenvale on Wednesday, yet play Castledawson on Saturday. You would think anyone with a bit of common sense would have swapped the fixtures about. Especially expecting to fulfil a reserve game at 645 and its a 70 minute drive.

Link

Quote from: RedandBlacks on July 27, 2018, 11:16:35 AM
Quote from: Real Talk on July 25, 2018, 07:38:36 PM

The system definitely needs improvement. Lissan played Faughenvale on Wednesday, yet play Castledawson on Saturday. You would think anyone with a bit of common sense would have swapped the fixtures about. Especially expecting to fulfil a reserve game at 645 and its a 70 minute drive.

This would mean Faughanvale heading to Desertmartin on wednesday past.  Suit one team to disrupt another?