?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

restorepride

markl121

Very positive first half display. After that goal line save in the second half it got away from us. I am still going to take positives from it and hope Damien keeps the team together for next years league.
Mark lynch playing in defence most of the match was baffling though.

RedandBlacks

Coldrick was a disgrace. There was no player protection for paudie cassidy who was constantly getting it around the neck. At least 4 times we broke through for goal and 4 times we were dragged down. Crucial monent when we where 4 points down and through on goal. Jersey pulled. Lynch gets sent of for striking and they get a black card. And a hop ball.

JoG2

Quote from: markl121 on June 09, 2018, 06:04:20 PM
Very positive first half display. After that goal line save in the second half it got away from us. I am still going to take positives from it and hope Damien keeps the team together for next years league.
Mark lynch playing in defence most of the match was baffling though.

I'd agree, but we are shipping serious scores whilst coughing up kickouts with men dropped back. Coldrick was worse than useless, an abysmal performance. We should tighten up with a settled squad.

Could that have been big Marks last game at County level? A serious and committed Derry man, absolute legend

markl121

Derry kickouts both for and against are awful. We work hard to get a score and then they win the long kickout and score themselves. Was a problem throughout the league and again in both championship  games. I thought Cassidy in midfield was fantastic. Controlling large spells of the game.

BackInTheGame

Quote from: restorepride on June 09, 2018, 05:41:29 PM
Quote from: BackInTheGame on June 09, 2018, 05:16:36 PM
That was fairly disappointing now.
Are you talking about Coldrick?
Just the result/performance.

I would describe Coldrick differently but I'm not sure I am allowed to swear on here.

You know what, we kicked some good scores and a couple of lads (Padraig Tad, Jack Doherty) had good games. But we put a load of work in to kick a score and the opposition immediately wins their kick out and scores themselves. We're so open down the middle of the field.

A pity Rogers didn't start because Flynn was absolutely bullying us first half.

Drag And Pull

Let's not loose sight of the reality here. Yes Coldrick was poor, but he is not to blame for Derry being so inept. I see someone talking about encouraging signs...really? That team was beaten by CARLOW! please see it for what it was. Very very poor. I know we may not have great players, but why Mark Lynch sweeper? , why no movement on our knockouts? Coney? Don't start this encouraging signs nonsense, relegated to Div 4 and 0-2 in championship.  Pathetic.

currychip

We can't blame Coldrick, bad as he was.  Defensive approach was brutal.  Letting Kildare carry the ball so far up the field, without a challenge.  What was the thinking there?

RedandBlacks

Quote from: currychip on June 09, 2018, 07:58:37 PM
We can't blame Coldrick, bad as he was.  Defensive approach was brutal.  Letting Kildare carry the ball so far up the field, without a challenge.  What was the thinking there?

Wouldn't blame coldrick but his performance didn't help. At times we played very well. But it all came down to how much we concede. Which has been the issue over the past few years. Scoring 2-14 should win most games

Drag And Pull

Quote from: RedandBlacks on June 09, 2018, 06:07:08 PM
Coldrick was a disgrace. There was no player protection for paudie cassidy who was constantly getting it around the neck. At least 4 times we broke through for goal and 4 times we were dragged down. Crucial monent when we where 4 points down and through on goal. Jersey pulled. Lynch gets sent of for striking and they get a black card. And a hop ball.

I honestly don't know if its home town blindness or rose coloured specs, but i despair at the nonsense some people come out with. Yes there were probably about 4 high challenges most of them on Big Paudie, yellow card offenses. to claim that these were all when we were breaking through on goal is nonsense, most not even near the goals. Crucial moment.... we were actually 6 behind at the time. i think you may find there were several more crucial moments before that, resulting in us being 6 down. Also, during this incident, us chasing the game, cynical pull down by Kildare man (i would expect any senior player to do the same think to protect a lead btw), why did Mark Lynch get involved in nonsense. The Kildare player was going to get a black, we had simple tap over free, time running down and he gets himself red carded and ball is thrown up, time wasted.  We really have no cuteness, not the time to show who has the biggest muscles.

RedandBlacks

Quote from: Drag And Pull on June 09, 2018, 08:20:46 PM

I honestly don't know if its home town blindness or rose coloured specs, but i despair at the nonsense some people come out with. Yes there were probably about 4 high challenges most of them on Big Paudie, yellow card offenses. to claim that these were all when we were breaking through on goal is nonsense, most not even near the goals. Crucial moment.... we were actually 6 behind at the time. i think you may find there were several more crucial moments before that, resulting in us being 6 down. Also, during this incident, us chasing the game, cynical pull down by Kildare man (i would expect any senior player to do the same think to protect a lead btw), why did Mark Lynch get involved in nonsense. The Kildare player was going to get a black, we had simple tap over free, time running down and he gets himself red carded and ball is thrown up, time wasted.  We really have no cuteness, not the time to show who has the biggest muscles.

Hang on big lad. I'm not saying we should have won the game and the better team. Was just statin that coldrick did very little to protect players. Completely agree that Kildare where cuter. And as a player myself I'd do the same in dragging a man down. But he can't let it happen constantly through out a game  agree that Lynch had no call to be involved in the row. That's not the point I was trying to make.  Wouldn't say what I came out with was nonsense.

restorepride

Quote from: Drag And Pull on June 09, 2018, 08:20:46 PM

No wonder you would expect that btw with a user name of Drag and Pull. Kildare should have had at least 2 men sent off, no glasses needed.  And then you blame Lynch! I despair at cynics like you who promote cynical play. Maybe you have Kildare blood in you?

Drag And Pull

We are getting away from Derry's shortcomings,  but this whole modern stuff with cynical play has gotten out of hand. All top level sport has an element of 'cynical play'. Successful teams are not angels. Our only all-Ireland winning team had their share, anyone who thinks differently is in la-la land. Off the ball holding, third man tackes, taking out the runner. These type of things actually used to be worse.

Wildweasel74

The rugby type tackle near the end should be a red card offence; soon cut out that crap! Derry gave away 1-12 in the first half playing a sweeper and dropping men bck! Would we have conceded any more playing with all forwards in attacking roles?

restorepride

Quote from: Drag And Pull on June 10, 2018, 10:40:20 AM
We are getting away from Derry's shortcomings,  but this whole modern stuff with cynical play has gotten out of hand. All top level sport has an element of 'cynical play'. Successful teams are not angels. Our only all-Ireland winning team had their share, anyone who thinks differently is in la-la land. Off the ball holding, third man tackes, taking out the runner. These type of things actually used to be worse.
Name them.