Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Rawhide

Really good game on Saturday evening, quality football with lots of scores and a belter of a goal from Shea. Hard to see the Nailers not winning Ulster, and good luck to them. However a few points, I though Kilcar left it behind them, never seen the Nailers get cut open so often in one game, the amount of goal chances that Kilcar missed would have gotten them over the line. Rodgers was destroyed by Mc Beraty who is a class footballer. Karl did a super job on ryan Mc Hugh who I think is over rated, it Donegals style that allows him to play, when man against man he is always subdued. Apart from marking him out of the game Karl contributed to the Nailers attacking game.  Feeney also marked Eoin Mc Hugh well, except on the kick outs where Feeneys lack of physically was exposed. Tadd, Mc Grath, the two Chrisys also played well, but Mc Mullan was the start of the game for me. Finally Chrissys goal should have been disallowed as he did not flick the ball to the net, he threw it.  Great entertainment.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Wildweasel74

Letting McBearty scoring 5pts no matter how good he is, would be a worry down the line

allseasons

Quote from: braveheart on November 12, 2017, 03:22:05 PM
And then there was 1. A better year for Derry Gaa but a disappointing day nonetheless. Newbridge in particular would've been fancied for the ulster intermediate prize. And Trasna have had a good year. Junior football in Derry has improved greatly since the league's have been altered. Slaughtneil keep on going. It is some journey for that massive parish.
I'm curious brave heart. How was it a better year for derry gaa?

restorepride

Rodgers v McBrearty was a fantastic battle on Saturday. In the first 15 minutes Rodgers went one to one and beat him to every ball. Three Kilcar players in a row tried to take Rodgers out as he tore up the sideline, McBrearty with a punch to the ribs, Hegarty with a fist to his face and Eoin McHugh with some sort of a karate kick attempt to the head. Second 15 McBrearty won, although Rodgers was taken out by McGinley as he tried to stop McBrearty scoring from play. Nothing should take away from an outstanding performance by our County and Ulster Champions, against the odds at halftime with O'Dohery gone.  Kilcar did not leave it behind, Slaughtneil went for in the second half and won it with top class football.

braveheart

Quote from: allseasons on November 13, 2017, 09:17:07 PM
And then there was 1. A better year for Derry Gaa but a disappointing day nonetheless. Newbridge in particular would've been fancied for the ulster intermediate prize. And Trasna have had a good year. Junior football in Derry has improved greatly since the league's have been altered. Slaughtneil keep on going. It is some journey for that massive parish.
it is very simple. It is unusual for "all" the Derry club sides to reach the semifinals of Ulster in the same year,so that means it is a better year. I'm dissapointed both Newbridge and Doire Trasna lost because I want Derry teams of all descriptions winning.

allseasons

Quote from: braveheart on November 14, 2017, 10:27:59 AM
it is very simple. It is unusual for "all" the Derry club sides to reach the semifinals of Ulster in the same year,so that means it is a better year. I'm dissapointed both Newbridge and Doire Trasna lost because I want Derry teams of all descriptions winning.
How did our representatives all do last year?
slaughtneil won ulster and only for an unfortunate sending off would likely be reigning all Ireland champions. Castledawson put up a brave show against a very strong Pomeroy outfit, and Magilligan were beat in a quarter final??
Sorry I stand corrected. Much better year for Derry football on the back of our junior champs going one round further  ::)

RedandBlacks

I can remember in 2008 3 derry teams where in all finals.

On another note anyone know what games will be played before the Ulster Championship matches?
U-17s are played in april and the seniors in May

JoG2

Quote from: RedandBlacks on November 14, 2017, 12:19:25 PM

On another note anyone know what games will be played before the Ulster Championship matches?

who were the Intermediate / Junior finalists that year RnB?

The draw for next year's Ulster minor football championship (U17) took place tonight.

Under the new fixture calander the championship gets undeway in April and is separate from the senior championship.

In the preliminary round Derry play Monaghan on Saturday 21 April, with the winners progressing to a quarter-final against Cavan.

The quarter-finals on the A side of the draw are Antrim v Fermanagh and Donegal v Tyrone, with the winners of both games meeting in the semi-final.

On the other side of the draw Down play Armagh with the winner of that tie meeting Derry/Monaghan/Cavan in the last four.

The quarter-finals are fixed for Saturday 28 April.

All games must be concluded on the day with no replays. If two periods of extra time can't separate teams on the day, a free taking competition will decide the winner.

braveheart

Quote from: allseasons on November 14, 2017, 10:56:32 AM
Quote from: braveheart on November 14, 2017, 10:27:59 AM
How did our representatives all do last year?
slaughtneil won ulster and only for an unfortunate sending off would likely be reigning all Ireland champions. Castledawson put up a brave show against a very strong Pomeroy outfit, and Magilligan were beat in a quarter final??
Sorry I stand corrected. Much better year for Derry football on the back of our junior champs going one round further  ::)
it is alright. And 2008 was 9 yrs ago RnB. I was in my prime in 2008. I thought it was a better year,it was my opinion, I'm hopeful our county is improving and next year we improve again

oakleaflad

We have only ever won the Ulster Intermediate club championship 3 times and have never won the Ulster Junior club so progress in these competitions can only be encouraged.

RedandBlacks

Quote from: JoG2 on November 14, 2017, 12:29:55 PM

The draw for next year's Ulster minor football championship (U17) took place tonight.

Under the new fixture calander the championship gets undeway in April and is separate from the senior championship.

In the preliminary round Derry play Monaghan on Saturday 21 April, with the winners progressing to a quarter-final against Cavan.

The quarter-finals on the A side of the draw are Antrim v Fermanagh and Donegal v Tyrone, with the winners of both games meeting in the semi-final.

On the other side of the draw Down play Armagh with the winner of that tie meeting Derry/Monaghan/Cavan in the last four.

All games must be concluded on the day with no replays. If two periods of extra time can't separate teams on the day, a free taking competition will decide the winner.

Ballinderry Greenlough and Lissan

JoG2

theticklemister

Quote from: RedandBlacks on November 14, 2017, 01:48:47 PM

Marty Carey captained Greenlough in the final. He is playing for John Mitchels in Liverpool now.

JoG2

Quote from: theticklemister on November 14, 2017, 07:05:50 PM
Quote from: RedandBlacks on November 14, 2017, 01:48:47 PM

Marty Carey captained Greenlough in the final. He is playing for John Mitchels in Liverpool now.

Where did it all go wrong Marty?

thepundit

What is the story with the age structure for club underage football? is it going to under 20s, 17s and 15s or going to stay the same? sounds like a bloody headache!