Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonnyD_

anyone know why the county football and hurling championship draws haven't been done - this lad (and the mrs) looking to book holidays! i don't want to miss the craic. are the dates even available...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JonnyD_ on May 14, 2024, 06:05:10 PManyone know why the county football and hurling championship draws haven't been done - this lad (and the mrs) looking to book holidays! i don't want to miss the craic. are the dates even available...

Tell them to book early July, they'll be grand.

Some will be screened too, hopefully, I watched a match in London last year, fantastic job
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2024, 06:12:41 PM
Quote from: JonnyD_ on May 14, 2024, 06:05:10 PManyone know why the county football and hurling championship draws haven't been done - this lad (and the mrs) looking to book holidays! i don't want to miss the craic. are the dates even available...

Tell them to book early July, they'll be grand.

Some will be screened too, hopefully, I watched a match in London last year, fantastic job

Did you have to pay for it?  ;)

Delgany 2nds

Draw is on 17th May

Hurling Round Robin dates
IHC/JHC  26 - 27 JULY
SHC/ IHC/JHC - 9 - 11 Aug
Then 23 - 25 Aug;6 - 8 Sept:
Qtrs 20- 22 Sept;Semis/JHCF- 4-6 Oct
SHC/IHC Finals 19 - 20 OCT

Football Round Robin dates
IFC 31 JULY
SFC/ IFC/JFC-2-4 Aug
Then 16- 18 Aug;30 Aug-1Sept:
Qtrs*13-16 Sept;Semis-27 - 30 Sept
 Finals 11- 13 OCT

JonnyD_

right lads (+lasses) a bit of craic who's going to win this weekend but more importantly why:

st johns v ballycran
c'dall v p'ferry
enda's v dunloy
b'galget v rossa
b'castle v loughguile

johnnycool

Quote from: JonnyD_ on May 15, 2024, 03:01:21 PMright lads (+lasses) a bit of craic who's going to win this weekend but more importantly why:

st johns v ballycran
c'dall v p'ferry
enda's v dunloy
b'galget v rossa
b'castle v loughguile

Ours is easy, Rossa by some margin.

We're dire at the minute.

NAG1

Quote from: johnnycool on Today at 10:40:01 AM
Quote from: JonnyD_ on May 15, 2024, 03:01:21 PMright lads (+lasses) a bit of craic who's going to win this weekend but more importantly why:

st johns v ballycran
c'dall v p'ferry
enda's v dunloy
b'galget v rossa
b'castle v loughguile

Anything coming through JC?

johnnycool

Quote from: NAG1 on Today at 10:58:45 AM

st johns v ballycran
c'dall v p'ferry
enda's v dunloy
b'galget v rossa
b'castle v loughguile

We do have a smattering of good underage hurlers coming through but its too early to tell, but any young lads thrown into that team will struggle, no real leadership in there and too many of the more seasoned lads passing the buck and may well be told to fúck off next year when we're in Div2 and start afresh.

Some of them seem to think you don't need to tackle in hurling anymore, but sure I'm an old cúnt who knows nothing.

NAG1

Quote from: johnnycool on Today at 11:22:17 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on Today at 10:58:45 AM

st johns v ballycran
c'dall v p'ferry
enda's v dunloy
b'galget v rossa
b'castle v loughguile

We do have a smattering of good underage hurlers coming through but its too early to tell, but any young lads thrown into that team will struggle, no real leadership in there and too many of the more seasoned lads passing the buck and may well be told to fúck off next year when we're in Div2 and start afresh.

Some of them seem to think you don't need to tackle in hurling anymore, but sure I'm an old cúnt who knows nothing.

Plenty of them about  ;D

JonnyD_

JC - the problem with league is the county boys missing and it seems to always hit the ards teams worse.

for whats it worth, here's my view:

st johns v ballycran: jonhnies, simply because they are on a winning streak but if down boys back up the road and allowed to play it might be tighter than you think
c'dall v p'ferry - cushendall - getting good results and starting to form again after a few poor performances and seen portaferry this year and dont think they are terribly fussed on these league games
enda's v dunloy - this will be tight and i'm going to call it! Enda's for the win... :o
b'galget v rossa - agree with JC, Rossa. they are getting less and less reliant on dual players. could be brewing somthing. (just based on saffron gael teamsheets btw)
b'castle v loughguile - loughguile, until ballycastle are at full strength they are easily got at. even in ballycastle

imtommygunn

I aw Rossa maybe a month ago. They were ok but nothing special. They'll need quite a few back to be challenging I would say but O'Brien, Walsh and McEnhill anyway would definitely boost them. In their defense it was an away game and I don't think they travel well.