Galway v Meath D2

Started by seafoid, March 02, 2016, 08:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 06, 2016, 03:43:13 PM
Draw not much good for our chances of going up. Might have to win the 3 remaining games now to be sure. Took them getting a rocket at half-time before they started playing.

I don't think you (or we) want to be going up.

thejuice

Surely fitness has to play a part. Leadership and inexperience can play a part too but it can't explain everything.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Hardy on March 06, 2016, 03:43:53 PM
Draw not much good for our chances of going up. Might have to win the 3 remaining games now to be sure. Took them getting a rocket at half-time before they started playing.

I want them up anyway. Even for the experience.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 06, 2016, 03:46:57 PM

Fully Agree - really need to get out of this bloody division and try and develop the team. 

Fear ón Srath Bán

Looking forward to Navan next week!  ;D ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on March 06, 2016, 04:01:31 PM

Fully Agree - really need to get out of this bloody division and try and develop the team.

Thirded. Might get bounced straight back down like Down are going to but you'll learn way more up there, the difference in standard is huge.

Very disappointing result in the overall context of Div 2, had a chance to separate ourselves from the rest of the pack, Tyrone are absolutely miles ahead of the rest of the division but the 2nd place is there to be taken.

Syferus

Sounds like the same argument against us going up last year. It all depends on how you take to the level. You can be a Westmeath or a Down and get crushed or you can be a Monaghan and have it drive you to new hieghts. I would always want to be promoted whenever it's up for grabs. You learn nothing sitting still.

seafoid

next 3 matches are Fermanagh, St Jude and Cavan. With the right attitude they are all winnable. This is quite a good team.

seafoid

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 06, 2016, 04:38:16 PM

Thirded. Might get bounced straight back down like Down are going to but you'll learn way more up there, the difference in standard is huge.

Very disappointing result in the overall context of Div 2, had a chance to separate ourselves from the rest of the pack, Tyrone are absolutely miles ahead of the rest of the division but the 2nd place is there to be taken.
Derry lost which helps. Character building to come back. Not a bad result imo. And Tyrone were not miles ahead in Salthill. I think Galway will win stuff with this team.

seafoid

Galway are further on than Meath. I think the SVP should help Leinster come up with some competition for Dublin.

Itchy

All to play for for 2nd place

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: seafoid on March 06, 2016, 05:08:42 PM

Derry lost which helps. Character building to come back. Not a bad result imo. And Tyrone were not miles ahead in Salthill. I think Galway will win stuff with this team.

Obviously it's a good comeback, could have been a lot worse but they'll be disappointed themselves, would have expected them to take care of Meath at home. 
I just hope it doesn't turn out like last year where poor home form cost us promotion.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 06, 2016, 06:52:45 PM

Obviously it's a good comeback, could have been a lot worse but they'll be disappointed themselves, would have expected them to take care of Meath at home. 
I just hope it doesn't turn out like last year where poor home form cost us promotion.

I think the most disappointing thing was (apart from not turning up for the first half) is that they went from 9 down at HT to 3 up. Should have closed out the game then as they had all the momentum but let Meath back into it to snatch a draw. Comer being black carded in the first half didn't help either.

seafoid

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 06, 2016, 06:52:45 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu Iflink=topic=26777.msg1565082#msg1565082 date=1457282296

The standard is mediocre. If they win the last 3 they go up.