Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: longballin on January 20, 2018, 12:03:51 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 20, 2018, 11:49:12 AM
Quote from: longballin on January 20, 2018, 10:24:17 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 20, 2018, 10:22:34 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 20, 2018, 08:16:07 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 19, 2018, 04:06:44 PM
Dolores' inquest adjourned until 3 April, while coroner awaits various test results.

It's going to linger on
Do you have to?

is puzzling the moderators allow this disrespect on death thread to continue

It's more puzzling that people are waiting on here to see how Tony will respond to a death.

I certainly arent here waiting on his responses. I read the thread as I do any other...
More puzzling that it bothers or offends people.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

longballin

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 20, 2018, 12:39:57 PM
Quote from: longballin on January 20, 2018, 12:03:51 PM
Quote from: ONeill on January 20, 2018, 11:49:12 AM
Quote from: longballin on January 20, 2018, 10:24:17 AM
Quote from: seafoid on January 20, 2018, 10:22:34 AM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 20, 2018, 08:16:07 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on January 19, 2018, 04:06:44 PM
Dolores' inquest adjourned until 3 April, while coroner awaits various test results.

It's going to linger on
Do you have to?

is puzzling the moderators allow this disrespect on death thread to continue

It's more puzzling that people are waiting on here to see how Tony will respond to a death.

I certainly arent here waiting on his responses. I read the thread as I do any other...
More puzzling that it bothers or offends people.

well it does. Using tragedies to be a smart ass.

T Fearon

Jim Rodford,The Kinks.That has really got me😥

T Fearon

Longballin you might honour the deceased better by spelling her name correctly, O'Riordan.

playwiththewind1st

Alanis Morissette was right - "isn't it ironic....don't you think".

BennyCake

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on January 21, 2018, 03:39:25 PM
Alanis Morissette was right - "isn't it ironic....don't you think".

Jaysus, I glimpsed Alanis' name and feared the worst!

playwiththewind1st

Apologies. If I gave an impression of the demise of Alanis Morissette, it's not true! I was just commenting, in amazement & wonder, on the source of the lesson in "Death Notices" protocol.

longballin

Quote from: T Fearon on January 21, 2018, 03:24:20 PM
Longballin you might honour the deceased better by spelling her name correctly, O'Riordon.

Yeah simples to change what I wrote... very clever  ::)  sort it out Toni

BennyCake

Ex-Blackpool footballer Jimmy Armfield, 82.

Before my time, but enjoyed listening to him as co-commentator on 5 Live.

Shamrock Shore

RIP.

More famous in my mind as Leeds United manager.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: BennyCake on January 22, 2018, 11:13:58 AM
Ex-Blackpool footballer Jimmy Armfield, 82.

Before my time, but enjoyed listening to him as co-commentator on 5 Live.
Same here, good co-commentator with a excellent knowledge of the game. RIP

Rufus T Firefly

Very sorry to hear this. Took over at Leeds after Brian Clough left and I felt did reasonably well despite the fact that the Revie greats were heading for retirement.  Led Leeds to a very painful European Cup Final defeat on a night when everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Could easily have been so different. Thereafter always had Leeds in the top ten in what was then a 22 team Division One. Like one or two others have said, was an excellent football commentator / analyst - always enjoyed hearing his voice and listening to his insight.

May He Rest In Peace. 

Applesisapples

I would be a huge supporter of Tony, the reverse in fact. But in the case of this thread I don't think he is disrespectful, but as I've said before his humour isn't great. That said the Linger comment and the Do you have to response made me smile. Death is serious enough you gotta laugh sometimes. My fondest memories of my parents wakes were the funny stories about them their lives and the things they got up to, so some humour in death is good. Tony just needs to edit more and up his game.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 22, 2018, 02:13:45 PM
I would be a huge supporter of Tony, the reverse in fact. But in the case of this thread I don't think he is disrespectful, but as I've said before his humour isn't great. That said the Linger comment and the Do you have to response made me smile. Death is serious enough you gotta laugh sometimes. My fondest memories of my parents wakes were the funny stories about them their lives and the things they got up to, so some humour in death is good. Tony just needs to edit more and up his game.

or do one and give us all peace.

magpie seanie

Loved Jimmy Armfield on co-commentary on 5live or before that BBC Radio 2. Great knowledge of the game and completely unbiased. You realised he genuinely loved it. Many the evening he'd have been commentating on games with me listening in my room supposed to be doing my homework. Seemed a real gent.