Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SillyAsFaugh on July 20, 2018, 01:57:27 PM
Couldnt make it to Creggan on Wednesday night to watch Carey so went to the Armoy and Randalstown game.

Do referees under go fitness tests? Dont think I have seen worse...

Sure if they aint fit then they are blind and if they are fit and can see then they are cheats! Ya couldnt make it up, new course starts after Xmas,  ;)

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Do you not know the 11th commandment?

Though shalt not slag off referees in the vicinity of MR or you will face his wrath ;D

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 20, 2018, 03:56:23 PM

Though shalt not slag off referees in the vicinity of MR or you will face his wrath ;D

For once and only once. I'll agree with MR2.. The county is crying out for refs so all help would be greatly appreciated I'm sure.

Milltown Row2

Coming on a public forum and questioning a man giving up his time and the mans fitness is not on, I don't know the poster that did, he hides behind the keyboard, he could probably do with a fitness test himself  ;D

But to answer it, yes beep test is mandatory and rules test pass required for championship games
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile an tuaigh

I've turned my hand to referring myself.  Always thought I could do a good job. But it's not that simple.  Some qualities that help a ref is being able to keep up with the play and being a hurler also.

If you were to implement the rules by the book the game would very quickly be a match of frees. The rules in hurling are mere guide lines per say and not supposed to be enforced every time. The trick is to make sure you give the players justice in the moment. Some times you can get lucky depending on the personality your dealing with.

Explaining to players why you made a decision is good for communication. I often tell players if they are getting too feisty the cards are coming out.

In most instances if you approach the game honestly try your best players appreciate that.

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: SillyAsFaugh on July 20, 2018, 01:57:27 PM
Couldnt make it to Creggan on Wednesday night to watch Carey so went to the Armoy and Randalstown game.

Do referees under go fitness tests? Dont think I have seen worse...

Sign up then & give it a lash. Some of us on here either did our bit, or are doing it. Not quite as easy when you're out in the middle as it looks when you're hanging over the fence. But, rather than sound off, contribute something.

SillyAsFaugh

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 20, 2018, 06:38:46 PM

Coming on a public forum and questioning a man giving up his time and the mans fitness is not on, I don't know the poster that did, he hides behind the keyboard, he could probably do with a fitness test himself  ;D

But to answer it, yes beep test is mandatory and rules test pass required for championship games

I'm sure I could stand on the 65 for an hour, not much else to it

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SillyAsFaugh on July 22, 2018, 04:53:18 PM

Well then, put your name forward, I'll get ya through the beep test

playwiththewind1st

Get your name down quick, then - sounds like you're so good, you're already in line for a county final this season, at least. I predict great things for you.

SillyAsFaugh

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on July 22, 2018, 07:43:06 PM

Get your name down quick, then - sounds like you're so good, you're already in line for a county final this season, at least. I predict great things for you.

That's not enough time to grow a stomach to my knees like some of the others.

playwiththewind1st

Ya have to put up with that much crap during the game, you feckin need a drink afterwards. If you're really good, people post about your performance on here as well. Then you have really arrived!

paddyjohn

Quote from: SillyAsFaugh on July 22, 2018, 08:38:55 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on July 22, 2018, 07:43:06 PM

That's not enough time to grow a stomach to my knees like some of the others.

Quit being a d**k.

Na Glinntí Glasa

everyone likes to moan about refs, its the standard excuse for the short fallings in your own team! lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Sweeper 123

Dunloy v Cdall tonight an interesting game - sun shining might head to it; Be nice if both were near full strength

Shams travelling to Johnnies - Johnnies going well, could get a win ???

imtommygunn

Draw in johnnies loughgiel. Updates made it sound interresting.

I don't see a cushendall dunloy result? Portaferry hammered rossa who seem a bit off the pace at the minute.