Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GlenMan on December 17, 2019, 04:26:39 PM
Quote from: OurKid 2.0 on December 17, 2019, 04:23:31 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on December 17, 2019, 04:11:44 PM
Quote from: arkle on December 17, 2019, 03:03:19 PM
I thought Carrickmore deserved their win although Dungannon never showed on the day and were missing two senior players Oran Mallon and Naoise Martin. Two evenly matched teams who should both be in the mix again next year, hopefully run off before black eye friday 2020.
Carrickmore where missing 2 senior players in Tiarnan Murray and Oran McKee plus their County u20 from last year wasn't fit to play the second half due illness.  Someone telling me on Saturday night that only 2 of our starting team on Saturday is over age next year.
Hearing only for the referee carrickmore wouldn't have won

The Referee that sent three Carrickmore players off?

;D :o

Pearse Blue

I thought Carrickmore deserved their win although Dungannon never showed on the day and were missing two senior players Oran Mallon and Naoise Martin. Two evenly matched teams who should both be in the mix again next year, hopefully run off before black eye friday 2020.
Carrickmore where missing 2 senior players in Tiarnan Murray and Oran McKee plus their County u20 from last year wasn't fit to play the second half due illness.  Someone telling me on Saturday night that only 2 of our starting team on Saturday is over age next year.

Away back into hibernation there Ourkid, it will be a long winter for you with nothing to stir

OurKid 2.0

As i said what i have heard wasn't at the game myself however was a former Carrickmore and Tyrone player who told me it

arkle

[/quote]

Think Dungannon only losing a few as well, big help for carrickmore that ryan daly knows most decent young players in the county , strengths and weaknesses.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: Pearse Blue on December 17, 2019, 04:00:36 PM
Quote from: The_Slug on December 17, 2019, 02:33:24 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on December 17, 2019, 11:48:52 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on December 17, 2019, 11:39:14 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on December 17, 2019, 11:25:35 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on December 17, 2019, 10:04:31 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on December 17, 2019, 09:50:27 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on December 17, 2019, 09:39:21 AM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 16, 2019, 04:31:58 PM
Why would they not have been favoured?
They won the minor championship and league at the same age group and so many of them have senior experience.
I would have been disappointed had we not won it.
Who are the ones who have a lot of senior experience? Excluding Monroe & Daly, I can't think of any more really?

Sean Donnelly, Ruairi Slane, and Tiarnan Murray all have a lot of senior experience although Wee Roddy didn't mention the words a lot.  James McGurk, Rory Donnelly, Lorcan McBride, Ciaran Cuddy, Oran Mckee, Conor Loughran have all got senior football at some stage this past couple of years.
Talk sense, most of them lads haven't played 60 minutes. Tiarnan Murray probably the most experience in that list. Should Carrickmore not be giving these men more chances in the seniors and maybe build a bit of consistency in the league
7 of them have played more than 60 minutes.  You keep to your intermediate football. We seen the standard that is when quite a few of starters from Galbally met us in the u21s.  A new county player limping off after 20 minutes holding his hamstring after getting a roasting by a 17 year old cub.  Then reappeared for the second half with his hamstring mended.  Quite embarrassing.
The same 17 year old cub probably won't get a crack at the whip because the over 40s on your team refuse to move on, and nobody has the balls to drop them because they won an all ireland or two 10-15 years ago.

Oh, don't you worry, the 17 year cub will be getting crack at it.  We can rebuild without dropping to intermediate football.

there will be some craic on here when yous play in the league and them two men get to mark each other again  :o

as for the comment about the over 40s... I would dare to say that gormley and penrose would start for a majority of D1 teams, im guessing a lot of people on here would agree
Not a chance, wouldnt make it on any team in the top 8 or 9. Carmen can keepem

Disagree here, maybe top 2/3 teams but Penrose and Gormley would still get on a majority of teams, Outside of Murray then Gormley and Penrose are Carmens 2 most influencial players maybe with Mickey Donaghy also, we all seen that in there championship games this season, Penrose was a level above everyone in the Edendork game except maybe McCurry who hit a bagful, without those 2 men then Carmen would be in a dog fight to stay up! Personally id love to see them play their young fella to end the argument, don't get me wrong, great young players but just not near ready yet for senior football, experience is massive at the highest level

Tyrone95

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on December 18, 2019, 08:12:28 AM
They won the minor championship and league at the same age group and so many of them have senior experience.
Who are the ones who have a lot of senior experience? Excluding Monroe & Daly, I can't think of any more really?

Sean Donnelly, Ruairi Slane, and Tiarnan Murray all have a lot of senior experience although Wee Roddy didn't mention the words a lot.  James McGurk, Rory Donnelly, Lorcan McBride, Ciaran Cuddy, Oran Mckee, Conor Loughran have all got senior football at some stage this past couple of years.
Talk sense, most of them lads haven't played 60 minutes. Tiarnan Murray probably the most experience in that list. Should Carrickmore not be giving these men more chances in the seniors and maybe build a bit of consistency in the league
7 of them have played more than 60 minutes.  You keep to your intermediate football. We seen the standard that is when quite a few of starters from Galbally met us in the u21s.  A new county player limping off after 20 minutes holding his hamstring after getting a roasting by a 17 year old cub.  Then reappeared for the second half with his hamstring mended.  Quite embarrassing.
The same 17 year old cub probably won't get a crack at the whip because the over 40s on your team refuse to move on, and nobody has the balls to drop them because they won an all ireland or two 10-15 years ago.

Oh, don't you worry, the 17 year cub will be getting crack at it.  We can rebuild without dropping to intermediate football.

there will be some craic on here when yous play in the league and them two men get to mark each other again  :o

as for the comment about the over 40s... I would dare to say that gormley and penrose would start for a majority of D1 teams, im guessing a lot of people on here would agree

Disagree here, maybe top 2/3 teams but Penrose and Gormley would still get on a majority of teams, Outside of Murray then Gormley and Penrose are Carmens 2 most influencial players maybe with Mickey Donaghy also, we all seen that in there championship games this season, Penrose was a level above everyone in the Edendork game except maybe McCurry who hit a bagful, without those 2 men then Carmen would be in a dog fight to stay up! Personally id love to see them play their young fella to end the argument, don't get me wrong, great young players but just not near ready yet for senior football, experience is massive at the highest level

Totally agree.. however Division one this year may see several teams fielding young(ish) sides - Galbally, Loughmacrory, Carmen, killyclogher, Dromore

valley19

Martin McConnell appointed as new Loughmacrory manger/trainer.

W.A.G. Lover

Quote from: valley19 on December 18, 2019, 10:29:06 AM

What happened the 2019 Loughmacrory management/coaching set-up?

W.A.G. Lover

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 17, 2019, 10:43:40 AM
Quote from: WT4E on December 17, 2019, 09:28:39 AM
Senior

Ardboe: Fabian Muldoon
Carrickmore: Ryan Daly
Clonoe: Stephen McDonnell
Coalisland: Damien O'Hagan
Derrylaughan: Kevin Coary
Donaghmore: John Rafferty
Dromore: Colm McCullagh
Dungannon: Collie Holmes
Errigal Ciaran: Johnny McBride
Galbally: John Moylan
Killyclogher:
Loughmacrory: Martin McConnell (Coach?)
Moy: Sean Cavanagh
Omagh: Carl McCabe
Pomeroy: Brian McGuckin
Trillick: Nigel Seaney & Liam Donnelly

Intermediate

Aghaloo: Micky Donnelly
Aghyaran:
Augher: Padraig O'Kane
Beragh: Ryan McCloskey
Clogher:
Edendork: Lorcan Martin
Eglish: Matthew McGleenan
Gortin: Cormac McGlinley
Greencastle: Sean Teague
Moortown: Stephen McHugh & Stephen Ferguson
Naomh Eoghan: Conor Gormley (Training Role only i believe.
Owen Roes: Barry Tracey
Rock: Martin Hackett
Stewartstown: Fergal Logan
Strabane:
T***yreagh:Martin McNulty

Junior

Brackaville: Justin Corr
Brocagh:John McGuckin
Castlederg:
Clann na nGael:
Cookstown Brian Mulligan, Mickey Rea
Derrytresk: Paul Hughes
Drumquin:
Drumragh:
Errigal Ciaran Thirds:
Eskra: Gerry Donnelly
Fintona:
Glenelly: Dermot Corry
Kildress: Roger Keenan
Killeeshil:
Killyman:
Urney:

Any updates on the list? Are there any above that aren't correct?

valley19

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on December 18, 2019, 11:45:24 AM

What happened the 2019 Loughmacrory management/coaching set-up?

Unsure. Sean McCaughey also confirmed as Clogher manager.

BIGONE

Senior

Ardboe: Fabian Muldoon
Carrickmore: Ryan Daly
Clonoe: Stephen McDonnell
Coalisland: Damien O'Hagan
Derrylaughan: Kevin Coary
Donaghmore: John Rafferty
Dromore: Colm McCullagh
Dungannon: Collie Holmes
Errigal Ciaran: Johnny McBride
Galbally: John Moylan
Killyclogher:
Loughmacrory: Martin McConnell (Coach?)
Moy: Sean Cavanagh
Omagh: Carl McCabe
Pomeroy: Brian McGuckin
Trillick: Nigel Seaney & Liam Donnelly

Intermediate

Aghaloo: Micky Donnelly
Aghyaran:
Augher: Padraig O'Kane
Beragh: Ryan McCloskey
Clogher: Sean McCaughey
Edendork: Lorcan Martin
Eglish: Matthew McGleenan
Gortin: Cormac McGlinley
Greencastle: Sean Teague
Moortown: Stephen McHugh & Stephen Ferguson
Naomh Eoghan: Conor Gormley (Training Role only i believe.
Owen Roes: Barry Tracey
Rock: Martin Hackett
Stewartstown: Fergal Logan
Strabane:
T***yreagh:Martin McNulty

Junior

Brackaville: Justin Corr
Brocagh:John McGuckin
Castlederg:
Clann na nGael:
Cookstown Brian Mulligan, Mickey Rea
Derrytresk: Paul Hughes
Drumquin:
Drumragh:
Errigal Ciaran Thirds:
Eskra: Gerry Donnelly
Fintona:
Glenelly: Dermot Corry
Kildress: Roger Keenan
Killeeshil:
Killyman: Declan Treanor
Urney:

Any updates on the list? Are there any above that aren't correct?

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyrone95 on December 18, 2019, 08:45:16 AM

Totally agree.. however Division one this year may see several teams fielding young(ish) sides - Galbally, Loughmacrory, Carmen, killyclogher, Dromore

If this had of come from someone from a club that played senior football this year I might have took heed.  I fear Galbally is in for a rude awakening this year.

on the sideline

As in Skinno's brother?

Micky_mouse

Quote from: The Golden Years on December 18, 2019, 12:48:46 PM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on December 18, 2019, 08:45:16 AM

If this had of come from someone from a club that played senior football this year I might have took heed.  I fear Galbally is in for a rude awakening this year.

I agree, they had there intermediate fun look forward to seeing them get beat on the regular again.

valley19