Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 10, 2020, 09:22:47 PM
https://twitter.com/tarlynch43/status/1259564767393579009?s=09

:o

Anybody really surprised?

The amount of so-called 'nationalists' who use the term 'northern ireland' (omg, did I actually write that) is unreal.  It's normal among 'nationalists' in the 6 counties these days.

Personally, I blame the grammar schools.

redzone

Quote from: hardstation on May 10, 2020, 09:50:02 PM
Quote from: marty34 on May 10, 2020, 09:33:39 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on May 10, 2020, 09:22:47 PM
https://twitter.com/tarlynch43/status/1259564767393579009?s=09

:o

Anybody really surprised?

The amount of so-called 'nationalists' who use the term 'northern ireland' (omg, did I actually write that) is unreal.  It's normal among 'nationalists' in the 6 counties these days.

Personally, I blame the grammar schools.
Interesting......Go on.
If you look on strava you would be amazed how many so called nationalists have Northern Ireland as their location

quit yo jibbajabba

Strava. Grammar schools. This has potential

RedHand88

Angelo

Cavanagh loves the sound of his own voice. A great player, easily top 5 of the best Tyrone have produced but I'd have a big problem with his conduct and action in his media roles since retiring.

I thought it was extremely petty the pot shots he was having at Harte a few months after he hung up the boots. Harte was still over the team and the only purpose of those comments were to undermine the manager.

Even his own clubman and ex teammate called Cavanagh out on it.

Sean Cavanagh will always look out for the interests of Sean Cavanagh. I find it very hard to warm to him.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on May 11, 2020, 07:54:06 AM
Cavanagh loves the sound of his own voice. A great player, easily top 5 of the best Tyrone have produced but I'd have a big problem with his conduct and action in his media roles since retiring.

I thought it was extremely petty the pot shots he was having at Harte a few months after he hung up the boots. Harte was still over the team and the only purpose of those comments were to undermine the manager.

Sean Cavanagh will always look out for the interests of Sean Cavanagh.
I find it very hard to warm to him.

Moy should have washed their hands of him when he went to RTE instead of taking their Senior Team on an occasion when they couldn't get a game shifted last year.

The whole didn't know the song Black and Tans was a nonsense from him at one stage there too, the brother on the bus too. No comment would be a good one for Sean.

You could go on. Whats the point. He's been seen for what he is now anyway.

trailer

Some people really need to out more. Classy to see the SF brigade get stuck into him straight away. Obviously as the judges of what is and isn't Irish you would expect nothing else.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 11, 2020, 09:47:21 AM

Moy should have washed their hands of him when he went to RTE instead of taking their Senior Team on an occasion when they couldn't get a game shifted last year.

The whole didn't know the song Black and Tans was a nonsense from him at one stage there too, the brother on the bus too. No comment would be a good one for Sean.

That first bit is a really really stupid argument. How many 36 year old club footballers is there in the county? Very few because most have retired due to work and family commitments. So you want the moy to get rid of one still playing (and one of top scorers in county last year) because he missed one league game to fulfil a contract probably worth thousands of pounds over the season (and lot more long term)? Do you really think that would be wise? And do you think clubs should wash their hands of other men who retire due to work commitments?

I do think he put his point across wrongly on that podcast and I personally wouldn't have said it but his point was hundred per cent correct. Whether we like it or not we have different laws to the south.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on May 11, 2020, 01:15:50 PM

That first bit is a really really stupid argument. How many 36 year old club footballers is there in the county? Very few because most have retired due to work and family commitments. So you want the moy to get rid of one still playing (and one of top scorers in county last year) because he missed one league game to fulfil a contract probably worth thousands of pounds over the season (and lot more long term)? Do you really think that would be wise? And do you think clubs should wash their hands of other men who retire due to work commitments?

I do think he put his point across wrongly on that podcast and I personally wouldn't have said it but his point was hundred per cent correct. Whether we like it or not we have different laws to the south.

Sean Cavanagh was player manager of Moy last year.

Tyrone Dreamer

No he wasn't. He is this year though. Not many ex county men managing there own club, most away getting paid elsewhere. Even fewer doing player manager.

trailer

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 11, 2020, 02:12:47 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on May 11, 2020, 01:15:50 PM

Sean Cavanagh was player manager of Moy last year.

More brains in a false face.

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on May 11, 2020, 10:08:25 AM
Some people really need to out more. Classy to see the SF brigade get stuck into him straight away. Obviously as the judges of what is and isn't Irish you would expect nothing else.

If Gregory Campbell or Jim Allister said "up here in the UK" with reference to GAA lockdown rules they'd be labelled as petty. You and all the rest of the SDLP would rightfully be criticising it.

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 11, 2020, 07:33:30 PM

If Gregory Campbell or Jim Allister said "up here in the UK" with reference to GAA lockdown rules they'd be labelled as petty. You and all the rest of the SDLP would rightfully be criticising it.

No I wouldn't because I'm not a f**king republican Sinn Fein zealot.

GJL

Quote from: trailer on May 11, 2020, 07:53:22 PM

Does adding "f**king" into your sentence make it more relevant?

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GJL on May 11, 2020, 09:27:33 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 11, 2020, 07:53:22 PM

Does adding "f**king" into your sentence make it more relevant?

He's been doing everything in his power to be irrelevant on reading those visionary posts in the coronavirus thread.