Laois U20 Championship

Started by The Monument Road, October 06, 2019, 11:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyser Söze

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Silkyskillssunshinee

Any more developments on the rumour that started around here that Eddie Kinsella is new U-20 manager? If it's true I think that it is a solid appointment. Kinsella was involved with St Paul's for many years and would know the underage scene well.

He's also helped a talented crop of Courtwood youngsters develop into potential inter-county footballers, with Niall Dunne being the prime example.

les Antiques

This whole scenario is baffling. 

Blow-in

And I see Donie Brennan is the new laois ladies manager which makes everything even more baffling

Jd

Sean O Shea gone to u14s I heard

Pure Ball

Any truth in it that Bates has the u15s up to play the Fr. Manning??  Surely he knows these lads inside out and should be using this competition to see the u16s in action, he only seems interested in the u15s when realistically only a few should make the minor panel. Be interesting to see how it plays out if this is true.

thegreeenandgold

So Noel Coss and apparently Killian Fitzpatrick applied for the Minor Manager Job, both were not given the job but were both offered selector roles with Mark Bates.  Both are extremely annoyed as people off their applications were then contacted and asked to be part of Mark Bates management team.  It seems that the Job was never open to anyone but Mark Bates who was last years Laois U15 manager after being unable to get the Minor Managers Job in Thomas Davis.  This is what I am led to believe and unsure if this is true or not.

Eddie is supposedly being messed about with the U20 job being put on hold, while they ask other candidates if they are interested before reverting to Eddie if they can get no one else.

GoZonal66

You are correct Green and Gold. Bates could not get the minor job in his own club.

Bates was a part of an u14 Thomas Davis team that he stayed with until they got to minor 2016- 2018. This was his first venture into coaching.

Johnny Jackson was the manager and coach of that team. Bates, like he currently does with the Davis Senior team, was in charge of the water bottles.

Thomas Davis have more sense than let him near coaching a team.

Laois GAA on the other hand were stuck for mentors for Development squads and that's how he got in with Laois in the first place.

This buffer has now by passed two very experienced and successful coaches in Noel Coss and Cillian  Fitzpatrick.

Mike Henhcy and Laurence Phelan have a lot to answer for.

The corrupt nature of this shambolic appointment will surly put Laois based coaches off working with Laois GAA going forward.

As I said previously i really feel that the players have been let down with this appointment.

town1980

Who is the gdas boss is he a laois man..? But sure we have know one qualified In all of laois to do this job it's a disgrace Sean Dempsey isn't head off this department like everything in gaa it's all underhanded

Chrimtain

Quote from: town1980 on October 17, 2019, 10:16:56 PM
Who is the gdas boss is he a laois man..? But sure we have know one qualified In all of laois to do this job it's a disgrace Sean Dempsey isn't head off this department like everything in gaa it's all underhanded

Really, you should learn how to put a coherent sentence together. Otherwise you are just wasting everybody's time. I guess you must have gone to school in Athy.

Helix.

Quote from: GoZonal66 on October 17, 2019, 07:57:40 PM
You are correct Green and Gold. Bates could not get the minor job in his own club.

Bates was a part of an u14 Thomas Davis team that he stayed with until they got to minor 2016- 2018. This was his first venture into coaching.

Johnny Jackson was the manager and coach of that team. Bates, like he currently does with the Davis Senior team, was in charge of the water bottles.

Thomas Davis have more sense than let him near coaching a team.

Laois GAA on the other hand were stuck for mentors for Development squads and that's how he got in with Laois in the first place.

This buffer has now by passed two very experienced and successful coaches in Noel Coss and Cillian  Fitzpatrick.

Mike Henhcy and Laurence Phelan have a lot to answer for.

The corrupt nature of this shambolic appointment will surly put Laois based coaches off working with Laois GAA going forward.

As I said previously i really feel that the players have been let down with this appointment.

It seems to be a right mess with this particular appointment, especially  if Killian Fitzpatrick went for job after his exploits with Ballyfin and years coaching in CBS Portlaoise would have more than enough experience. The minimum standards Bates should have for inter county should be GAA award Level 2 at the very least. If that isn't the case then whoever appointed him should be shown the door.

I hope the 17s and any age group in the county at both codes has the best resources to meet their potential. We can't afford for our best talent to be in the wrong hands. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised but have my reservations at the moment.

SCFC

Think I'll try get this thread back on topic.
Portlaoise hammered SPG with their seniors back Friday night.
And two of the favourites Courtwood Emo and Port met yesterday. Decent game with a lot of county players on view. Goals either side of half time won it for Courtwood Emo. Owens got a cracking goal just after half time.

BobbyBoucherJr

Ratheniska hammered sarsfields yesterday, apparently jack priestley and Sean O'Neill didnt play with sarsfields. They opted to play with the divisional side instead. U20 players shouldn't be selected for the divisional games while the u20 championship is on.

Laoiseabu

Quote from: BobbyBoucherJr on October 20, 2019, 07:32:43 PM
Ratheniska hammered sarsfields yesterday, apparently jack priestley and Sean O'Neill didnt play with sarsfields. They opted to play with the divisional side instead. U20 players shouldn't be selected for the divisional games while the u20 championship is on.
If this is true it is nothing short of a farce