Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

Tenerife booked leaving next Sunday,a full 14 years since my last visit to the resort!

foxcommander

Quote from: 50fiftyball on June 05, 2015, 04:44:42 PM
Cheers for all the info, will book flights & hotel tonight. Final bit of advice  -

Can get Sun 5th-Sun 12th for £580 flights - must be a one-off. Is this enough 7 days? I don't want to take it just cause its cheap if we'd be better with 8/9/10 days max (all I can afford). But for even 1 day extra it'll cost me £700 flights..

Regards the hotels - obviously want to be centre strip close to the action, we're both in our early twenties!
I've narrowed it to - Excalibur, Harrah's, LINQ, Westin, Flamingo, Monte Carlo, could push the boat out for New York New York or Polo Towers.. but is it needed for 2 lads ?

if you're on the hunt for birds get a hotel with good reviews for the pool. Depends if you're after young ones or blue rinses ;)
I was in Treasure Island in 2013 - scenery was so-so. I've heard good things about caesars.
MGM a few years back wasn't bad - lazy river was awesome.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

JimStynes

Quote from: 50fiftyball on June 05, 2015, 04:44:42 PM
Cheers for all the info, will book flights & hotel tonight. Final bit of advice  -

Can get Sun 5th-Sun 12th for £580 flights - must be a one-off. Is this enough 7 days? I don't want to take it just cause its cheap if we'd be better with 8/9/10 days max (all I can afford). But for even 1 day extra it'll cost me £700 flights..

Regards the hotels - obviously want to be centre strip close to the action, we're both in our early twenties!
I've narrowed it to - Excalibur, Harrah's, LINQ, Westin, Flamingo, Monte Carlo, could push the boat out for New York New York or Polo Towers.. but is it needed for 2 lads ?

For a bunch of lads, if you could afford Cosmo, Wynn or Encore then go for those ones.

Aria is usually cheap enough and it is right in the middle of the strip as well. MGM is up at the top but not that much hassle really as you can spend a good bit of time around their facilities. Cracking pools and Wet Republic is there as well. To be honest I would stay away from those hotels you mentioned.

AZOffaly

Does the monorail still run lads? That was handy for MGM.

50fiftyball

AZ I think it does yeah. http://www.lasvegasmaps.com/strip_map2014.gif

Right I'll tell you within my budget I've narrowed to these options - NY NY, Paris would be pushing the boat out £100 extra for overall stay, or else Harrah's, Linq or Monte Carlo all coming in the same price, fair bit less than Paris or NY NY.

Would the 7 days be grand for first time? Or would be worth the extra £150 or so in flights to stay for 8-10 days. 7 could be plenty but I've just always thought when flying across the Atlantic on 10hr flight (at least) it's short-ish!

JimStynes

If you're on a tight budget then 7 is plenty. It's very expensive to go out in Vegas. You'll spend a fortune but it'll be worth it.

And Paris is more central on the strip than the others. Did you not check out the price for Aria?

JoG2

Harrahs  is the mid strip hotel which is prob best value and the mono stops right beside it. Hash house a go go is there so you can try the Man v Food breakfast :-)

Rois

I stayed in NY NY, it was grand, the duelling (sp?) pianos and 9 Fine Irishmen pubs were good fun in the hotel. Pool wasn't great compared to other pools I'd seen, the roller coaster rolls past overhead every few minutes and is quite loud.

bennydorano

Driving from Armagh to Tralee area in a few weeks, where would be a good stop for breakfast on the Dublin to Kerry leg? Motorway route.

Mikhailov

Quote from: bennydorano on June 06, 2015, 07:39:49 PM
Driving from Armagh to Tralee area in a few weeks, where would be a good stop for breakfast on the Dublin to Kerry leg? Motorway route.

The Obama plaza about 1/2 way between Dublin & Limerick is a great spot with several different eating spots in it

bennydorano

Cheers, looks ideal.

5 Sams

Quote from: Mikhailov on June 06, 2015, 07:53:44 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 06, 2015, 07:39:49 PM

The Obama plaza about 1/2 way between Dublin & Limerick is a great spot with several different eating spots in it
ea

+1. Good spot. Nowhere else apart from Mickey D's in Roscrea.
The Aristocrat Years

50fiftyball

Booked MGM queen room for 7 nights in July, happen to be there during mcgregor fight. Unreal stuff.

blewuporstuffed

Anyone any suggestions for a good winter sun holiday in Novermber /december?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Quote from: 50fiftyball on June 08, 2015, 01:14:38 AM
Booked MGM queen room for 7 nights in July, happen to be there during mcgregor fight. Unreal stuff.

Jammy Bastard.Going to Vegas I mean, not the McGregor fight.