Gardening

Started by 118cmal, June 25, 2010, 02:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: markl121 on May 20, 2023, 11:37:43 AM
Anyone any tips on cleaning pavia without a powerhouse? Or is the hose essential. Basically my back yard runs at a slope and will run away down all the other houses if I hose it so would need someone else with me brushing constantly to stop it, but if need be I may have to do that.
Red Label is a great job, it's hydrochloric acid so you you need to be careful. I bought a good quality napsack from Fane Valley, walk round spraying it is a very quick way of cleaning it up, unless your pavers are in a bad way no need 4 powerhosing.

trueblue1234

Quote from: bennydorano on May 20, 2023, 03:53:29 PM
Anyone any tips on cleaning pavia without a powerhouse? Or is the hose essential. Basically my back yard runs at a slope and will run away down all the other houses if I hose it so would need someone else with me brushing constantly to stop it, but if need be I may have to do that.
Red Label is a great job, it's hydrochloric acid so you you need to be careful. I bought a good quality napsack from Fane Valley, walk round spraying it is a very quick way of cleaning it up, unless your pavers are in a bad way no need 4 powerhosing.
Aye you need a good quality one to spray Hydrochloric, it'll wreck the cheaper sprayers. And be sure to rinse out well straight after.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Main Street

Quote from: trueblue1234 on May 20, 2023, 05:07:29 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 20, 2023, 03:53:29 PM
Aye you need a good quality one to spray Hydrochloric, it'll wreck the cheaper sprayers. And be sure to rinse out well straight after.
So, if it has to be rinsed well afterwards (perhaps with a power hose  :))  and then the rinse water complete with hydrochloric acid runs off down the slope towards the other houses. Would it not be more 'hygienic' just to use the power hose  and have  the neighbors just a bit damp  instead of being burned to the bone and not be possibly charged with  petslaughter?

Milltown Row2

Hydrochloric acid is grand if you are careful with it, once well rinsed it's safe enough, dilute it properly also. Just don't put it on with your good shoes or jeans
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

markl121

ah jaysus might just get a powerhouse

Main Street

Quote from: markl121 on May 23, 2023, 11:03:47 PM
ah jaysus might just get a powerhouse

140 bar. with patio cleaner brush attachment

bennydorano

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 19, 2023, 11:23:25 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 19, 2023, 11:17:18 AM
Cheers, that CLR looks the job but I'd need a barrel,  have you used it? Looking online it's American and not available locally atm.

Have been reading about various wives tales remedies, Coca cola, lemon water, vinegar
https://www.screwfix.com/p/zep-calcium-lime-rust-stain-remover-1ltr/8679f

Get it in Armagh.
Thinned it out a bit maybe, but not a success overall. Ferrex next on the list

trueblue1234

I used some Autoglym Magna - https://www.autoglym.com/magma
On an iron stain on tar. Helped a bit but not completely. But was the best out of the stuff I tried. Not cheap tho!!
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on May 24, 2023, 09:40:23 AM
Cheers, that CLR looks the job but I'd need a barrel,  have you used it? Looking online it's American and not available locally atm.

Have been reading about various wives tales remedies, Coca cola, lemon water, vinegar

Get it in Armagh.
Send me the invoice.

grounded

Quote from: bennydorano on May 24, 2023, 09:40:23 AM

Get it in Armagh.

The ferrex definitely worked for me on concrete. It costs a fortune and ended up buying a few bottles of it to complete the job. The half of mine was wasted while pouring it onto the areas affected from the bottle. Maybe think about refilling a cheap household sprayer and applying it that way? I
   Prevention is definitely better than the cure in this instance!