2018 Joe McDonagh Cup

Started by Mossy Bruce, March 20, 2018, 11:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LooseCannon

Quote from: Goku on June 11, 2018, 11:21:59 PM
Think Arien has to be the favorite, Highly rated up in Camross, passionate Laois man and might even get a few of the Camross lads back on board.
I hear that he has a serious passion for money, and is a bit of a slippery fish.

http://www.uibhfhaili.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7117

Don Draper

Quote from: LooseCannon on June 12, 2018, 08:35:52 AM
Think Arien has to be the favorite, Highly rated up in Camross, passionate Laois man and might even get a few of the Camross lads back on board.
I hear that he has a serious passion for money, and is a bit of a slippery fish.

Slandering Arien again? You seem to have an issue with him.

Unlaoised

Poor season comes to an end with giving Meath and awful hammering why this form couldn't be repeated in them other games is just minding blowing...

The Carlow and Westmeath defeats were as bad as I seen in O'Moore park.

We should be in a final playing before Killkenny and Galway what a great occasion that would have been for Laois hurling! >:(
LAOIS ABÚ

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Tobias on June 12, 2018, 04:24:33 AM
I think Cheddar should certainly be heading up the hunt for a new Manager but I don't think he should be the new manager. He was there for a few years and he was with the minors before that so someone with a slightly different approach and a new voice might be a wiser option.
Id love to see him try again with his blueprint for Laois hurling and for the Co board to realize their mistake and support Cheddars long term plan. He could also form part of the backroom team for the senior hurlers surveying things in the background, he would pick up on things and think outside the box in terms of drumming up interest in hurling, promoting it, planning the financial side of things.

This probably sounds harsh or unfair but I don't think the current panel are good enough to get us to where we want to go - that being able to compete in the leinster championship proper against Kilkenny and Wexford etc. They are good enough to win the McDonagh cup alright but are we happy with that? No is the answer to that so that's why I feel a long term plan should be foremost for the County board to develop Laois hurling.

The blueprint AND money from Croke Park to implement it. If CP are serious about the lesser counties, they need to back it. Stop doping Dublin and start sharing that €1.4m amongst other counties who actually need it now.

Cheddar's a smart man, so I'm sure the blueprint has been costed. Let Croke Park pay for it and see if it starts to bear fruit in 4/5/6 years time. I remember Cheddar on the radio a few years back, after we had just rattled Galway's cage, looking for funding and a Dub came on representing CP saying that there were finite resources available.

This in a period when Dublin has received €16.5m in funding, while the next nearest county has received less than €1m. It's a f**king disgrace what those c*nts have done to the organisation and it appears they won't stop until Dublin are winning All Ireland doubles for fun.

Look at the blueprint and get the c*nts in their ivory tower to stop telling us to eat cake and put their money with their big f**king mouths are.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Don Draper on June 12, 2018, 09:59:26 AM
Quote from: LooseCannon on June 12, 2018, 08:35:52 AM

Slandering Arien again? You seem to have an issue with him.
That's just what the lads on uibhfhaili.com said. I'm simply relaying it, hence the link.

clonadmad

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on June 12, 2018, 12:29:27 PM
Quote from: Tobias on June 12, 2018, 04:24:33 AM
I think Cheddar should certainly be heading up the hunt for a new Manager but I don't think he should be the new manager. He was there for a few years and he was with the minors before that so someone with a slightly different approach and a new voice might be a wiser option.
Id love to see him try again with his blueprint for Laois hurling and for the Co board to realize their mistake and support Cheddars long term plan. He could also form part of the backroom team for the senior hurlers surveying things in the background, he would pick up on things and think outside the box in terms of drumming up interest in hurling, promoting it, planning the financial side of things.

This probably sounds harsh or unfair but I don't think the current panel are good enough to get us to where we want to go - that being able to compete in the leinster championship proper against Kilkenny and Wexford etc. They are good enough to win the McDonagh cup alright but are we happy with that? No is the answer to that so that's why I feel a long term plan should be foremost for the County board to develop Laois hurling.

The blueprint AND money from Croke Park to implement it. If CP are serious about the lesser counties, they need to back it. Stop doping Dublin and start sharing that €1.4m amongst other counties who actually need it now.

Cheddar's a smart man, so I'm sure the blueprint has been costed. Let Croke Park pay for it and see if it starts to bear fruit in 4/5/6 years time. I remember Cheddar on the radio a few years back, after we had just rattled Galway's cage, looking for funding and a Dub came on representing CP saying that there were finite resources available.

This in a period when Dublin has received €16.5m in funding, while the next nearest county has received less than €1m. It's a f**king disgrace what those c*nts have done to the organisation and it appears they won't stop until Dublin are winning All Ireland doubles for fun.

Look at the blueprint and get the c*nts in their ivory tower to stop telling us to eat cake and put their money with their big f**king mouths are.

The Laois CB at any time in the past 10 years have not made any approach to Croke Park to get extra funding for hurling within the county.

In actual fact,Belfast received £1m recently for GAA activities nearly despite their own County Board

Often easier to blame the "suits up there" than actually put together a plan and then stay banging on the door till we get what we want.

Cheddars plan (which I would love to see) was scuppered by his own county not by Croke Park.

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on June 12, 2018, 02:15:05 PM

Cheddars plan (which I would love to see) was scuppered by his own county not by Croke Park.
Incorrect. It was scuppered by both.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on June 12, 2018, 02:20:04 PM

Incorrect

It didn't have the backing of the county board and without the backing of the county board,it wasn't going to be taken serious by anyone.

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on June 12, 2018, 03:00:17 PM

Incorrect

It didn't have the backing of the county board and without the backing of the county board,it wasn't going to be taken serious by anyone.
Incorrect again. It was scuppered regardless of backing of CB.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on June 12, 2018, 03:36:59 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on June 12, 2018, 03:00:17 PM

Incorrect

Incorrect again. It was scuppered regardless of backing of CB.

Factually incorrect

There's a process involved,

In its most simplistic form

A County Board sends in a proposal for funding and HQ decides to fund or not,based on the merits of the proposal

there was no application for funding from the Laois CB based on cheddars plan and HQ didn't have to examine the proposal because it didn't receive one.

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on June 12, 2018, 03:51:13 PM
Factually incorrect

There's a process involved,

In its most simplistic form

A County Board sends in a proposal for funding and HQ decides to fund or not,based on the merits of the proposal

there was no application for funding from the Laois CB based on cheddars plan and HQ didn't have to examine the proposal because it didn't receive one.
Sorry you are incorrect once more. The plan moved to Croke Park where it was heard and refused regardless of the LCB involvement, which wasn't forthcoming anyway. This is fact.

clonadmad

If the application for funding was turned down

There would have been a letter saying that it was declined and the reasons why

Let's have sight of the letter then

Giovanni

I don't know the ins and outs of Cheddar's Plan but according to Jack Nolan:

"Two years ago, after huge progress Cheddar Plunkett had a plan for Laois hurling. A Master Plan that would see Laois return to the top table. Planned and costed and with the backing of Croke Park it failed to get the backing of Laois County Board and it and Cheddar were gone.".

You can read the full article here:

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/06/06/jack-nolan-demise-of-laois-hurling-saddens-me-greatly/

I know Jack Nolan is not infallible but I think he knows pretty well what's going on.

blueandwhite1

I think we need to bring in the Lawyers to solve this dispute!

Regardless, there was f*^k all done by the CB. They don't have anywhere near the level of vision and fight that is needed. They burnt out men like Cheddar who would probably run a mile from any offer to come back and lead us into the future.

Even now, they are under little or no pressure. Their statement after Kelly resigned: "We will work right away to a committee to appoint a manager" is the usual faceless, cowardly crap. Code for "sure we didn't appoint Kelly and sure aren't we appointing another group of lads now to blame for the next manager when that doesn't work".

Why aren't the clubs and the hurling men in the county calling for an emergency county convention to find out what went wrong with our minors, U21s and seniors this year? To find out why there is such poor representation on our senior county team from many of our Senior clubs? To find out why our hurling skills and standards are so low?

Nobody is doing anything. If we keep doing the same thing, we won't stand still, we will go backwards.

Mossy Bruce

From Laois Today

"10 potential candidates for the Laois hurling manager's job"
Arien Delaney
Paul Cuddy
Niall Rigney
Diarmuid Mullins
Niall Moran
DJ Carey
Tommy Buggy
Ken Hogan
Anthony Daly
Seamus 'Cheddar' Plunkett

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/06/12/10-potential-candidates-for-the-laois-hurling-managers-job/
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!