Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the goal was on

Tyrone will win this with a bit to spare. Armagh been talked up a lot and yes good performance last week but it took a savage effort from them to beat a tactically niave kildare team. When armagh faced a defensive team ( down second half and westmeath) they have been poor and I expect something similair tommorrow night with the tyrone set up. Easy to kick it in when its 2 v2 in 50 yeards of space but that won't happen tommorrow night and for me we'll see armagh all at sea. Also for all the talk of being a young team donaghey and vernon at back are well into 30's and will find it hard to recover from last week. I think tyrone by 7/8 with a 5 point half time lead.

Gaffer

Quote from: Club boi on August 04, 2017, 02:05:06 PM
Games going to be tight, Tyrone have played nobody with no real tests so far. Beat Donegal and everyone talked about AI, look how bad they turned out to be. Down Poor aswell. Armagh coming in off a run in the qualifiers, cant beat competitive games week in week out, Tyrone last played 3 weeks ago and then went and boxed the head off each other out in Dungannon

Tyrone to scrape by

They werent boxing  each other in Dungannon!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

WT4E

Who where they boxing?

Could Big Oz not handle them???

tothetop03

Not 100 per cent confident we can beat Dublin, But hopefully we can produce the goods on the day which will give us a decent chance,improvement will be needed imo....will be different game pace wise on any game Tyrone will have played in the championship to date and will find out if we have made enough progress to compete with the current All ireland Champions...maybe a year too early but we are making serious ground....

sam03/05

How could anyone be confident of beating Dublin for fk sake. They are in my opinion the greatest team of all time - going for a 5th Sam in seven years. Tyrone had a class team ten years ago and still got chinned the odd time against the likes of Down (08) Derry (06) even in National league semi final against the likes of Laois.
This current Dublin team hardly ever lose, they are an unbelievable team. One major loss to Kerry in a league final and that's about it.
If we were to beat them it would be Mickeys greatest triumph!

BennyHarp

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 07, 2017, 07:28:43 PM
How could anyone be confident of beating Dublin for fk sake. They are in my opinion the greatest team of all time - going for a 5th Sam in seven years. Tyrone had a class team ten years ago and still got chinned the odd time against the likes of Down (08) Derry (06) even in National league semi final against the likes of Laois.
This current Dublin team hardly ever lose, they are an unbelievable team. One major loss to Kerry in a league final and that's about it.

Calm down, they have been the best team in a poor era. Compare a forward line of Cavlan, McGuigan, Dooher, O'Neill, Canavan, Mulligan and not one of the current Dublin forward line would get in. In defence would anyone get in infront of Gormley, Ricey, Jordan or Cormac or Big Joe? Do they have anyone who would get into get into a full forward line of McDonnell, Clarke and McConville? Or Gooch, Star and O'Donoghue? Or Sheehy, Liston, Egan? This team has thrived at a time when preparation and financial differences have created huge gaps between the big counties and the rest. I'd doubt if the current Dublin team would have coped with any of the Armagh, Kerry or Tyrone teams of the mid noughties, never mind Kerry of the 70a and 80s and Dubs of 70s. Let's not forget that 2 ogs bailed them out last year. They are a good team in a poor era - nothing more! We have nothing to fear.
That was never a square ball!!

shawshank

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 07, 2017, 07:41:50 PM

Calm down, they have been the best team in a poor era. Compare a forward line of Cavlan, McGuigan, Dooher, O'Neill, Canavan, Mulligan and not one of the current Dublin forward line would get in. In defence would anyone get in infront of Gormley, Ricey, Jordan or Cormac or Big Joe? Do they have anyone who would get into get into a full forward line of McDonnell, Clarke and McConville? Or Gooch, Star and O'Donoghue? Or Sheehy, Liston, Egan? This team has thrived at a time when preparation and financial differences have created huge gaps between the big counties and the rest. I'd doubt if the current Dublin team would have coped with any of the Armagh, Kerry or Tyrone teams of the mid noughties, never mind Kerry of the 70a and 80s and Dubs of 70s. Let's not forget that 2 ogs bailed them out last year. They are a good team in a poor era - nothing more! We have nothing to fear.

Your head is far up your arse that I can't be bothered putting a constructive arguement against one of the rose tinted coloured posts on this board in a long time :o

ose 14

i wonder if you were picking a combined tyrone dublin team how many tyrone players would get in. i reckon tyrone would get harte in instead of mccaffrey on this years form only. not one other defender cluxton a shoe in. fenton kilkenny  be in the middle. im going to squeeze mattie donnelly in up front at the expense of con o callaghan though i feel o callaghan will be a superstar. thats leaving connolly mccauley flynn brogan and davy byrne as my first 5 subs. 2 0ut of 20. any one want to argue for more?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: ose 14 on August 08, 2017, 07:02:31 AM
i wonder if you were picking a combined tyrone dublin team how many tyrone players would get in. i reckon tyrone would get harte in instead of mccaffrey on this years form only. not one other defender cluxton a shoe in. fenton kilkenny  be in the middle. im going to squeeze mattie donnelly in up front at the expense of con o callaghan though i feel o callaghan will be a superstar. thats leaving connolly mccauley flynn brogan and davy byrne as my first 5 subs. 2 0ut of 20. any one want to argue for more?

Harte, Donnelly, McNamee, McCann, Sudden, Colm Cavanagh and Morgan would all get in for me.

RedHand88

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 08, 2017, 08:25:43 AM

Harte, Donnelly, McNamee, McCann, Sudden, Colm Cavanagh and Morgan would all get in for me.

Colm cav is a contender for footballer of the year. He would walk into the Dublin team.

Ty4Sam

You would just squeeze Donnelly in ahead of O'Callaghan, come on! A double All-Star and you would just squeeze him in at the expense of a young lad just starting out in county football? Colm Cavanagh, Sean Cavanagh, Sludden, Harte, McCann all start in a Dublin team for me. I believe you could argue for Morgan, McCarron, McNamee as well.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Ty4Sam on August 08, 2017, 09:34:33 AM

You would just squeeze Donnelly in ahead of O'Callaghan, come on! A double All-Star and you would just squeeze him in at the expense of a young lad just starting out in county football? Colm Cavanagh, Sean Cavanagh, Sludden, Harte, McCann all start in a Dublin team for me. I believe you could argue for Morgan, McCarron, McNamee as well.

:o

time ticking away

Cuxton
Mc mahon
Mc Namee
Cooper
Mc carthy
O sullivan
Harte
C cavanagh
Fenton
Sludden
Connolly
Mannion
Rock
O callaghan
Donnelly.

However tyrone as a unit are incredibly hard to score against
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Dire Ear

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 07, 2017, 07:41:50 PM
Not much wrong with that.  Dublin are over rated; Tyrone can beat them, with the run of the green, and a fair ref

seanmc123

Quote from: time ticking away on August 08, 2017, 10:34:46 AM
Cuxton
Mc mahon
Mc Namee
Cooper
Mc carthy
O sullivan
Harte
C cavanagh
Fenton
Sludden
Connolly
Mannion
Rock
O callaghan
Donnelly.

However tyrone as a unit are incredibly hard to score against

Don't know where people are putting in Philly Mcmahon?? If any of use have been watching games this year he has been getting a run around. Jack mccarron roasted him on Sunday if it would not of been for clucko he would have got at least a goal to go along with his points. Overrated big time as a man marker