Started by caprea, February 01, 2018, 11:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: Therealdonald on March 27, 2018, 07:41:17 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 27, 2018, 06:06:47 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 05:53:49 PM
Quote from: AQMP on March 27, 2018, 05:47:51 PM
Quote from: gallsman on March 27, 2018, 05:38:56 PM
A large glass and half of wine and three double vodkas over the course of a night out would be pretty tame by student standards.

Maybe.  It was in my day.  Just saying we (on the board) can't second guess her tolerance to alcohol.

Absolutely not, just making the observation. If I was on a jury and heard that that was the total consumption over a night out consisting of pre-drinks, a nightclub and a house party afterwards I'd be raising my eyebrows.

Most of the women I knew in college didn't drink heavily. A couple glasses of wine and an alchopop or two and they were done. Same as most lads, they knew their limits. For all this talk of students binge drinking the fact is the vast majority don't drink themselves into a coma and at least stop before they get to a point where they can't find their way home.

Syferus I'm not sure what the alcohol tolerance of the women in the Chess club were, but I can only discuss my time in Belfast. Boys and girls both binge drank. On any night the women had as much drink as the men. Where it differed was the boys headed to for the cure the next morning whilst the women headed to class.

I wasn't in Belfast but I can vouch that in other parts of the country it was the same.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

RedHand88

Jury back to deliberations...

David McKeown

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 28, 2018, 11:05:37 AM

I'd imagine they'd get the rest of the day or most of it before they get the majority direction if needed.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Milltown Row2

Quote from: David McKeown on March 28, 2018, 11:58:20 AM

I'd imagine they'd get the rest of the day or most of it before they get the majority direction if needed.

Will there be a verdict today?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GetOverTheBar

You wouldn't want to have to be released after 6/7 weeks to have to go back into your real job for 1 day. Need to get the Thursday out of it, then a nice wee break until back after easter.

They know.

Tony Baloney

I know we've had this before but is majority 10/1 rather than the logical 6/5?

David McKeown

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 28, 2018, 12:15:08 PM

I know we've had this before but is majority 10/1 rather than the logical 6/5?

Yes

yellowcard

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 28, 2018, 12:14:23 PM

You wouldn't want to have to be released after 6/7 weeks to have to go back into your real job for 1 day. Need to get the Thursday out of it, then a nice wee break until back after easter.

They know.

Are jury members told to keep it confidential that they have are on a particular case? You would imagine that fellow workers would have a fair idea if someone just took 2 months off work.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: yellowcard on March 28, 2018, 12:22:27 PM

They know.

Are jury members told to keep it confidential that they have are on a particular case? You would imagine that fellow workers would have a fair idea if someone just took 2 months off work.

Impossible to keep it quiet, they'll be told not to publicise it / talk about it obviously but a judge cannot stop co workers spreading etc. Belfast is a small place, the jurors are known.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 28, 2018, 12:24:30 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on March 28, 2018, 12:22:27 PM

They know.

Impossible to keep it quiet, they'll be told not to publicise it / talk about it obviously but a judge cannot stop co workers spreading etc. Belfast is a small place, the jurors are known.

Who could afford to be out of work for 2 months? Madness amount of time, if you were self employed you'd be out of business
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fr. Cyril McDuff

Verdicts in. Not guilty!
All defendants acquitted.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Fr. Cyril McDuff on March 28, 2018, 12:29:47 PM
Verdicts in. Not guilty!

Not really surprising. Hard to get beyond reasonable doubt. Unanimous too.

AZOffaly

Frank Greaney

Verified account

@FrankGreaney
4m4 minutes ago
More
BREAKING Rory Harrison NOT GUILTY of perverting the course of justice and withholding information

0 replies 47 retweets 64 likes
Reply   Retweet 47   Like 64   Direct message

Frank Greaney

Verified account

@FrankGreaney
4m4 minutes ago
More
BREAKING Blane McIlroy NOT GUILTY of exposure

0 replies 52 retweets 63 likes
Reply   Retweet 52   Like 63   Direct message

Frank Greaney

Verified account

@FrankGreaney
5m5 minutes ago
More
BREAKING Stuart Olding NOT GUILTY of oral rape

0 replies 64 retweets 68 likes
Reply   Retweet 64   Like 68   Direct message

Frank Greaney

Verified account

@FrankGreaney
5m5 minutes ago
More
BREAKING Paddy Jackson NOT GUILTY of sexual assault

1 reply 87 retweets 87 likes
Reply 1   Retweet 87   Like 87   Direct message

Frank Greaney

Verified account

@FrankGreaney
5m5 minutes ago
More
BREAKING Paddy Jackson NOT GUILTY of rape

1 reply 107 retweets 114 likes
Reply 1   Retweet 107   Like 114   Direct message

Frank Greaney

Verified account

@FrankGreaney
6m6 minutes ago
More
BREAKING The jurors have just returned to the courtroom with unanimous verdicts on all counts. They've been deliberating for 3hrs 45mins. All 100 seats in the public gallery have been taken. The four defendants are back in the dock.

brokencrossbar1

Justice done and seen to be done. Unanimity of it is very telling.

David McKeown

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 28, 2018, 12:32:57 PM
Quote from: Fr. Cyril McDuff on March 28, 2018, 12:29:47 PM
Verdicts in. Not guilty!

Not really surprising. Hard to get beyond reasonable doubt. Unanimous too.

The acquittal of McIlroy shows the IP was simply not believed.