Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 07, 2017, 09:58:46 AM
Mostly underage guys though?

I do remember playing against Belfast clubs at minor where guys were playing for them that had previously been at other city clubs and a few years later their minor teammates were turning out at senior elsewhere. I also know a couple of other lads who joined another top city side around that time, one from a country club and the other from a lower division city side. In both these cases neither had a huge impact for the club they joined. Such is life.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Hectic on January 07, 2017, 11:26:17 AM
Quote from: paddyjohn on January 07, 2017, 09:55:34 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 07, 2017, 08:49:04 AM
In a lot of cases for the country clubs when players transfer they have moved there. I don't think you would find too many, if any, from cargin / glenravel who don't actually live there...

The city and country club dynamic is just different really. I imagine it is the same in a lot of cities in ireland.

Glenravel have always had a few from C'Dal, Glenarriffe & Carnlough playing for them. Neil McManus, played and won underage leagues with them.

That surely would be fair enough though given they are the local football club. Did they not have an ex county player from elsewhere star for them this season?

He's lived there for years though as I think he is married into a family there.

Same with Magill and Cargin as he lives there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 07, 2017, 12:07:14 PM
In a lot of cases for the country clubs when players transfer they have moved there. I don't think you would find too many, if any, from cargin / glenravel who don't actually live there...

The city and country club dynamic is just different really. I imagine it is the same in a lot of cities in ireland.

Glenravel have always had a few from C'Dal, Glenarriffe & Carnlough playing for them. Neil McManus, played and won underage leagues with them.

That surely would be fair enough though given they are the local football club. Did they not have an ex county player from elsewhere star for them this season?

It's not like he lives 2 hour round trip!! Let's say he didn't move cause he lives there...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2017, 01:04:14 PM

It's not like he lives 2 hour round trip!! Let's say he didn't move cause he lives there...

Then why did he move there saying you know so much?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 07, 2017, 01:34:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 07, 2017, 01:04:14 PM

Then why did he move there saying you know so much?

Cause he wanted to? Ambitious? Fall out with his club? All these things?? I don't know! But don't put it down to distance from previous club.... I'm further away from my club than Michael is.. decent lad met him a couple times, he's his reason and I wouldn't judge him either way... but the defensive shit that comes on here from the sw mob is laughable
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

A bit like yu and referee criticism mr ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 07, 2017, 03:05:38 PM
A bit like yu and referee criticism mr ;D

Depends on what hat I have on! Player manager or ref!!

Galer

Didnt realise magill was in cargin parish.must have moved fairly recently.mccarry has lived in gravel for 4 years

JimStynes

Quote from: hardstation on January 07, 2017, 05:52:53 PM
Quote from: Galer on January 07, 2017, 05:13:54 PM
mccarry has lived in gravel for 4 years
Is that concrete or just a rumour?

haha

Was surprised to see Big Marty stripping out for Glenravel. Didn't even know he had transferred until middle of the year. I think his is a different situation than Magill. Marty played his best days with his own club and is near the end of his senior playing days and transferred to where he is living.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on January 07, 2017, 05:52:53 PM
Quote from: Galer on January 07, 2017, 05:13:54 PM
mccarry has lived in gravel for 4 years
Is that concrete or just a rumour?

I'd be mortar fied if true!

I'll get my coat

culchie11

He has lived there a while yes married to chairmans sister as far as I know.

Surprised none of the Belfast clubs didn't snap up Benny Hasson...he's away to Bredagh.... Travelling was the problem!

Galer

Was travel the prob or does he see where rasharkin r heading

paddyjohn

Quote from: Galer on January 08, 2017, 01:04:07 AM
Was travel the prob or does he see where rasharkin r heading

Why where are they heading??

JimStynes

Pretty shite match today there. Some of the Tryone men on the St. Mary's team are on a different level. I thought Glenavy did a great job of hosting as well.

paddyjohn

Anybody know how many Back to the Future films there was?