Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hand up

DR  We did try and find an alternative date for the fixture but to no avail, McQuillans where informed on this on Friday
But chose to wait until this morning to request that the ccc moved the fixture to a Date that suited Cushendall Doh!! The normal practice is if Both clubs agree then the fixture can be moved, on this occasion one club got it moved, handy having the CCC chairman from your club.

culchie11

So it's ok for games to be called off when ur own club r running round looking them off, but not when another club is!  everybody looks after themselves.

Lads stag do, weddings, etc r now acceptable excuses for getting games called off again!

certain members of Ccc r only interested when their own club is involved.

There will be more of this as the year progresses!

Hand up

Your right games can be moved but only when BOTH clubs agree!! But this is Championship and I can't remember CCC calling a championship game off on one clubs request perhaps someone else can enlightened me.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hand up on May 09, 2016, 11:01:12 PM
Your right games can be moved but only when BOTH clubs agree!! But this is Championship and I can't remember CCC calling a championship game off on one clubs request perhaps someone else can enlightened me.

Generally they make you play the game and if you don't turn up you are out..... They'd no problems kicking us out of the Nelson cup at start of year.... But hey different things for different clubs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jesusjones

They wouldn't move a league game for us earlier on. One rule for some and a different rule for others.

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Jesusjones on May 10, 2016, 06:37:55 AM
They wouldn't move a league game for us earlier on. One rule for some and a different rule for others.

Exactly. Cushendall and Loughgiel both agreed to move a fixture but CCC wouldn't oblige and Cushendall were punished. Now Ballycastle can get a Championship game moved on short notice?

It's things like this that drive people mad.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Jesusjones on May 09, 2016, 06:26:54 PM
Under 21 1/4s and semis have been on a Monday night this past few years although I agree yesterday was the day for it. Our match v Dunloy was called off yesterday because of the under 21 match tonight. Now it's off too. 24 hours that sum up many of our problems in Antrim. Matches should be fixed and played. Fellas working away isn't a reason to look for a game called off.

we werent fixed to play yourselves JJ. Sunday was a free day for clubs
hurl like f**k boi!

Jesusjones

Gizzy15

Quote from: Jesusjones on May 10, 2016, 12:33:51 PM
Yes you were.

GAA President, Aogán Ó Fearghail, has announced the return of Lá na gClubanna to the GAA Calendar in 2016. This special day dedicated to GAA clubs and club activities will take place on Sunday May 8th.

The inaugural Lá na gClubanna was held in 2009 as part of the GAA's national events to mark our 125th Anniversary.

This festival will be a day when Clubs will take centre stage and afford them the opportunity to celebrate their existence and impact in their community and reconnect with their locality.

Omagh St. Enda's and Tyrone GAA Star, Joe McMahon, was in Croke Park for the launch of La na gClubanna 2016

Clubs are being encouraged to keep this date free and to plan events to fittingly mark the role they play in their community. The return of this special Club day is part of a concerted effort to champion our Clubs as the most important part of the Association. Uachtarán Aogán Ó Fearghail said off the project:

"Where we are at our best in the GAA – is in the Clubs. The absolute importance of the Club to the GAA is something I see and am made keenly aware of in my regular visits to clubs around the country and abroad.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Gizzy15 on May 10, 2016, 12:51:09 PM
Yes you were.

GAA President, Aogán Ó Fearghail, has announced the return of Lá na gClubanna to the GAA Calendar in 2016. This special day dedicated to GAA clubs and club activities will take place on Sunday May 8th.

The inaugural Lá na gClubanna was held in 2009 as part of the GAA's national events to mark our 125th Anniversary.

This festival will be a day when Clubs will take centre stage and afford them the opportunity to celebrate their existence and impact in their community and reconnect with their locality.

Omagh St. Enda's and Tyrone GAA Star, Joe McMahon, was in Croke Park for the launch of La na gClubanna 2016

Clubs are being encouraged to keep this date free and to plan events to fittingly mark the role they play in their community. The return of this special Club day is part of a concerted effort to champion our Clubs as the most important part of the Association. Uachtarán Aogán Ó Fearghail said off the project:

"Where we are at our best in the GAA – is in the Clubs. The absolute importance of the Club to the GAA is something I see and am made keenly aware of in my regular visits to clubs around the country and abroad.

Mr Brolly took the Uacharan to task over this. His argument was that Clubs are already in touch with their locality - and that this was patronising. Rather it's the top brass who need to re-connect.
A good point well made.
A lot of the stuff that goes on for photoshoots etc in La na gClubanna actually goes on all year every year.
When it came to actually doing something concrete to help CLubs - Congress failed miserably.

Gizzy15

Quote from: btdtgtt on May 10, 2016, 02:13:33 PM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on May 10, 2016, 12:51:09 PM
Yes you were.

Mr Brolly took the Uacharan to task over this. His argument was that Clubs are already in touch with their locality - and that this was patronising. Rather it's the top brass who need to re-connect.
A good point well made.
A lot of the stuff that goes on for photoshoots etc in La na gClubanna actually goes on all year every year.
When it came to actually doing something concrete to help CLubs - Congress failed miserably.

very good points made, i was basically just outlining the facy that the date was to be kept free.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Yes you were.

lol no we werent. our next game in the fixture list after Ballycran was Lgiel tomorrow night. Were due to play yourselves on the 8th of June in Dunloy with the return fixture on the weds night the 10th of Aug.
hurl like f**k boi!

Leyland

Both Jesus Jones and Hand Up always know best - you should know that. After all they have their finger in most things. Call it brotherly love!

As for us calling game off - game should have been played last night. We have a few lads working away. Tough. Can't argue with anyone about the reasons. Our esteemed secretary is able to get his way with most things.

hurlingstick

That was one peculiar game of hurling between Shamrocks and Dunloy. Terrible sending off in the first ten minutes!!!

Brocky

Funny game alright. Dunloy looked sharp enough at times. Loughgiel have plenty to work on and quite a number to come back in yet.
Regarding the sending off, if you call the ref an Armoy c##t you deserve sent off.