best mobile phones on the market???

Started by kinghen, October 14, 2008, 02:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mournerambler

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 04, 2011, 09:59:39 PM
I am looking to splash out on wan of them fancy android phones. The Samsung Galaxy S is the one cleaning up on the reviews. What's this sound like for a deal?

Phone: Free.
300 minutes.
Unlimited texts.
500mb mobile internet.
Unlimited WiFi acces.
£85 cash back.

The main stumbling block for me is that I live in the North but can only pick up O2 Ire in the house. Therefore I'd need to negotiate a deal that negates that cost.

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/phone/Samsung_Galaxy_S_Black/&cid=ppcyah/search.aspx?product=Samsung_Galaxy_S_Black&intcid=&cid=ppcyah

Move house, problem solved  ;)

Bogball XV

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 04, 2011, 09:59:39 PM
I am looking to splash out on wan of them fancy android phones. The Samsung Galaxy S is the one cleaning up on the reviews. What's this sound like for a deal?

Phone: Free.
300 minutes.
Unlimited texts.
500mb mobile internet.
Unlimited WiFi acces.
£85 cash back.

The main stumbling block for me is that I live in the North but can only pick up O2 Ire in the house. Therefore I'd need to negotiate a deal that negates that cost.

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/phone/Samsung_Galaxy_S_Black/&cid=ppcyah/search.aspx?product=Samsung_Galaxy_S_Black&intcid=&cid=ppcyah
Go for the HTC Desire HD - it gets the best reviews in a head to head between the Big 3 (Iphone4, Galaxy and Desire).  I have a galaxy and it's a good phone (and everything else), but the battery is shockingly bad (and I am very careful not to leave battery hogging apps running).

gallsman

Have the Desire HD two weeks now and love it. Yes, it's big but that's the point. Battery takes a while to condition itself but you'll get a day out of it no bother.

ONeill

Back in the market next month. Had iPhones for about 4 years, then Samsung for 2, then HTC One M8 for 2. All good phones. Looking for something different. Huawei Nexus 6P catching my eye - anyone have this or anything like it? Looking for good storage.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gallsman

Quote from: ONeill on February 07, 2016, 12:04:23 PM
Back in the market next month. Had iPhones for about 4 years, then Samsung for 2, then HTC One M8 for 2. All good phones. Looking for something different. Huawei Nexus 6P catching my eye - anyone have this or anything like it? Looking for good storage.

One plus X or Nexus 5X? Great phones for the price. Nexus 6P is top notch but pricy.

StGallsGAA

I've had every model of Samsung Galaxy from S1 through to S4.  Each one has developed hardware probs within 18 months despite all of them having Otterbox cases.  I got sick of forking out £200-£300 replacing so bought a Vodaphone Smart Ultra last year for £100 new. Brilliant choice.  Virtually indistinguishable fron the Samsung and I get asked constantly is it an iPhone 5 or an S5. 

aontroim abu

my personal phone is the HTC M7, really really good phone. But my work phone is the Microsoft Lumia 935 XL - absolutely outstanding. only drawback is the app store

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on February 07, 2016, 12:22:42 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 07, 2016, 12:04:23 PM

One plus X or Nexus 5X? Great phones for the price. Nexus 6P is top notch but pricy.
Have seen good reviews of these One Plus phones over the past few weeks as a SIM-free option. Around £200 for what appears to be a decent smartphone is good going.

tbrick18

Not the most stylish of phones, but I got one through work and its actually a deadly job.
Elephone P8000. I think its a 5 inch screen, full hd.
Amazing camera (13M I think), long life battery (2 days easy with everything running), good responsive phone.
You'd get one for £120 I think.
Dual Sim as well and have an expandable memory slot.

If your not a brand snob, its a perfect Android phone.

Here's a link to the one I have, but there are newer models since.

http://www.elephonestore.com/elephone-p8000-5-5-inch-octa-core-4g-phone.html

laoislad

I bought a UMI Emax off Aliexpress for 140e. Great phone. Full HD 5.5inch phone.
Great battery life.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Longshanks

Last year I bought the oneplus one as for the price the spec is unbelieveable up there with the samsungs and iphones of this world at half the price.
Advised the gf to get the oneplus two which was out about 4 months back and she loves it, its the upgrade on mine and normally I would change but I just dont see the point at the moment as this phone is so good and caused no problems.

I defo would consider looking at the oneplus range before you buy anything else because the value is so good.

gallsman

The oneplus 2 has just had its price cut as well. They're fantastic phones and I'm eagerly awaiting the 3 later in the year.

deiseach

Has anyone here made a second-hand purchase of a flagship phone? I see prices in shop windows which seem to amount to a €20 saving over a brand new model and wonder who would take a chance for so little.

themac_23

People seem very quick to slate iPhones, maybe its due to the price? i have had one every time since they came out (company contract phones) and love them. i find them very user friendly and my only gripe with them is the battery life, but in saying that i can prob be sore on phone usage. i have a Macbook and it syncs very well with it, i get all my text messages and phone calls through it. suppose its down to individual preference really.

Longshanks

Quote from: themac_23 on February 10, 2016, 01:21:12 PM
People seem very quick to slate iPhones, maybe its due to the price? i have had one every time since they came out (company contract phones) and love them. i find them very user friendly and my only gripe with them is the battery life, but in saying that i can prob be sore on phone usage. i have a Macbook and it syncs very well with it, i get all my text messages and phone calls through it. suppose its down to individual preference really.

I had an iphone and my experience was only good especially if I had any problems with it, the build quality is excellent.
In saying that yes it is expensive and I feel you get more bang for your buck if you go for an android phone, also apple phones are quite restricitve in what they allow you do or download, I would use showbox and movies HD and this isnt an option due to security protection on apple so that's why I wouldnt go back to them (that and the price)