Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

See Sean Cavanagh has called for Harte to quit (now it would appear obvious the brother has finished)

No fan of Harte but Cavanagh has really let himself down since finishing his county playing days.

Helpline

Surely its now time for Mickey to go, it was clear to see from yesterday's poor attendance that Tyrone Gaels are not going to the games because of the style of play and management. Even the loyal Gaels who attended Croke Park yesterday were talking about not returning again until Mickey steps aside.Surely for the sake of Tyrone GAA and the progress of the county teams change needs to happen before its too late.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

In hiding

12 months ago the usual suspects on here were saying all we are missing is a top quality forward who can score 5 or 6 points every game and we could beat anyone then. Along comes Cathal Mc Shane who has been superb all year and now we have to come up with a new set of excuses

southtyronegael

And now there will be added pressure on young canavan to get Tyrone to the next level. Feel sorry for the lad. I haven't attended a Tyrone game in 2 years and I really miss the match day buzz but I will not be back until harte and his cronies are gone. Incredibly selfish from harte to put himself before his county.

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 12, 2019, 11:39:57 AM
See Sean Cavanagh has called for Harte to quit (now it would appear obvious the brother has finished)

No fan of Harte but Cavanagh has really let himself down since finishing his county playing days.

Doesn't see much wrong with this, he's just saying what everyone else in the County is saying and as a pundit he's just giving his opinion, Mickey has been our greatest ever manager but there comes a time when its time to step down

Christmas Lights

How do you mean?  How DARE he give his opinion like.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 12, 2019, 02:06:15 PM

This is the 4th or 5th snipe at Harte publicly from Sean Cavanagh.

Sean wasn't too brave to give his opinion in public when he was there, under Harte when maybe even he would have been able to influence him from within.

He's entitled to his opinion obviously, but leaves me thinking where were these views during his playing days.

bgal10

For those calling for a change of management - if new management was put in place for the start of 2020, what would the expectations be over a 5 year period?

Based on the discontent at the efforts and results of our current manager, I would assume this to be:
1) At least 3 Ulster titles;
2) 2 All Ireland Final appearances with a semi final appearance as a bare minimum each year;
3) At least 1 All Ireland title.

Anything less would have to be deemed not good enough based on current standards.

Do those wanting new management genuinely believe that Tyrone will undoubtedly achieve the above with a new manager? Or is it a case of wanting new management to "see what happens"?

Christmas Lights

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 12, 2019, 02:09:09 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on August 12, 2019, 02:06:15 PM

This is the 4th or 5th snipe at Harte publicly from Sean Cavanagh.

Sean wasn't too brave to give his opinion in public when he was there, under Harte when maybe even he would have been able to influence him from within.

He's entitled to his opinion obviously, but leaves me thinking where were these views during his playing days.

They probably were his views but I'd imagine he didn't want to say anything otherwise he would risk being dropped / axed / exiled from the team or maybe even the panel. He probably also felt it would be a waste of time to say anything as it maybe wouldn't change the coaching staff's minds and he was therefore just straining the relationship for nothing in the end up.

tyrone08

Quote from: bgal10 on August 12, 2019, 02:57:13 PM
For those calling for a change of management - if new management was put in place for the start of 2020, what would the expectations be over a 5 year period?

Based on the discontent at the efforts and results of our current manager, I would assume this to be:
2) 2 All Ireland Final appearances with a semi final appearance as a bare minimum each year;

Anything less would have to be deemed not good enough based on current standards.

Do those wanting new management genuinely believe that Tyrone will undoubtedly achieve the above with a new manager? Or is it a case of wanting new management to "see what happens"?

A change of management has to happen at some point so why not now. If we were to change manager I would expect within first 3 years to retain div 1 status and win 1 ulster. Not to unrealistic is it.

I believe a lot of people wouldn't mind getting knocked out for first few years as long as they could see tyrone building on it and getting better each year. That is not the case with her current set up. Same faults year after year and only for easier draws in last 2 years we would have been knocked out earlier.

Donegal and kerry are getting better each year and will be a massive force. You cant say the same for tyrone.

Angelo

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 12, 2019, 04:20:13 PM

A change of management has to happen at some point so why not now. If we were to change manager I would expect within first 3 years to retain div 1 status and win 1 ulster. Not to unrealistic is it.

I believe a lot of people wouldn't mind getting knocked out for first few years as long as they could see tyrone building on it and getting better each year. That is not the case with her current set up. Same faults year after year and only for easier draws in last 2 years we would have been knocked out earlier.

Donegal and kerry are getting better each year and will be a massive force. You cant say the same for tyrone.

Kerry have a conveyor belt of underage talent to call upon, Tyrone have not been too impressive in that regard.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

trailer

Whatever about the future, Harte has actually left at least one All Ireland and 2 or 3 USF titles behind him. Time to get rid and start a fresh. Sure we mightn't win anything but we're not winning anything at the minute. We've nothing to lose.

shawshank

You couldn't make this up  ;D ;D ;D :o Currently bt in an All Ireland semi-final, All Ireland final last year, with the semifinal the year before. You want a new manager so you can get 'knocked out for a few years' Hi mate, that's regression. I tell you what way it will go when Harte leaves, you will regress. He has total power, same as Ferguson. When Harte goes that psychological hold will go as well. Be careful what you wish for.

tyrone08

Quote from: shawshank on August 12, 2019, 04:34:30 PM

You couldn't make this up  ;D ;D ;D :o Currently bt in an All Ireland semi-final, All Ireland final last year, with the semifinal the year before. You want a new manager so you can get 'knocked out for a few years' Hi mate, that's regression. I tell you what way it will go when Harte leaves, you will regress. He has total power, same as Ferguson. When Harte goes that psychological hold will go as well. Be careful what you wish for.

Read my post again please. I said we had 2 years of easy back door teams to get to the final last year and semi final this year. We have not beaten Mayo, Kerry or Dublin in over 4 years in croke park champonship football. This is most certainly not progression.  We can beat any team outside of these 3 but sure whats the point of getting to the semis or final if you realistically don't have a chance of winning. 

The problem with having total control is that there is no new ideas. What you have now is a group of players who are unable to think on their feet due to total control as you call it. Tyrone had worked on their kicking game and the running game but seem only capable of doing 1 or the other throughout a match. They do not seem to change it up depending on how the game is progressing. Thats due to players not having the confidence to think of their feet.

Tyrone have lost numerous attacking forwards due to Harte and now Peter donnelly is away as well.

Angelo

Quote from: tyrone08 on August 12, 2019, 04:44:29 PM
Quote from: shawshank on August 12, 2019, 04:34:30 PM

Read my post again please. I said we had 2 years of easy back door teams to get to the final last year and semi final this year. We have not beaten Mayo, Kerry or Dublin in over 4 years in croke park champonship football. This is most certainly not progression.  We can beat any team outside of these 3 but sure whats the point of getting to the semis or final if you realistically don't have a chance of winning. 

The problem with having total control is that there is no new ideas. What you have now is a group of players who are unable to think on their feet due to total control as you call it. Tyrone had worked on their kicking game and the running game but seem only capable of doing 1 or the other throughout a match. They do not seem to change it up depending on how the game is progressing. Thats due to players not having the confidence to think of their feet.

Tyrone have lost numerous attacking forwards due to Harte and now Peter donnelly is away as well.

The problem with the attacking forwards is that they are not cut out for the modern game.You look at the Kerry and Dublin full forward lines, they have no slight, small guys playing inside. You look at how someone like Darach O'Connor is no longer involved with Donegal. Guys like Loftus have really struggled to make the grade with Mayo.

We have a few decent forwards coming on the scene now, guys like Canavan, McAleer and Devlin will be ones to watch out for in a few years time. Canavan Jr looks like his game at county level is being targeted at playing out the field as he does not have the physical presence to play inside in the modern game.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL