WESTERNS

Started by Armagh4SamAgain, June 24, 2008, 06:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh4SamAgain

I reelly like western films and Ive watched all of Clint eastwoods. I even like some of the realy old black an white films. I didnt see the onw with Brad Pit about Jesse James but i will watch it on DVD. Did any body see it and what did they think. I herd it was long.

Does anybody else like westerns. What you favorit.

'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

fred the red

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

Also a massive Clint fan. Can't get enough of the spaghettis. The Jesse James film was watchable and is available to download illegally anywhere.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

magickingdom

john wayne is the best, they even callled an airport after him..

Bogball XV

Westerns are really 1950's and 1960's A4SA, nowadays most younger people don't really like them, they're too predictable and they all seem to have racist undertones that aren't politically correct anymore. 
I would rather watch comedy movies like 40yo Virgin, Meet the Parents and so on, sometimes, of course I like to watch current foreign classics, you know the type, Almodovar movies and that sort of thing, you should try and broaden your horizons a wee bit, you'd never know what you'll find.  Probably the best thing to do would be to watch some other Clint Eastwood movies, non-westerns, for example movies like "Play Misty for Me", "Every Which Way But Loose" and "In the Line of Fire" would be good starts. 
Other movies I would recommend would be "Flags of Our Fathers" and then maybe "Letters from Iwo Jima" to get into the foreign films. 
Hope you enjoy them.

Square Ball

John Wayne is the main man, some great ones with Victor McLaughlin, and of course as Rooster Cogburn
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Puckoon

Rooster Cogburn.

Anyways, A4SA - the western is a tremedous genre. Couple of new ones out which are quite good with Robert Duvall in them.

Yes I Would

The Outlaw Jose Wales one of the greats. He sure was a tough cookie!

ziggysego

Hate Westerns with a passion.
Testing Accessibility

full back

Find them all very predictable
Same sh1te different film

Fishbat

Quote from: magickingdom on June 24, 2008, 06:50:44 PM
john wayne is the best, they even callled an airport after him..

Who? Wayne or Best?

Bonanza baighs, Bonanza

stephenite

The Searchers is the best Western movie ever made

Donagh

Quote from: stephenite on June 25, 2008, 06:08:34 AM
The Searchers is the best Western movie ever made

Not even close to the best.

theskull1

Agree with O'Neill........Sergio Leone westerns are cinema classics
Also have a soft spot for Shane  :)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera