Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: only1clansinlurgan on February 08, 2010, 10:06:32 AM
clans off til a winning start in the ulster league yesterday. any other news on the other armagh clubs. :)

White Cross beat Moy by a couple of goals.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ogshead on February 07, 2010, 10:29:30 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 07, 2010, 07:45:05 PM
Quote from: ogshead on February 06, 2010, 09:38:26 PM
Quote from: charlie stubbs on February 06, 2010, 08:49:26 PM
Quote from: ogshead on February 06, 2010, 05:53:48 PM
Does anyone know if the rumours about Mc Verry from Mullabawn transferring to Cross. I also heard that Tasker from Cullyhanna has been approached. I know at this stage it's all rumour but it doesn't sound as good practice. If it is true I would be very disappointed to hear and I'm sure Mullabawn and St Pats won't stand for it. Just hope a situation doesn't arise like that of the one in Dublin

would take these rumours with pinch of salt at this stage.disgrace if does happen though imo

Just noticed it referred to on orchardcounty and it only mentioned Mc Verry. After asking a couple of people about it Taskers' name was mentioned although they did say he wouldn't move. Whether they move or not I still don't like the idea of players being tapped up like soccer players would

Jaysus you;re awful easily led ;D  I dropped that in to see who would bite, not a word of it officially. ;)

I realise that it is all rumour and did think myself that it was a wind up. It was only when I mentioned it to someone I know that there then appeared to be some substance to this wind up. No smoke without fire and all that. Also I think it's a disgrace for clubs to tap up young players like that

No harm but do you honestly think we need to tap up other clubs players.  The club produces enough young players every year to paly on any senior team.  It is easy to make allegations, "no smoke without fire" yadda yadda but it isn't happening. 

illdecide

BC1 i'd say you're about 3 stone heavier now from that picture was taken :D :D :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

fitzroyalty

I wouldn't know McVerry personally, but I'd be very surprised if he left Mullabawn

winsamsoon

especially to go to cross, wouldn't think there would be any love lost there. It is another load of sh ite lads
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

naka

did willie joe padden play for the crupps yesterday ?

ogshead

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 08, 2010, 11:13:59 AM
Does anyone know if the rumours about Mc Verry from Mullabawn transferring to Cross. I also heard that Tasker from Cullyhanna has been approached. I know at this stage it's all rumour but it doesn't sound as good practice. If it is true I would be very disappointed to hear and I'm sure Mullabawn and St Pats won't stand for it. Just hope a situation doesn't arise like that of the one in Dublin

would take these rumours with pinch of salt at this stage.disgrace if does happen though imo

Just noticed it referred to on orchardcounty and it only mentioned Mc Verry. After asking a couple of people about it Taskers' name was mentioned although they did say he wouldn't move. Whether they move or not I still don't like the idea of players being tapped up like soccer players would

Jaysus you;re awful easily led ;D  I dropped that in to see who would bite, not a word of it officially. ;)

I realise that it is all rumour and did think myself that it was a wind up. It was only when I mentioned it to someone I know that there then appeared to be some substance to this wind up. No smoke without fire and all that. Also I think it's a disgrace for clubs to tap up young players like that

No harm but do you honestly think we need to tap up other clubs players.  The club produces enough young players every year to paly on any senior team.  It is easy to make allegations, "no smoke without fire" yadda yadda but it isn't happening.

I perfectly understand that Cross don't need to tap up players. I have watched some of their underage teams and it's amazing to see them produce great teams year on year at underage. I did say I realise it's all rumour as well

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: ogshead on February 08, 2010, 09:27:54 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 08, 2010, 11:13:59 AM

I perfectly understand that Cross don't need to tap up players. I have watched some of their underage teams and it's amazing to see them produce great teams year on year at underage. I did say I realise it's all rumour as well

But you qualified it very clearly with your no smoke without fire attitude.  As you rightly say there are enough quality players being produced through the clubs own system to make the requirement to tap up players unnecessary.  We have turned local players down who wanted to leave their clubs and play with Cross.  You don't hear those rumours too often, but it has happened.

only1clansinlurgan

naka

dont know if willie joe played but cruppens result was very impressive.. 5.14 they scored in these conditions.. 

naka

i have been told that he is training with cruppen, i wonder would wiilie joe transfer his county allegiances would be no harm to armagh at all

Joxer

Quote from: naka on February 08, 2010, 09:05:15 PM
did willie joe padden play for the crupps yesterday ?

I dont know, but Billy Joe might have!

only1clansinlurgan

take ur face face 4 a vomit joxer saan..... :P :P

crossfire

Or the one in armagh city. ;) ;)

pintsofguinness

Quote from: crossfire on February 10, 2010, 08:36:40 PM

Why what's going on there
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ogshead

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 10, 2010, 08:48:36 PM
Quote from: crossfire on February 10, 2010, 08:36:40 PM

Why what's going on there

I knew this would be mentioned as soon as I posted the above. Different scenario and I'm not even sure if a transfer request has been made. One thing I do know is that no one was doing any tapping up in this situation